In's And Out's

AndyRoss

I'd still like a right back and a striker at least, more if the likes of Fitzy and Dazzler are allowed to leave.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A striker and right back are absolutely essential. From what I've seen so far, Steven Saunders isn't up to first team football just yet. Up front.... what if John Sutton/Jamie Murphy get injured/suspended? A big centre back too would be essentail in my book.

What Motherwell need is a player with great technical ability and experience! Hughes was technically our best player and had the experience, next in line is Hammell but after that who? Nobody!

From what I have heard Humphreys, Coke and Slane all carry a good technical ability but dont have the experience... Now I think the next few signings, importantly HAVE to be experienced at an SPL/Championship-ish level, I think this may be essential!

We crying out for a right back. If we were to make only one signing I'd hope it would be a solid right back who can get forward a bit.

'well can't test this but hutchinson looks like he would be a class right back

Unthinkable not to go into the season having not replaced Clarkson and Porters goals. If we don't also get a strong centre half, then we have learnt nothing from MM's time.

Totally agree with the post above that says this team needs some experienced heads though.

One or two quality signings and I'm sure this team will be top six or there abouts.

Unthinkable not to go into the season having not replaced Clarkson and Porters goals.

Very good point. A poacher to play up there with big Sutton and feed from his knock downs would be invaluable. A little goal getter, a cheap version of Michael Owen, if you will.

Very good point. A poacher to play up there with big Sutton and feed from his knock downs would be invaluable. A little goal getter, a cheap version of Michael Owen, if you will.

motherwell can't afford to have a player injured all the time

motherwell can't afford to have a player injured all the time

:)

You know what I mean. A wee goalhanger who has that clinical finish. Yes, they're expensive, but I don't mean the real thing, I mean a low budget version who can try to feed off the scraps and get fifteen goals per season.

it would be good if gannon could find a prem kid like anthony stokes on loan

I know it is not quite logical, but I chuffin' hate loans! Of no medium-long term benefit to Super Well! I would much rather finish a couple of places back to blood in Archdeacon and McHugh --> potentially much better for us in the medium to long, and probably as much a risk as getting a young EPL loanee. For every Stokes there is that duffer from Villa we had a few years ago....Tennant was it?

Stokes was terrific at Falkirk, but since heading back down south has faded. Scored 3 goals for Sunderland in 36 appearances after his transfer, and just one more in loan spells at Crystal Palace and Sheffield Utd (in 25 games). Just goes to show you can't predict what direction a career will take based on half a season's performances.

Would still take him on loan mind you, didn't bang them in in the premier league but didn't look a total haddy either. Ideally our young strikers are making a positive impression on Gannon and we'll not need to bother with loans but sure we could do worse if that is route we do go down.

See the Dutch boy that doesn't have a future at Blackburn, think his name is Marco Rigters.

I'd have a look at him. Admittedly, he recently failed to win a deal with Southend but I'd say he is worth considering. He scored a number of goals for the Dutch kids a few years back, canny mind if it was the Under 19s or not, I'm thinking of the tournament where Drenthe was outstanding.

See the Dutch boy that doesn't have a future at Blackburn, think his name is Marco Rigters.

I'd have a look at him. Admittedly, he recently failed to win a deal with Southend but I'd say he is worth considering. He scored a number of goals for the Dutch kids a few years back, canny mind if it was the Under 19s or not, I'm thinking of the tournament where Drenthe was outstanding.

Aye, that was the Dutch U21 European Championship in 2007. Certainly one of the best players at that tournament along with Royston Drenthe as you mentioned and Ottman Bakkal.

Celtic were heavily linked with him after that tournament, but ended up at Blackburn instead.

Failed miserably, but still would think he is well out of our re-mit. More likely to end up at Hearts, if he were to move north of the border.

A striker and right back are absolutely essential. From what I've seen so far, Steven Saunders isn't up to first team football just yet. Up front.... what if John Sutton/Jamie Murphy get injured/suspended? A big centre back too would be essentail in my book.

I think this represents the popular consensus of opinion. Signing players isn't done to a scientific formula so I players won't come in in terms of priority. I fully expect a tall centre back, right back and striker to sign on in next 2-3 weeks.

Fitzy, McGarry and DLS may well move on, which could create space for more squad additions. However I don't expect all the money received from transfers to go on new players. I think some of it will be used to shore up the club kitty with the loss of Setanta revenue. I bet Accies do something similar with the McCarthy money.

Drenthe was outstanding. It must have been a shit tournament then.

On the contrary, it was a fantastic tournament, the Dutch being an absolute joy to watch. A tournament far greater than what Sweden hosted this year. Drenthe may never have lived up to his big move to the Bernabeu, but he excelled at that tournament and it was solely due to this he won that move to Real. Albeit I thought he was far overshadowed by Ottman Bakkal of PSV. Very impressive midfielder.