In's And Out's

AndyRoss

To be honest Fitzpatrick hasn't played any decent part this season. At least McGarry had a good game in Wales.

But I suppose that won't count because it was against a purely amateurish Llanelli team.

I think Fitzpatrick would bring alot to a team like Hamilton or St. Mirren, teams that need that bit more grit then teams who try to play football.

I'm a fan of Fitzpatrick, I like him he does the simple things well and would be an asset to any team, I just hope it's us.

He hasn't had any sort of run in the side in a steady position, ostensibly a midfielder he's filled in just about anywhere on the park for us and his attitude is spot on. His goal in the League Cup semi against the jambo's is one of my favourite moments of recent years. There may vwery well be others further up the pecking order than he is, but none with his versatility surely.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of Fitzpatrick, I like him he does the simple things well and would be an asset to any team, I just hope it's us.

He hasn't had any sort of run in the side in a steady position, ostensibly a midfielder he's filled in just about anywhere on the park for us and his attitude is spot on. His goal in the League Cup semi against the jambo's is one of my favourite moments of recent years. There may vwery well be others further up the pecking order than he is, but none with his versatility surely.

You don't make any sense....you moan constantly and often if people say black you say white, infact I think that sums you up perfectly!

You don't make any sense....you moan constantly and often if people say black you say white, infact I think that sums you up perfectly!

c'mon guys calm it :P

some guys come on this to escape the bitchin from there woman ... onlyy to be caught up in an onlinee bitching session !!

at the end of the dayy ... weir all well fans :P were 'family' :lol:

So far Gannon has looked like a man who knows what he wants and how to go about getting it. I much prefer to hear that we have signed a player than we will be signing a player like the old regime.

So I very much hope that Jim is on the case for a couple of strikers. The fact is that we have lost two first choice strikers and along with Sheridan - 3 of the first team strikers from last season. Whilst I believe Forbes and possibly Slane will chip in with more goals than last seasons midfield this is causing me a little concern.

Sutton has come on in leaps (quite literally) and bounds since the first game v Llanelli and was my MOM for Flumartari at home and even possibly Steaua at home. If he gets the chance he will stick them away. The problem is he seems more likely to set up chances with his flick ons. Murphy is a decent player but I still think he is too lightweight to take on most SPL central defenders.

We NEED a striker who will create as well as score goals. Someone who will slot in beside Sutton and another for back up in case of injury and to provide competition for the striker role. Otherwise we may play plenty of attractive football but struggle to score goals - very much like Steaua the other night.

He was apparently on good money at Cork, £2500 a week, but they have financial trouble.

Even still, with a full international cap and being less than halfway through a three-year contract, I can't imagine they'd let him go particularly cheaply, at least by League of Ireland standards.

was gannon not ment to be interested in the partick right back? australian guy? maybe thats why he was there.

Dont think so mate. Here's the team and simon storey isn't there. Wouldnt mind Dave rowson mind you :cheers:

The Thistle team, captained of course by Alan Archibald whose night it is, is as follows:

• 1. Craig Hinchcliffe
  • 2. Paul Paton
  • 3. Patrick Boyle
  • 4. Bryan Hodge
  • 5. John Robertson
  • 6. Alan Archibald
  • 7. Mark Corcoran
  • 8. David Rowson
  • 9. Kris Doolan
  • 10. Paul Cairney
  • 11. Chris Erskine

Subs

Ryan Scully

Ian Maxwell

Martyn Corrigan

Willie Kinniburgh

Jim Hamilton

Ricky Little

Ganon was in the wishaw press today, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere:

Meanwhile Gannon has revealed he is looking to add a right-back and a centre-forward to his squad saying

"We have not adequately replaced right back Paul Quinn.

"It has been a problem area for us.

"In the future we see the likes John Page and Steve Saunders filling that space but at the moment we are using Jim O'Brien and that is not ideal for the team or Jim O'Brien.

"We would also like to have another attacking dimension up front because we are conscious that there are several players that have become very important to the team and if we were to lose them there wouldn't be an adequate replacement in the squad.

Nothing too shocking in there.

"In the future we see the likes John Page and Steve Saunders filling that space but at the moment we are using Jim O'Brien and that is not ideal for the team or Jim O'Brien.

That quote makes it for me. The fact he has came out in the press and told Page and Saunders they have the a great chance in the future to be Motherwell right back will hopefully see both of them come on leaps and bounds, going head to head for that one slot :lol:

That quote makes it for me. The fact he has came out in the press and told Page and Saunders they have the a great chance in the future to be Motherwell right back will hopefully see both of them come on leaps and bounds, going head to head for that one slot :lol:

I think Saunders just needs to put on a bit of weight and get a run of games in the first team then he should be a more established player. I am sure he would do a better job than Jim O' Brien who can't be expected to be great playing in an unfamiliar position.

did he not play for kilbirnie or something before? Not another Martin Grehan!

think the transition is a bit too much to go from junior to SPL, but if you go up in increments it could really make a player

what about the trialists that we had what happened to them are they still there or has jb decided he needs players in other positions but im sure we will have 1 or 2 in before the end of august here's to a good season mon the well :lol: