Mirren Game

happyslappy

Wasn't enitrely surprised with the result, was never confident to begin with. We couldn't score in a barrell of fannys, Sutton is terrible in the air for being such a big lad, we are fuck all upfront without Porter. Klimpl was terrible today, and I think i'm the only person that hasn't been to impressed with him, would rather have someone like Pat Cregg from Falkrik.

McLean had a pretty solid game, Reynolds and Craigan were both dodgy and pretty poor. McGhee left the substitutions too late again, but people shouting "McGhee Fuck Off", "McGhee Out" is just crazy. I still believe him to be one of the best managers we've had in a good while, it only looks terrible as we had such a great season last term. Also, we really do miss Ross McCormack, we need more goals coming from the midfield.

Smith was also caught off his line with Saints 2nd, but take nothing away from Andy Dorman, what a cracking goal from a good player.

Some big changes needed for next season I think.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadful. Looked like we almost expected the points to come to us rather than go and get them.

That statement sums up our season from the first game of the season. Last year we were gifted space and we done the damage. Teams had started to aadjust to playing us at the tail end of last season and we thankfully managed to still find some space. This season we haven't created anywhere near the same number of chances and our midfield don't create enough or contribute enough on the goal front for us to think about the same rewards.

We needed to take today's game by the scruff of the neck and we failed to do it - Regardless of the official site being kind in their match report and saying that St Mirren scored against the run of play - did they fuck - they were always in it and looked more than dangerous any chance which they had.

So our whole season so far led up to today and what did we get. Garbage performance, garbage attendance, garbage pitch, garbage tactics, garbage attitude, just garbage basically.

McGhee in particular really needs to take a good look at himself tonight. Make a decision on McLean and Quinn for god sake! DON'T shift the whole team run to accommodate both of them.

What exactly was he doing? The whole shape of the team was WRONG from kick off and everyone could see it wasn't working by about 55 - 60 minutes and that's being generous. What happens next then? Nothing of course. As usual, when we are desperate for a chance nothing happened and then when it did come, far too late, it was the wrong changes - just like the last home game!

It was obvious for the start the players weren't comfortable and many of them were out of position.

Why, for instance, was Clarkson the most forward player almost all the time with Sutton playing behind him and not able to make up the ground when Clarkson was looking for someone to play it to?

Just not good enough.

Smith - 6 - Good stop in the first half but didn't look too clever at the opening goal

McLean - 6 - A centre back playing at right back, i.e proved nothing going forward

Craigan - 5 - First game back - and boy did it show!

Reynolds - 6 - Performance deteriorated along with the teams

Quinn - 6 - Did OK in unfamiliar position

O'Brien - 5 - Put in one good ball all day, lots of effort but his crossing was poor

Klimpl - 7 - Bit clumsy at times but bossed midfield

Hughes - 7 - Probably our best player today. MotM

Hammell - 6 - Hammell and Clarkson are our only reall offensive threat.

Sutton - 5 - Slow and apparently played out of position

Clarkson - 6 - Tried hard but was isolated most of the time

Murphy - 1 - Hasn't kicked a ball since October

Sheridan - 1 - The new Elliot?

Never mind, here's a wee tune to cheer you all up......... "Oh when the Saints" C.mon, join in. :(:(:(

Enjoy the moment friend. Cracking second goal. However looking at the bigger picture your team are dreadful. That you walk away with a 2-0 win shows how bad Motherwell were.

People have been saying St Mirren don't deserve to be where they are but you do. St Mirren are truely rubbish. Motherwell don't deserve to be in the top six because they can't beat a team like yours. It was like watching junior football. It's a Scottish Football thing. Hibs our rivals are equally poor. Aberdeen, rubbish, D Utd, hopeless.

I am not feeling any disappointment today. That Well can't make it into a top six in a league as bad as the SPL just makes me think that there are better things I can do with my Saturdays.

Never mind, here's a wee tune to cheer you all up......... "Oh when the Saints" C.mon, join in. :(:(:(

I'd be quite happy to take that smile off your face with relegating you on the last day of the season.....

Tactics were totally pish today. MMG said that we would take the game to them in the 1st 30 mins, getting the goals early. In order for that to happen he needs to play with 3 mobile players up front. Too often Clarky was on his own, with only St Mirren defenders in the box. Sutton is as mobile as a small planet. At 1 down, why didn't MMG throw things forward like Calderwood used to do. We had nothing to lose. As for Smith, yes he saved us in the 1st half, but his lack of confidence when commanding his box is costing us. I'd blame him for the goal today before the ball fell to Reynolds. There was no urgency or drive from the team today, only Clarky looked interested but he was trying too much because no-one else could be arsed.

Absolutely dreadful performcance today, i think the only player who got pass marks is Clarkson for his hard work but every time he or O'Brien had the ball there were 3 or 4 midden players round them. Quinn was absolutely diabolical. And as for talk of Hughes, Klimpl and Smith leaving? Let them.

Enjoy the moment friend. Cracking second goal. However looking at the bigger picture your team are dreadful. That you walk away with a 2-0 win shows how bad Motherwell were.

People have been saying St Mirren don't deserve to be where they are but you do. St Mirren are truely rubbish. Motherwell don't deserve to be in the top six because they can't beat a team like yours. It was like watching junior football. It's a Scottish Football thing. Hibs our rivals are equally poor. Aberdeen, rubbish, D Utd, hopeless.

I am not feeling any disappointment today. That Well can't make it into a top six in a league as bad as the SPL just makes me think that there are better things I can do with my Saturdays.

To be honest, while I don’t agree we’re rubbish this season, we have been the last two, manly due to a negative apporach from our manager. We have played, at times, pretty well (Pardon the pun) this season and if we had Sutton in our team we wouldn’t be where we are. We've beaten both the bigot brothers but, until today, we were in serious trouble.

I can’t really comment on your team, only seen them a few times, but you seem to play some reasonable stuff but can’t finish the game off.

Never mind, you can have a wee rest next week, we’re in the Scottish Cup semi final. :(:(:(

I'd be quite happy to take that smile off your face with relegating you on the last day of the season.....

Until today you could have been correct. We were in trouble, and could easily have went down. After your generosity, and nothings impossible, I think we're safe.

Anyway, playing you lot is another 3 points in the bag. :(:(:(

Have a nice evening, I will. :(:(

That result is a fucking embarrasment today. Win against a team that hasn't won in 2009 in the SPL and we quite predictably didn't turn up. In fact, we have bottled it in EVERY big game this year. Fucking useless shower that they are.

Fucking useless.

That result is a fucking embarrasment today. Win against a team that hasn't won in 2009 in the SPL and we quite predictably didn't turn up. In fact, we have bottled it in EVERY big game this year. Fucking useless shower that they are.

Fucking useless.

EXACTLY!! Big games - EVERY big game that fud McGhee mouths off utter pish to the press that just puts us under pressure.

Boil, I hope you enjoyed that today. 2000+ 'NEW' fans in and you want them to buy a Season Ticket after THAT!!

We fuck it up every time. Not good enough.

I think I'm realistic enough to know that we're not going to be great every season, we're Motherwell not Barcelona, I don't expect a team with the new Pele/Maradona/Cruyff/Matthews/whatever, I just want a team that actually give a shit. This lot just don't cut it...

Personally, even if I didn't live at the back of beyond that gutless bunch of wanks don't deserve 10p gate money from me.

No guts, no bottle, and very little skill/ability = very few fans in these last few games.

... and that pretty much sums it up for me. A few have pass marks in my book but there's a lot of wasted jerseys out there, players looking to play their way to a bigger club without realising that they'll actually have to bother their arse trying while they're here or players just happy to take a pay cheque.

Like I said, I don't expect world class talent in 'Well shirts but I expect a bit of effort, a bit of fight and a bit of backbone. These gutless wonders need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

I'd wager that Mutley was the only person in the ground who couldn't see from five minutes in that his starting positions were wrong and his persistance only made the problem worse (or perhaps he was just too stubborn to change it). Everyone could see that it wasn't going to work and to wait until 75 minutes to change it is ridiculous.

Fair play to the Midden, they achieved what they came here to do. They dragged us down to their level and it paid off. As per usual, we let ourselves down.

"Hibs only hope is that we bottle it.

"But if we beat St Mirren they won't be getting into the top six because I don't believe they'll beat Rangers.

"I've got absolutely no worries about the strength of my team's temperament.

"If we failed at any stage in the earlier part of the season then it was because we played poorly, not because our bottle crashed.

"You'd need to have a kind of arrogance about you in the first place if you were to run the risk of your bottle crashing..

"My players are too modest to be troubled by ego in that way.

They're only mortal beings and humans make mistakes from time to time.

"My team has nowhere to crash because they're too honest with themselves.

"They've already shown the strength of their minds by going 14 games with only two defeats while riding out all the injury problems we've suffered."

FAO Mr McGhee.

When you publically say all of the above, especially the bit about our closest rivals only hope being that we ourselves bottle it, then you BETTER win. Otherwise you end up with a face full of egg.

That is all.

Dodged this thread for as long enough I suppose.....sigh......

What a total and utter disappointment.

Thought we started slowly but worked our way into the game and dominated for a good 20-25 minute spell in the middle of the first half without ever really troubling Saints. Unfortunately that was as good as it really got and we could even have been behind were it not for Buzz's excellent stop from Dargo just on half-time.

Second half though the longer it went on, the more it looked as if we wouldn't score and it was crying out for a change for a bit of fresh impetus but it was too little, too late.

It was a questionable starting formation but I thought it had worked to an extent. Seemed to me that McGhee wanted to keep Dorman quiet which Quinn largely did while still offering something of a threat from left-mid from Hammell, but when he did change it, I felt he should have been a lot more bold. Given we routinely used to have three strikers on the park, and that we really had no option but to win this, I couldn't understand the initially conservative change of simply putting Quinn to right-midfield, Hammell to left-back and shifting O'Brien to the opposite wing.

We might have conceded another gift of goal but who knows what might have happened if we'd gone hell for leather.

It's frustrating that its bloody St Mirren who have shat in the nest again and I have to go into work and congratulate the two Buds again but more so that we've ballsed up what's been a right good opportunity.