Ict

steelboy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was intresting they played Micheal Fraser esph after he signed on a Pre Contract for us....

In the position Caley are in, they can't really afford to drop their best players for the sake of pride. Imagine where they'd be if they'd stopped playing Ian Black for signing a pre-contract with hearts?

ICT understandably poor away support.

i thought ict had a respectable away support tonight, probably double what i expected.

sheridan deserved his start tonight for his performance on saturday but he was nowhere near that level tonight. he wasn't the only one though, jamie murphy was very poor and the whole team looked far less interested than on saturday.

kilmpl came on and should have got booked straight away for a daft push on foran. if we can't trust the guy to screw the nut then why sign him. i don't know what the situation with the out of contract guys are but i'd rather keep hughes, buzz and mclean than splash out funds on maros.

anyway zero bookings - kazakstan here we come!

That's the worst friendly I've been to in ages. I've never been so bored at a Motherwell game in my puff.

Who cares about flattering a poor (even for ICT) visiting team when we can shite it from every tackle to make sure we get our game against The Woolpack XI or the Rovers Return Select? The team were obviously under instructions not to get booked and that's understandable given the circumstances but it still sticks in my craw.

That said, we've been gutless for most of the season, why change it now?

Just in. Been in the pub in lanark for the last hour as it was my last game of the season as i am playing bowls on the Kilmarnock game. I abused Imrie all game cos he shat him self at school as you may have heard. I also nearly got kicked out after 2 mins for starting a song about Ross Tokley for beating his wife.

That's the worst friendly I've been to in ages. I've never been so bored at a Motherwell game in my puff.

Who cares about flattering a poor (even for ICT) visiting team when we can shite it from every tackle to make sure we get our game against The Woolpack XI or the Rovers Return Select? The team were obviously under instructions not to get booked and that's understandable given the circumstances but it still sticks in my craw.

That said, we've been gutless for most of the season, why change it now?

so you'll be boycotting any and all european games next season?

Shite game, shite atmosphere, second half was so boring I resorted to playing games on my phone.

Really poor stuff, but that's what happens in the bottom six when its meaningless. Best part of the night is the sinking Buddies :lol:

so you'll be boycotting any and all european games next season?

Why would I do that? Unless you're suggesting we'll pull our punches in those games too. I don't think I'm out of order in expecting the team to try to win any game we play.

More like a pre season friendly tonight, but we did secure 7th spot and didn't pick up any cards either.

Probably deserved the draw. We had a fair bit of pressure but as so often this season couldn't convert that into chances. Poor defending and especially on our left side yet again cost us. The midfield was very lightweight until Klimpl came on and looked intimidated by ICT's aggression.

Buzz again had an erratic game but what was more worrying was that Michael Fraser did not look at all happy in the air. :lol:

Stephen Hughes had a poor game and I have to say looked largely disinterested.

No stand outs but Davie Clarkson put in a good shift as did Paul Quinn.

Worrying though that John Sutton & Davie Clarkson just don't look like a partnership.

We'll need to put out a strong team on Saturday as Accies will be fighting for their lives and will take no prisoners.

Worrying though that John Sutton & Davie Clarkson just don't look like a partnership.

Wasn't there so can't comment properly but I'm sure they said on the radio one set the other up for the 2nd goal and one came on as a subby. Doesn't seem like a bad return to me!

Last nights ball still bandaged up? Has it left casualty yet?

See the difference a good quality surface makes? Mark McGhee is correct, our players have to deal with a second touch that is a header. Our pitch was absolutely sodden Main Stand side, badly needed rolled elsewhere and seriously hampered any kind of free flowing football similar to Saturday with a similar team formation.

Happy to take a point after a poor second half showing and no bookings especially with Brother McDonald refereeing.

Our pitch was absolutely sodden Main Stand side, badly needed rolled elsewhere and seriously hampered any kind of free flowing football similar to Saturday with a similar team formation.

The Main Stand/POD Stand side has been sodden for months. The pitch was very bumpy, although it did seem to affect ICT less than us.

Hardly giving any pass marks. McLean and Smith had good games, so had Quinn for a change. How people consider Clarkson for MotM is beyond my understanding, but dont want to start that again.

Best last night was we got no booking.

As for the result: probably would both deserved, in fact I dont think we could have complained about a loss.

Just noticed the attendance for last night - less than 2,200!!

I wasn't there cause I was away with my work.

That is a poor show, but the club can't complain to much with it being a mid-week bottom 6 game. The fact that regualr gate pricess stood for last night was embarassing! Surely dropping the prices to £10 at least would have pulled in a thousand more or so - which would have been more money for the club if you take into account season tickets.

I wonder if the club will take last nights attendance (probably the lowest I've ever know for a competetive Motherwell game at Fir Park) and offer cheap gates for the Kilmarnock game, and try and attract a decent crowd for the final game of the season.

Just noticed the attendance for last night - less than 2,200!!

I wasn't there cause I was away with my work.

That is a poor show, but the club can't complain to much with it being a mid-week bottom 6 game. The fact that regualr gate pricess stood for last night was embarassing! Surely dropping the prices to £10 at least would have pulled in a thousand more or so - which would have been more money for the club if you take into account season tickets.

I wonder if the club will take last nights attendance (probably the lowest I've ever know for a competetive Motherwell game at Fir Park) and offer cheap gates for the Kilmarnock game, and try and attract a decent crowd for the final game of the season.

I agree with your point but the attendance was reported at the match as 2800 on the scoreboard (still pish but not 2200)

I don't know about the attendance rising by a thousand if the prices were reduced. I had 2 spare Season Tickets and couldn't give them away.

I can see why the club kept prices as they are, they would have lost money otherwise. They would have needed to double the PATG attendees to make the same amount of cash at the turnstile

Guest 'Flow

You've also got the problem that a reduction further reduces the value of the Season Ticket which isn't a good idea at all when you're trying to sell them for next season.

It's certainly a dilemma...

As Leeann has said on here - We've been too quick to jump in without thinking about our price reduction policy and hopefully it will be a fairer system for loyal season ticket holders who have already committed with their money.

'Flow

I know that last night, a lot of people I spoke to were unhappy about the price reductions which, as you say, was reducing the value of the season ticket.

Bit of a no win situation really for the club - going to either upset season ticket holders or face another low attendance.