The Green Green Grass Of Home

delboy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the foxes cant be much of a problem if they have done nothing about them.

I used to work for a private pest control business and i can tell you there are many ways to sort out a fox problem.

Foxes are filthy animals. Not only will they be pissing and shitting everywhere, they like to roll about rubbing there mange ridden bodies all over the ground and leaving there fleas and ticks.

I would of thought that badgers would be a bigger problem at fir park. The foxes around there are more of a urban sort of fox. They scavenge bins and streets for left overs etc. Badgers however are a lot shyer and love nothing more than digging for there grubs and worms etc.

Yes they scavenge and eat anything but a big patch of grass like fir park will be irresistible for mr badger.

If the wildlife is a problem for the groundsman he must be a very lazy grounds man. It is a really easy problem to solve.

after all the rain at least we got our game on look at the tannadice pitch. wonder if the SPL will have a go at them. Most pitches up and down the country are bad at the moment, just need to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks hope it dry's out

True.

How exactly do people expect it to look like in mid January?

Maybe the ground keeper needs to have a really stern word with the blades of grass over their insistence on abiding to the principles of photosynthesis.

It's not just how it looks, the drainage was replaced and was supposed to be able to cope with any amounts of water so what is wrong now? Said on the radio yesterday that the game was nearly called off because it was waterlogged. The rain really wasn't that bad and we will see a lot worse.

The rain wasn't that bad? It was pretty heavy and relentless for 12 hours. Drainage is fine but it needs the rain to go off first but playing on it won't have helped. Pitch is as good as I can remember it being in January and considering the kicking it took in November and December then that is some testament.

just see the pitch on the highlights there, utter pish! you can already see divots, i really hope the groundsmen get their fingers out or we're going to be the laughin stock of the spl once again, despite spending all of our money trying to rectify our pitch problems again last summer.

what happened to all the super duper elsatic bands that were making our pitch one of the the best in the country, or was that yet another lie :)?

how many other teams payed in the region of 500k to rectify the problems only about 7 months ago though, for the second year running...

and had a pitch that was perfect a few weeks ago and in that period it was not used, but again seems to have been destroyed damaged through routine maintenance

Quite shocked at the state of the pitch on Saturday vs our last home game (Hearts) - considering it took place after all the snow and shit it's some deterioration in a spell when it's not seen any action.

On the positive side - it doesn't seem to be ruffling up like a carpet just yet