Gannon And The Press

steelboy

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be long until he stops talking to your official website, too.

I love the man for what he did at Edgeley Park, but he's still making the same mistakes, and they are mistakes.

I don't like the media either, but while they aren't a proper part of the game they are part of the circus around the game, and they need handling. Even Alex Ferguson, who's famous for his grudges against certain organisations, still treats journos at press conferences like an audience there to be entertained. He knows how to keep them on his side, especially when it comes to transfers played through headlines.

A manager is the figurehead of a club, the face who gets apportioned success & faliure, and there's certain things that go with that job these days... whether you want it to or not. I really hoped he would have learnt that by now.

Even Alex Ferguson, who's famous for his grudges against certain organisations, still treats journos at press conferences like an audience there to be entertained.
That would be the same Alex Ferguson who went in the huff with the BBC (because they ran a true story about his son's dodgy dealings as an agent) and stopped speaking to them.

traynor has clearly spotted gannon is a bit volatile and is hoping that he'll take the bait and retaliate which will fill some column inches and airtime. hopefully gannon is smart enough to ignore him.

i don't see why he needs to slate scotland players and scottish fitba though. if miller ends up scoring against us on the 19th of december he'll look like a dick.

I thought the comment was aimed more at Iwelumo.

he said "centre forwards" and miller fucked up an open goal in the last game at hampden.

what's the point in moaning about how the press misrepresented him a few weeks ago and then giving them exactly what they need (again) to allow them to stir up more trouble. traynor's just a troublemaker and you can guarantee he'll be dieing to see if gannon responds so he can spin a bit more out of this story.

he said "centre forwards" and miller fucked up an open goal in the last game at hampden.

what's the point in moaning about how the press misrepresented him a few weeks ago and then giving them exactly what they need (again) to allow them to stir up more trouble. traynor's just a troublemaker and you can guarantee he'll be dieing to see if gannon responds so he can spin a bit more out of this story.

You're really trying hard to dislike oor Mr Gannon int'ye?

You're really trying hard to dislike oor Mr Gannon int'ye?

i don't dislike him i just don't think he's perfect like some other folk seem to. he's doing all the things you'd expect to be the most difficult parts of a being a manager really well but constant tinkering with the side is getting a bit annoying. we've got good players (because of him), they're well prepared (because of him) i don't see why he just can't let them go out and try to win the game themselves.

we've got a situation where he's fell out the press over something fairly run of the mill. he's then made some controversial comments in his programme notes which sky have asked him to elaborate on (name names) and now he's not talking to them. traynor's obviously spotted that he's a bit volatile now he's trying noise him up. he's not here to put scottish football to rights or joust with the media he's here to put a team out to win games (we've won 1 of our last 6).

also is there a legal requirement to tack on the phrase "if somebody had said to you after the llannelli game...." every time anybody discusses motherwell? when exactly are we suppossed to stop being grateful for not being falkirk and get back to normal. the team got booed off the park six weeks after phil's death yet it's taboo to point out how we can maybe improve just now.

i don't dislike him i just don't think he's perfect like some other folk seem to. he's doing all the things you'd expect to be the most difficult parts of a being a manager really well but constant tinkering with the side is getting a bit annoying. we've got good players (because of him), they're well prepared (because of him) i don't see why he just can't let them go out and try to win the game themselves.

we've got a situation where he's fell out the press over something fairly run of the mill. he's then made some controversial comments in his programme notes which sky have asked him to elaborate on (name names) and now he's not talking to them. traynor's obviously spotted that he's a bit volatile now he's trying noise him up. he's not here to put scottish football to rights or joust with the media he's here to put a team out to win games (we've won 1 of our last 6).

also is there a legal requirement to tack on the phrase "if somebody had said to you after the llannelli game...." every time anybody discusses motherwell? when exactly are we suppossed to stop being grateful for not being falkirk and get back to normal. the team got booed off the park six weeks after phil's death yet it's taboo to point out how we can maybe improve just now.

Reasonably put points, I'm not to bothered about the media stuff though. That said the last bit to me just suggest what a shower of c***s follow this team at times, fickle doesn't quite cover it. At risk of seeming contradictory though a run of one win in six does concern me a bit, I daresay if Gannon keeps getting more things right than wrong then we'll rack up a few more wins sooner or later but depsite not looking at any time like a world beating team I do think we've let slip points carelessly. There are no really good teams in this league and we are little worse than any so at this stage we should be a bit more in the mix at the top end.

Call that raised expectations, but I do expect over the longer course the teams with more depth to pull away. Get a few wins over the next few weeks and all will look wonderful but we do look at least as likely to slip backwards as move forwards just now, but that never really knowing what will happen is part of the experience.

I don't want to sound like a moaning-faced c**t, but people keep clinging onto this "We've only lost one game" patter, which is all well and good, but we haven't won many and- if you look at all the draws individually- the Celtic game is the only one that felt like a point won to me. All the others have felt like two points dropped, especially the three occasions we've finished the game up against ten men (missing penalties on two out of those three).

If we lose the next two games, which we are expected to, the wheels could be well and truly off the wagon and we could find ourselves scrambling about the wrong end of the league. And it won't be because of losing the next two games - it will be because of a plethora of stupid draws brought on by too much dicking about and an inability to kill teams off.

Obviously 1 win in 6 doesn't make for good reading and with the next 4 games coming up being against the best 4 teams in the league it really could be 1 win in 10!!!

All if's but's and maybes, who knows what will happen. Of course there is room or improvement in some areas , but on the whole this isn't bad going at all at the moment is it?