New Manager

fizoxy

That will be George Young out the picture all together then. He went for the job when McGhee left.

i would not be surprised if he left next. And by the way this is not a pop at Boyle just an observation

Who`s George Young? Pretty sure Gordon Young is happy + doing a great job wi the youngsters

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig Brown = great appointment.

Tons of experience, last manager to lead Scotland to a major finals, highly respected in the game, good tactically and has a strong network of contacts throughout Europe.

...Posh Spice is a slapper, she goes around the toon and when she's shagging Beckham, she thinks of Craigie Broon!

The biggest flaw in your argument is that NONE of our managers under Boyle have left to manage in either League 1 or the Championship.

Kampman left to go back to Finland

Davies sacked - became assistant manager at PNE

Black left due to administration - eventually became assistant manager at Coventry

Butcher - left to go Australia and now plying his trade in the First Division

Malpas sacked because he was pish

McGhee left for another SPL club

I would suggest that there is a problem with retaining managers. i dont know what the problem is but it would appear that leaveing for better things is not the reason.

The second biggest flaw in your agrument is that all of them were in charge for at least 2 seasons except Kampman-who Boyle didn't appoint and Malpas-no explanation needed. So if your asking for him to give the manager 2 years to get things done, he's been doing that all ready.

If you asked Butcher at the time I'm sure he would have thought he was moving onto bigger and better things, plus his time was coming to a natural end anyway, and McGhee thought the same thing in the summer.

Infact the team Butcher took over were Austrailian Champions and had got to final of their version of the Champions League had they not(not sure if they won that), so I'd say that probably is bigger and better things.

The second biggest flaw in your agrument is that all of them were in charge for at least 2 seasons except Kampman-who Boyle didn't appoint and Malpas-no explanation needed. So if your asking for him to give the manager 2 years to get things done, he's been doing that all ready.

If you asked Butcher at the time I'm sure he would have thought he was moving onto bigger and better things, plus his time was coming to a natural end anyway, and McGhee thought the same thing in the summer.

Infact the team Butcher took over were Australian Champions and had got to final of their version of the Champions League had they not(not sure if they won that), so I'd say that probably is bigger and better things.

Eric Black was in charge for less than a year also. So 4 out of 7 have had less than a year before either leaving or being sacked. And even if I take your point about Butcher then that's 1 out of 7 moved on to bigger and better (incidentally i dont agree with you on that). So your argument is flawed again.

The problem is retention of managers and thats my argument. If Boyle had done his research he would have known what Gannon was like and what would be required to allow him to produce the kind of results and performance that made him a legend at Stockport. But as they couldnt agree on what to spend the money on we will never know.

Who`s George Young? Pretty sure Gordon Young is happy + doing a great job wi the youngsters

Ach you know what I mean. The rumbling Im getting tonight is that he is not happy as he thought he was getting a chance to have a go at the first team. My mate is mate of his blah blah blah.

Eric Black was in charge for less than a year also. So 4 out of 7 have had less than a year before either leaving or being sacked. And even if I take your point about Butcher then that's 1 out of 7 moved on to bigger and better (incidentally i dont agree with you on that). So your argument is flawed again.

The problem is retention of managers and thats my argument. If Boyle had done his research he would have known what Gannon was like and what would be required to allow him to produce the kind of results and performance that made him a legend at Stockport. But as they couldnt agree on what to spend the money on we will never know.

Boyle didn't sack Black though, he quit so can't really blame Boyle for that.

We are never going to be able to keep good, ambitious managers for more than a year or 2 because if they are doing their job well we wont be able to hold onto them for long. That's not Boyle's fault either. All he can do in that circumstance is scam them for every penny they have, as he did to Aberdeen with McGhee.

Craig Brown = great appointment.

Tons of experience, last manager to lead Scotland to a major finals, highly respected in the game, good tactically and has a strong network of contacts throughout Europe.

...Posh Spice is a slapper, she goes around the toon and when she's shagging Beckham, she thinks of Craigie Broon!

What like McGhee?

Boyle didn't sack Black though, he quit so can't really blame Boyle for that.

We are never going to be able to keep good, ambitious managers for more than a year or 2 because if they are doing their job well we wont be able to hold onto them for long. That's not Boyle's fault either. All he can do in that circumstance is scam them for every penny they have, as he did to Aberdeen with McGhee.

Same tired argument which has already been disproved because other than McGhee we have received fuck all compensation for any of his managers. And as Ive already said our ambitious managers dont actually leave for better things do they.

Same tired argument which has already been disproved because other than McGhee we have received fuck all compensation for any of his managers. And as Ive already said our ambitious managers dont actually leave for better things do they.

Aye but the point is they all got at least 2 seasons at it which is what you are asking for.

Whether they moved onto bigger and better things doesn't really come into it, although 2 of them would say that they did.

Clearly, Burma, you have an issue with John Boyle and the way he has dealt with this situation. If the problem really was the fact that Boyle wanted to invest in Ruddy and Gannon thought that we could maybe get him on loan and sign a couple of other players, then maybe you have a point. But given that Ruddy had worked under Gannon prior to coming here and sacking Gannon would make it less likely for Ruddy to stay, I find it hard to believe that this is Boyle's plan.

If he really was trying to be that machiavellian, he would have bought Ruddy in the first week of January telling Gannon that yes of course that there was more money to spend. Then Gannon could walk or Boyle could let him go if Gannon found out that was not the case.

In short, if you think that Boyle sacked Gannon simply in order to buy Ruddy and sell him for profit later then you, sir, are off your head...

EDIT Bollocks, wrong thread...

Aye but the point is they all got at least 2 seasons at it which is what you are asking for.

Whether they moved onto bigger and better things doesn't really come into it, although 2 of them would say that they did.

No they didnt ALL get 2 seasons. Only 3 out of seven were here for two seasons and only 1 was here for more then that. Not sure I can be bothered repeating this again so I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some posts ago.

What Im looking for is some stability and 8 management teams in 11 years is NOT in any way shape or form stability. Brown is interim so doubtful he will be here long term so we are looking at 4 different management teams in the space of 1 year. Even the most optimistic Boyle fan must admit that this is NOT stability.

And by the way YOU were the one who claimed that we cant retain managers because they want to move on to bigger and better things. Apparently now it doesnt come into it.

Fuck sake even your arguments are unstable :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a name......

Hugh Dallas has one less person to battle with now that the prickly Jim Gannon has been shown the door at Motherwell. Having a fall out with the club captain after one game maybe should have set some alarm bells ringing but the constant fights with officialdom and rumours of players unrest has left John Boyle no option to sack Gannon and he will once gain have to look for a new coach and maybe one who won’t pick fights with all and sundry.

Could Willie McStay currently head coach at Ujpest FC in Hungary be willing to come home to Scotland and his family and finally take charge of a top flight team after years of successfully guiding the Celtic reserves to 8 league titles in a row. His short tenure in Hungary has seen him take Ujpest to the semi-finals of the Cup and to second in the league just three points behind leaders Videoton.

After living in the shadow of his brother Paul as a player Willie has built a solid reputation as a coach and has been successful in all of his posts so far. Before his time with the Celtic Reserves Willie led Sligo Rovers to a historic treble, when they won the 1993-94 First Division, First Division Shield and the FAI Cup.

With both Motherwell and Dundee United looking for new coaches will we see some new faces in the SPL or will it be more of the same and another round of managerial musical chairs.

Clearly, Burma, you have an issue with John Boyle and the way he has dealt with this situation. If the problem really was the fact that Boyle wanted to invest in Ruddy and Gannon thought that we could maybe get him on loan and sign a couple of other players, then maybe you have a point. But given that Ruddy had worked under Gannon prior to coming here and sacking Gannon would make it less likely for Ruddy to stay, I find it hard to believe that this is Boyle's plan.

If he really was trying to be that machiavellian, he would have bought Ruddy in the first week of January telling Gannon that yes of course that there was more money to spend. Then Gannon could walk or Boyle could let him go if Gannon found out that was not the case.

In short, if you think that Boyle sacked Gannon simply in order to buy Ruddy and sell him for profit later then you, sir, are off your head...

EDIT Bollocks, wrong thread...

Your fuckin right i have an issue with Boyle. This is the latest in a long line of incompetent

fuck ups on his part. I am royally hacked off with the stewardship of the club since Boyle bumbled his way in talking about the "NEW Motherwell" and then taking a club in the black deep into debt. I am not sure that Gannon was even sacked, I have a feeling that he walked. Anyway we will find out soon.

No they didnt ALL get 2 seasons. Only 3 out of seven were here for two seasons and only 1 was here for more then that. Not sure I can be bothered repeating this again so I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some posts ago.

What Im looking for is some stability and 8 management teams in 11 years is NOT in any way shape or form stability. Brown is interim so doubtful he will be here long term so we are looking at 4 different management teams in the space of 1 year. Even the most optimistic Boyle fan must admit that this is NOT stability.

burma your saying we have a problem retaining managers have you ever thought thats know all down to the club eric black left when we went into admin,butcher done a great job with us but his time had come to an end and it was best for a new manager to come in.malpas made a c**t of it and had to be sacked and then mcghee was desperate to get away from us so boyle done the right thing and got a good bit of compo for him.im sure theres more to the gannon departure than we know about but going on whats been mentioned so far then i dont think boyle had much choice other than get rid of him.

Your fuckin right i have an issue with Boyle. This is the latest in a long line of incompetent

fuck ups on his part. I am royally hacked off with the stewardship of the club since Boyle bumbled his way in talking about the "NEW Motherwell" and then taking a club in the black deep into debt. I am not sure that Gannon was even sacked, I have a feeling that he walked. Anyway we will find out soon.

Yes, and you've made that perfectly clear in every single post you've made tonight. Personally I reckon getting rid of a manager who was alienating everyone at the club and showing no commitment to the club without having to pay compensation does not constitute a fuck up.

Gannon had lost the players, in my opinion. Not just the senior players. No one escaped his criticism in his past two post match interviews. Whether he was right or not, you do not do this in public if you want the players to keep fighting for you. Unless you think we are able to ship out the full squad and bring in another one in the month of January, today Boyle made the right decision...

As for "we will find out soon". There are two sides to every story. But on previous evidence, we know that Gannon's story will exempt him from all blame...

Yes, and you've made that perfectly clear in every single post you've made tonight. Personally I reckon getting rid of a manager who was alienating everyone at the club and showing no commitment to the club without having to pay compensation does not constitute a fuck up.

Gannon had lost the players, in my opinion. Not just the senior players. No one escaped his criticism in his past two post match interviews. Whether he was right or not, you do not do this in public if you want the players to keep fighting for you. Unless you think we are able to ship out the full squad and bring in another one in the month of January, today Boyle made the right decision...

As for "we will find out soon". There are two sides to every story. But on previous evidence, we know that Gannon's story will exempt him from all blame...

#

Likewise we have heard Boyle's side of the story which has exempted him from any blame whatsoever. . If your suggesting that ALL the players were feeling alienated by Gannon then i would suggest that that is just a guess, as is most of my conjecture. However im sure you will automatically dismiss Gannons version of events regardless of his views and stick rigidly to Boyles propaganda machine.

Well if that works for you. I feel that we as motherwell fans desreve better stewardship of our club.

burma your saying we have a problem retaining managers have you ever thought thats know all down to the club eric black left when we went into admin,butcher done a great job with us but his time had come to an end and it was best for a new manager to come in.malpas made a c**t of it and had to be sacked and then mcghee was desperate to get away from us so boyle done the right thing and got a good bit of compo for him.im sure theres more to the gannon departure than we know about but going on whats been mentioned so far then i dont think boyle had much choice other than get rid of him.

That'll save me typing another response up.

Managers walking out on us is not Boyle's fault and there is pretty much fuck all we can do about it.