Ict Away: Re-scheduled For Mon 18th Jan (3rd Time)

Stuarty

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly ........... I was in Inverness today and the pitch looked in glorious condition - credit to ICTFC - and there is minimal snow/ice around the ground. Inverurie was in a far worse state :nod: in and around Harlaw Park.

. Common sense, obviously sadly lacking at HC, would be to have folks travelling on a Sat, many using public transport ---- rather than midweek mostly in cars post-match down the A9 late at night when it is less safe. So what fudd made this decision ? Picture some spotty faced bint fast-tracked thru the ranks to satisfy the sexist left, someone's who's never been a football fan

If I were MFC and ICTFC I'd be rather unchuffed with this. Both clubs will now lose a stack of cash as the eventual midweek gate will be substantially less than would have been this Saturday.

If Teuchter OB stand by this philosophy of theirs then this game could struggle to be played by the end of March ............... Q a toss of coin scenario :doh:

PRIX

Is that you big man, or has Richard Littlejohn stolen your password? :D

Better safe than sorry. The weather and temperatures we have just now are extraordinary, even for your part of the world.

Is that you big man, or has Richard Littlejohn stolen your password? :nod:

Better safe than sorry. The weather and temperatures we have just now are extraordinary, even for your part of the world.

Fekk all wrong with the weather on Moray/Beauly Firths... a wee tad chilly overnight, and some pavements could do with gritting, but believe me I witnessed absolutely no reason for this game to be cancelled today. :doh:

We'll still be going, albeit down to 4 of us. Pics of park and surrounding areas will be posted on Monday!!!

I had a feeling this would be off as Health and Safety in all walks of life are going to fuck up the whole country. Makes you wonder how mankind have survived up till now!!!!!!!!!

Hey Pie, any recomendations for pub with live footie?

Johnny Foxes for Sat night entertainment looks good

Albie

Disappointed but not surprised. The weather is so volatile that encouraging folk to drive up the A9 would be mental. I think the police have been over protective in some cases recently but given the road (and I know somebody who had to go from Perth to Inverness via Fort William taking seven hours on Tuesday) and the determination of football fans to see their team especially in the cup they got this one bang on.

What I would like the SFA to do is to cancel the league card on 23rd and play the cup games then which would mean all the wee teams get their day in the sun and bigger pay day and the league games could be moved to a night fixture where the decrease in crowd would not be so dramatic.

What I would like the SFA to do is to cancel the league card on 23rd and play the cup games then which would mean all the wee teams get their day in the sun and bigger pay day and the league games could be moved to a night fixture where the decrease in crowd would not be so dramatic.

Good shout ............ the Cup does take priority over league games. However, this seems like common sense so don't hold yer breath.

Albie, for Inverness pubs you'd be better asking GazzyB, Shaka, Mwellhighland or Gaag.

Bus booked, Hotel booked, overnight in Snekkie wi a few mates on the swally. :doh:

Aye, the hotel can be cancelled but I'm not forfieting the bus fare. We've planned this since the Hibs game and it's not too often we can get together. Pissed off the games off but this is an exact replica of what happened in Inverurie.

Well fans on tour...............Game on or off???

To watch the footie,Id reccommend Smith + Jones or Lauders, Lauders is more of a dodgy old mans pub bt decent craic n Smith+Jones is like an upmarket Spoons

Thanks. Maybe try one of them. Does that Sports Bar next to the Peonix still exist? There was a bit of trouble in the last time though but the guy who owns it seemed a decent lad. I think it may be Dino's or something like that.

Work, school, tesco, braehead, gigs, cinemas, bingo..... don't require a polis presence who are responsible for the safety of all fans travelling to and at the game.

There is probably far more people in Braehead on a saturday afternoon than there will be going to this game, so why do we let the police have such a big say?

I'm not saying it makes sense to drive to Inverness given the conditions, playing devils advocate to an extent. However it does appear that the authorities think people are smart enough to make there own mind whether they want to do something, except footbll fans.

If the tefal heids are insisting no let up in the arctic conditions for at least 2 weeks then don't count on this game being played until then and then some, especially mid-week. This could now surpass Inverurie big-time :nod: Councils have run out of salt and supplies that do arrive will be prioritsed and guess where on the list of priorities the surrounding area of a football ground out on the peninsula at the edge of an industrial estate will be :doh:

btw .... Most folks on ICTFC site agree this is an awful decision.

Thanks. Maybe try one of them. Does that Sports Bar next to the Peonix still exist? There was a bit of trouble in the last time though but the guy who owns it seemed a decent lad. I think it may be Dino's or something like that.

Deenos is decent as well,it was closed for a while but i think its open again, thats the best bet if open.

And for Finlay, if the game on tues is off,the next game will be a week tues. (thats whats been confirmed for the team hotel booking @ Drumossie!)

Deenos is decent as well,it was closed for a while but i think its open again, thats the best bet if open.

And for Finlay, if the game on tues is off,the next game will be a week tues. (thats whats been confirmed for the team hotel booking @ Drumossie!)

Cheers Shaka. That is insider info!! :doh:

Bus booked, Hotel booked, overnight in Snekkie wi a few mates on the swally. :lol:

Aye, the hotel can be cancelled but I'm not forfieting the bus fare. We've planned this since the Hibs game and it's not too often we can get together. Pissed off the games off but this is an exact replica of what happened in Inverurie.

Well fans on tour...............Game on or off???

Whit bus you on? Fancy a beer? :O