January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suttons best work is done inside the penalty box where he can go and attack cross balls.so having another winger on board who can put crosses in is a good idea.i remember teale destroyed us a few years ago playing for ayr.i think it would be a good signing if it comes off

would be delighted to see Gary teale arrive but hope that he is a bonus signing off of ports move to derby! Mcghee said he had folk waiting by the phone so would hope we could get one or two more in, a midfielder and another forward to provide more options, having klimpl and Malcolm and stretch coming back I wouldn't want to see us waste part of the budget on defence until the end of the season think we are well covered at the back! Left mid and a gow or a killen on loan,

Personally don't think we need Teale if the rumours are true. Would rather we got ourselves another striker as I think we will struggle for goals without the big man around. Clarkson isn't an out an out goalscorer and Sutton looks to be well off the pace after a decent start. If he could find that form consistently then we should be OK but seems to be a confidence footballer in my view. That said, I think Teale definitely has the quality to do a job at Motherwell.

As with every signing I hope he would do well if he does join us.

Rightly or wrongly he has this reputation of being shite so I would hope he would get a fair crack of the whip.

I think he's done well to get where he did in the game - getting up into the English Premier League with Wigan and to accumulate the caps he did for Scotland. He's obviously got something about him to be recognised and get that far - especially having never played for one of the Old Firm and having the media talk him up.

He played the "Marc Fitzpatrick" role for Scotland and I'm wondering if that's perhaps influencing some folks perceptions.

We'll see what happens.

Gary Teale would be a fine signing.

Was never quite international class and only seemed to be included in Scotland squads because he was our only real out-and-out winger, but he's still a great wee player that would be a fantastic SPL signing.

I will be very surprised if we manage to sign Gary Teale, he has been playing out of his skin since Nigel Clough took over and started playing him on the left wing, he had a solid game against Coventry yesterday setting up Derby's 2 goals. Nigel Clough might just want to keep hold of him and with Chris Porter signed he will supply some decent crosses for the bigman to fill his boots.

Cant see us signing him but hope we do.

Gary Teale......was never quite international class and only seemed to be included in Scotland squads because he was our only real out-and-out winger, but he's still a great wee player that would be a fantastic SPL signing.

I don't know much about him but from what I've read this morning this seems to be a reasonable view of him. From what I can gather his detractors are mainly basing their opinions on international appearances, which is unrealistic. Whilst it would be nice to bring someone of true international calibre to Fir Park on loan, I'll be more modest in my expectations and settle for someone of a high SPL standard.

Teale and A.N.Other striker (Killen on loan?) would do me!!

He is away to Norwich on loan till the end of the season.

I'm sure Mark McGhee will pull another striker out the bag before 5pm tomorrow evening. Would be good to get Webster signed up also to give us more cover at the back!

I'm sure Mark McGhee will pull another striker out the bag before 5pm tomorrow evening. Would be good to get Webster signed up also to give us more cover at the back!

I'm sure the Webster deals dead, i think they wanted a fee for him even though he was going to be loaned.

Is that the deadline? Thought it was extended to Monday Midnight like last time, as weekends aren't 'business' days.

Granted, we have a Game tommorow but Leitch I can take the team for that game surely?