Tomorrow's Draw

Infamous Wee Grafter

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ålesund is a port of call for passenger and freight vessels travelling between Bergen, Kingston upon Hull, Newcastle, Hamburg, and Trondheim, including the Hurtigruta (Norwegian Coastal Express) cruise ships, which arrive in Ålesund twice a day.

The city's airport, Ålesund Airport, Vigra, has several daily flights to/from Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim and Copenhagen.

It also has three weekly flights to/from Riga (Riga International Airport) (AirBaltic).

Ferry maybe best?

Nobody thought about doing a top gear and just driving the long way round via the channel tunnel, Denmark, the big bridge over to Sweden and then round from there.... Wonder how much that would cost in petrol? (I'm being half serious here btw! )

1,951 mi – about 1 day 11 hours (without stops!)

Could be pricey.... :lol:

The Hurtigruta could be one interesting method from Bergen. You could also get a ferry from Newcastle - Bergen and drive from there¨. According to google maps its a 7 hour drive, but that includes 2 ferries which will break the journey up and let you stretch your legs a bit.

Over the moon with Norway, but a bit disappointed with the location since I am in Stavanger 26th-28th for some training. All being said, that assumes I dont get the call to go offshore on the platform that sailed 2 days ago from Rotterdam to be lifted on.

Bus wise I would say its about 7hrs from Bergen by bus, which would make a 12 hr journey with 5 ferry trips form Stavanger.

Pretty sure I met some of their supporters in a bar in Haugesund, Norway about 3 years ago. a 12 hour bus journey for a Cup tie sticks in my mind from talking to them.

Drink wise - yes its expensive. Stock up on spirits, beer and wine in Duty free (you can buy in on the way in to the country rather than at this end) and stay away from the local beer - its utter pisswater. I was gettin a litre of 50 proof vodka for 130 Krone last time I was working there 3 years ago.

A google translation of a post from their boards

"To underestimate the Motherwell or Breidablikk I do not think we should tell us worthy to do!

But a very good draw for us it is absolute. Very exciting with a Scottish team if they fix the beef against Breidablikk, but quite possible for us to advance. Something does not Molde going to do ...

Now I think the Scots dances around in panties resolve kilts when they got us in a possibly third round too ... do not think we scare anyone out there in europe ....... yet!"

We need to fix the beef against Breidablik, then we're dances around in panties resolve kilts. Nae bother. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One to bear in mind with flights - If you got one of your party with a RBS royalties account, have them book it for you. It will guarentee your entire party admission to the Servisair Lounges in any UK airport.

Or you can just use your KLM Flying Blue Petroleum card since Stavanger is a qualifying airport anyways.