Tomorrow's Draw

Infamous Wee Grafter

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello motherwellfans!

First I want to welcome you to Norway and Ålesund. I feel certain that you will knock out Breidablink this week. I hope I don't jinx you by saying this :lol:

Some of you seem to be afraid of the artifical grass that we have on our stadium. If you have technical players that likes to pass the ball around it should not be a problem. Stabæk played Valencia at home on similar surface two years ago and was outplayed! Artifical grass leaves less to chance. If you are used to play hoofball you could have a problem. But my impression is that you don't.

And the pitch is legal. Remember that England lost the playoff to russia in the European cup on artifical grass.

Good luck in Iceland!

And about Kjetil Rekdals temper. Last year he reached an all time high in that respect. After the game against SK Brann he was very annoyed with former Leeds player Eirik Bakke because he claimed that one of the ålesundplayers was diving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikJ7SvEG_qg

I translate from 9 seconds of the clip:

Rekdal: You dont have to say that he is diving when he doesnt, so shut up

Bakke: Heey

Rekdal: Shut up and get lost. Look at the tv and shut up. Go away, I cant be bothered to talk to you.

Bakke: Bla bla ( I cant hear what he is saying)

Rekdal: Go away, you are an alcoholic. (drinking movement with his hand) Go and drink some more now.

Bakke now lose his temper and runs towards Rekdal, and they stare at each other for some seconds.

After being removed Bakke screams on the way out: "Fat pig". Rekdal replies: yeah yeah...

Wow...suddenly I was allowed to post in here ! :ph34r:

Hope it is ok that we as Aafk fans are posting in your forum.

Motherwell will for sure be our opponent on CLS 29/07. I do not think Breidablik can beat as they where unable to get an away goal in the first match in Scotland.

I have no idea how a meeting between our teams will be. I see some of you are judging the norway premiere league by Rosenborgs performance in the champion league qualification. Well...check again tonight as I am sure they will give Linfield quite a beating in todays game in Trondheim.. :nod:

Aafk does not as you have discovered play a possession type of game. But the long satelite high passes to our 204cm tall striker is not something we see in our best games either. Quick forward orientated passes on the flanks and massive attacking in the box is what we eager to achieve.

I am sure Motherwell are a physical and strong side with good basics in the individual players. But I am not sure how fast the paste of your games are. It will be interesting to see, and I will be surprised if you are able to outplay us.

Aalesund is a beautiful city. Hope as many of you as possible are able to take the trip over. Bring money, clothes for all seasons and a fishing rod.. :D

Friendly people that really knows how to drink beer, sing and yell. I am sure you can't beat us on that, can you...? :P

Wow...suddenly I was allowed to post in here ! :ph34r:

We are hijacking their forum :nod:

I see you`re not sure how to get to Ålesund.

I think it might be cheaper to fly to Oslo, and then from there to Ålesund. I just came from Oslo and t/r with "Norwegian". I payd NOK 1280,- in total.

A second possibility is bus. Apr NOK 1200,- Oslo- Ålesund- Oslo.

I think the AaFK supporter club will charter a plane to Motherwell. I would check out that possibility. Might be about the same price and you wont have to waste a lot of time.

They have done that several times before, and I think they chartered 3 planes to Stavanger at one occation.

Anyway, good luck against Breidablik.

Welcome to the forum Aalesund fans. Opposition fans are welcome on here, particularly our European opponents.

Good relationships have been established with the fans all the teams we've played in Europe in the last couple of years who have visited our forum - with the exception of some mad Albanian individual who was promptly shut up when we beat his team 8-1 :P I'm sure it will be no different with you guys.

Thanks for the advice on travel and the information about your team and players.

Fingers crossed many 'Well fans will be able to make use of it if we beat Breidablik on Thursday night.

More - once we know for sure we're in the next round!

Welcome to the forum Aalesund fans. Opposition fans are welcome on here, particularly our European opponents.

Good relationships have been established with the fans all the teams we've played in Europe in the last couple of years who have visited our forum - with the exception of some mad Albanian individual who was promptly shut up when we beat his team 8-1 :P I'm sure it will be no different with you guys.

Thanks for the advice on travel and the information about your team and players.

Fingers crossed many 'Well fans will be able to make use of it if we beat Breidablik on Thursday night.

More - once we know for sure we're in the next round!

Hehe. I will be very surprised if Motherwell outplay us. The key for us is to win with a clean sheet on CLS. Hopefully 2-0. Thats a good score for us. Not saying it will be easy though. I am also a fan of Tranmere. Do Steve Jennings play regularily for Motherwell?

In Aalesund we are expecting that Motherwell will proceed against Breidablik. Everything else would come as a shock. but not to be rude, it's not the opponent that makes people wanna see the game. It's just the thought of playing in Europe for the first time, and for Aalesund FK this a historical match that people don't wanna miss.

Other teams in Norway only got 1000 and 2000 on their homematch in 2.round of Europa League. So we got a very faithful and fanatic audience ^_^

A full house or near it would be tremendous considering the size of your town - is it about 45,000? This would be similar to our first game in Europe for 13 years when we sold 11500 tickets for the game against Nancy two years ago. Now we are used to being in Europe so less fans see it as a big deal :P .

Also I was in Norway last summer for the Scotland game in Olso - we went to see a local team - Skeid (we though it was AMAZING it is pronounced 'SHITE' in English!!) We were shocked at the poor attendance though in what was a lovely big stadium in a big City - I guess everywhere has its problems of fans only supporting the bigger teams. Anyway - loved the team, they had Arild Stavrum as their Manager and he was great - he came down to the pub all the Scottish fans who had bought tickets for the game were drinking in and had a pint with us BEFORE the game!! :P:O

Maybe why they lost...and he was then sacked...

:nod:

Legend, and the hospitality in Oslo and at Bisslet for the game was outstanding - love how you can go out to the local boozers for a pint at half time!!

Altogether now - SA SA SA BRA BRA BRA SKEID SKEID SKEID!!!

(still have no idea what that means :P !)

Well Skeid is just one amongst several clubs in Oslo. Vålerenga is the best and most popular one, and the only one with decent attendance. Skeid is known as a club that delivers quite a few talents for bigger clubs.

In Aalesund we are filling the stadium in almost every game we play, and I am sure it will be packed on our first Euro match. And yes, we are about 45000 in our community but people also comes from the areas surrounding our town to watch the team.

(BRA means GOOD...SA means uhhhh..nothing I guess :P )

I am sorry that I cannot travel to Aalesund (should we get through 2moro) as it looks like a cracking place, very picturesque. Going to Reykjavik and cannot afford the time off work so close together.

So my message to Aalesund fans is that you are NOT allowed to beat us (if we get through.....) as I will be able to make it the glamour play off round..

Well Skeid is just one amongst several clubs in Oslo. Vålerenga is the best and most popular one, and the only one with decent attendance. Skeid is known as a club that delivers quite a few talents for bigger clubs.

In Aalesund we are filling the stadium in almost every game we play, and I am sure it will be packed on our first Euro match. And yes, we are about 45000 in our community but people also comes from the areas surrounding our town to watch the team.

(BRA means GOOD...SA means uhhhh..nothing I guess ^_^ )

Cheers!! The local guys said the chant doesnt translate as it is just nonsense really - now I know why!!!

Still can;t believe their manager came for beers with us before the game!!'