Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be funny laughing at Motherwell89 if it was only well fans on here but the fact that some of the Norwegians are reading his comments just makes this embarrasing.

I repeat what has been said before, PLEASE IGNORE Motherwell89.

I think most of us on planet earth think this should be a well contested European tie.

The build up on the Beeb should be an interesting read for Motherwell89 (and anyone else who has forgotten about MyPa-47

The hope is that Scottish teams have learned that it is foolish to underestimate supposedly "inferior" opposition in European matches.

Throughout the decades of Continental competition, there has been a tendency in Scotland to dismiss the more obscure teams too readily, our ignorance of what lies beyond our shores compounding an inflated sense of self.

But that notion of "wha's like us" has taken many dents - such as when Aberdeen lost to Latvians Skonto Riga and Dundee United to Tatran Presov in 1994, or when Rangers were humbled in 2002 by Czech side Viktoria Zizkov and Celtic were thrashed by Artmedia Bratislava in 2005.

Motherwell, for their part, have previous in this regard, too.

Finnish outfit MyPa-47 put them out of the Uefa Cup in 1995 at the first hurdle, leaving only the most ardent claret and amber fans to claim they had been eliminated by one of the competition's big names - Myllykosken Pallo -47. . . . . . . . . . . etc

No one has forgotten thum. Its called supporting your team, you don't go into games thinking "OH MAYBE WE WILL GET A GOOD 2-1 LOSE" If that's your attitude why would you even go to the games if you don't think you can get a result! You should go into every game with a positive attitude and no matter what the result is come away from it with as many positives as possible. SPL attendances are so so low... no wonder why.. their is no longer any expectation or belief in any of the clubs.

There are loads of folks who just don't take part in the prediction game - and I'd wager even the ones who realistically look at the game and think - "it would be good to bring the game back to Fir Park with anything up to a one goal deficit" will still get behind the team from the very start. We all will FFS.

Folk don't like mentalist youthful over cocky predictions as we've been in that movie way too many times.

We're all 100% behind the well - just keeping a lid on it - so that we don't look like tools if it goes pete tong.

Realism beats mentalism all the time mate

No one has forgotten thum. Its called supporting your team, you don't go into games thinking "OH MAYBE WE WILL GET A GOOD 2-1 LOSE" If that's your attitude why would you even go to the games if you don't think you can get a result! You should go into every game with a positive attitude and no matter what the result is come away from it with as many positives as possible. SPL attendances are so so low... no wonder why.. their is no longer any expectation or belief in any of the clubs.

A 2-1 loss perhaps?

I think going into games (especially european one's) everybody should be taking a realistic approach. Saying we are going to cruise past a team that you clearly know very little about is just stupid. I'm all for a positive attitude but in a realistic manner. A realistic approach makes for a better feeling when results come unexcpectantly such as Flumatari at home last year.

Its not "mentalism" to think you can beat a team :P Its realistic.

Why can't we beat them?, give one good reason why we shouldn't be confident!?

We have the players, we have the manager, all we need now is confidence and belief.

I was referring to the way that you were doing it. Loads of us think we can do it - we just don't behave like a pillock in the process and post like you have that we're going to fuckin tank them.

How many folk have said to you about toning it down a wee bit so you don't look like a dick?

If we end up getting tanked folk will be hunting you down for jinxing us :D

Its not "mentalism" to think you can beat a team :P Its realistic.

Why can't we beat them?, give one good reason why we shouldn't be confident!?

We have the players, we have the manager, all we need now is confidence and belief.

Your really not getting this :D

By all means think you can beat a team if you have evidence to show that they are not as good as yours but your complete dismissal of a team you know little/nothing about just shows your ignorance and lack of maturity.

Here is an example of a realistic approach: -

From what has been said by Motherwell89 throughout this thread, it would be realistic to expect that it may yet be a few years before their first pubic hair breaks through.

haha ;)

I never said we would tank them though.. :O

Just that I believe we will win !!!

The quotes from their site where they all seem to agree that aafk will win comfortably :P

@Jimmo

Personal insults is really mature, yes :D , you dont get it, even if we are playing MAN U, i would still believe we can win, 11 players against 11 players anything can happen and I choice to believe in the the well.

Right I am going to put this to bed now.

We will hammer them, 8-0 after all we'll have Esteban playing for us by then :P

Seriously though if we come back with a chance of getting through that will do me. Preferably with an away goal or two.

Motherwell89, i can't believe how you're going on about this game! Aalesund will be far far superior opposition to Breidablik, Flamurtari and Llanelli were, and I don't think for one second that this is going to be an easy game. All you have to do is look at the depth of quality, at international level as well, in their team. Not to mention the fact that they are mid season in a league that is probably on a similar level to the SPL. We lose to Falkirk, St Mirren, Killie etc. fairly regularly, so what makes you think this is going to be any easier?

I think we'll get a result at home, but I think the best we can hope for away from home is a draw or nabbing an away goal with a 1 goal loss. If we get either of those then I think we're in a decent position for the return leg.

But unfortunately my head a 1-0 loss over there and a 2-1 win at home, with the inevitable away goals exit.

Gaag, how can you make such predictions about a team you know nothing about :)

And I DONT CARE WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE!

Breidablik, Falkirk, Real Madrid, Man U, Liverpool, we will take them all.

Cause we are the well. And that's all that matters! We will win, lose or draw.. but I refuse to go into any game with the attitude of settling for a small defeat. Sure if you set your heights higher you have a bigger fall, at least you have a chance. But if you set them to low you won't get any-ware and submit to defeat before it even begins.

Gaag, how can you make such predictions about a team you know nothing about :)

And I DONT CARE WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE!

Breidablik, Falkirk, Real Madrid, Man U, Liverpool, we will take them all.

Cause we are the well. And that's all that matters! We will win, lose or draw.. but I refuse to go into any game with the attitude of settling for a small defeat. Sure if you set your heights higher you have a bigger fall, at least you have a chance. But if you set them to low you won't get any-ware and submit to defeat before it even begins.

On yersel pal, your enthusiasm should be admired not scalded. At the worst you'll look a little silly IF we get beat -so what - some folk make themselves look like complete tits on this board and it didn't stop them posting shite.

None of us know how the next 2 games will pan out, we can look at the other teams squad, average crowd or whatever useless stat folk want to analyse. The truth is, this game is difficult to predict. In the meantime, whilst paying the opposition a healthy dose of respect, as fans we've got to be optimistic else theres no point in us turning up.

Motherwell has more experience in Europe than AaFK. I`ve seen it again and again that things like that matters. And you have allready had good results against Breidablik.

This is our first, and some of our players do have international experience on their nationals, but its not the same.

I just hope we dont let you go home with any away goals on thursday. I`m quite sure it will be very difficult to win away against Motherwell, so we have to get a decent result home to ride on.

Anyway, I think its fun to see a bunch of friendly supporters in Motherwell :)