Aalesund Fk Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Cheryl Cole

2. Stevie Jennings on a 6"9 Forward :woop: mon wee man. :thumbup:

I am surprised that Steve Jennings play regularily for you. The supporters did not like him at Tranmere. And that was level 3 in England. He must have taken giant steps since then, but I find it hard to believe.

From what the Tranmere fans have said on here he was quite well though of down there. He has a slow start to last season but that was down to the manager at that point not being too keen on him and him looking a bit unfit. As the season went on he found a great level and was one of the first names on the team sheet.

I am surprised that Steve Jennings play regularily for you. The supporters did not like him at Tranmere. And that was level 3 in England. He must have taken giant steps since then, but I find it hard to believe.

I wasn't impressed with him when he first arrived and he was in and out of the team. Then he stepped his game up and has been an amazing player for us...one of the first names on the team sheet

I wasn't impressed with him when he first arrived and he was in and out of the team. Then he stepped his game up and has been an amazing player for us...one of the first names on the team sheet

Alright then :evilgrin:

I am a Tranmerefan myself. And I remember that many were critical. Some liked him too of course. Supporters arent the best judges of players anyway. We will see over the 2 games :(

Good luck tonight:)

From what I can read from the local newspaper (www.smp.no) it seems as both teams fans are having a good time. The atmosphere is going to be electric tonight (I hope)!

Motherwell FC looks to me like a club with great supporters, and that is something I will carry with me for years to come.

I might even adopt MFC as my "second" team :woop:

Some info about AaFK and the town of Ålesund:

The Greater Ålesund area has a population of around 60k, and here's a picture: http://files.myopera.com/severinsadjina/al...71/aalesund.jpg

The club played on it's old stadium called "Kråmyra" until october 2004, and here's a video of both AaFK and the town.. (it takes some time before the music starts)

At 0:53 you can see old "Kråmyra" (a true sight to behold).

The club was (temporarily) allowed to play on Kråmyra in the top league until the new stadium was built.

You had to drive up a mountain to get there, and I can't even describe the atmosphere.... It was truly great, and still holds a special place in every AaFK fans' heart.

But times moved on, and now we have a facility which holds around 11000 when it's packed.

All the years since it was built the stadium is almost sold out every single game.. No other club in Norway can come close to the same level of interest about football as Aalesund FK has. And it doesn't even seem to stop. Now we are in Europe, playing against you guys!

We have love for the game, and that's why many of the away teams fans enjoy coming to Aalesund matches. We always welcome other fans (with exception of Molde FK).

Some images of the old stadium:

http://www.aafk.no/upload_images/F4205EF7C...88EB2CE0532.jpg

http://www.stadionsiden.com/index.asp?stadium_id=66

The new Color Line Stadium:

http://www.toppfotball.no/aimages/Color_Li...558_485x324.jpg

Good luck tonight, and have a cold one :whistling:

Not sure if THIS has been posted yet but seemed a well-thought out piece - unusual for the Scottish media.

Aye, Alistair Lamont is actually not a bad journo. :whistling: No reason for the smiley other than the fact that I liked it :woop:

Just mentioned that article in the TV thread. Why is there no coverage if BBC Scotland are in Norway though. For them to write an article? Could they not have nicked it off the website instead, wouldn't be the first time!.

Yeah but at least they have a journo in Norway and a TV crew which is more than they had in Flamurtari.

Just saw on the beeb website that their goalie is being lined up as van der sar's replacement at ManUre. Anders Lindegaaard. Still think we'll sneak an away goal though.