Craig Brown And Co

AndyRoss

I must admit for the first time ever last season I was beggining to lose enthusiasm for football but ever since that sober night at Tynie in December - I've been loving the fitba again!

These guys have been a breath of fresh air and I think we now go into every game thinking we have a good chance of coming out with a result.

We're not even into September and have three European trips, 3 points on the board in the league and plenty of reason to believe we can have a right good season.

Last night was sore, get used to it because that's what happens when you support this mob - but let's be honest we wouldn't have it any other way.

Craig, Archie and everyone involved with MFC - Thank you!!

I never liked Brown or Knox and I was disappointed when they got the job. However in the 8 months or so that they have been at FP I have totally changed my opinion. I have massive respect for what they have achieved so far and I now believe that the future is bright the future is Brown <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wallbash.gif" alt=":wallbash:">:thumbup:

I did doubt their appointment when the announcement was made but like everyone else, I have to admit they are perfect for the job and probably the best we could have done - well done to Mr Boyle (again) for seeing beyond the usual SPL shite managers that do the rounds.

Read the report of how the 70 year old threw the punch last night :thumbup:<_>

Mr Brown and Mr Knox are proper football Legends <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wallbash.gif" alt=":wallbash:">

Brown and Knox have been great for motherwell, :notworthy: great bit of business by john Boyle getting them onboard. They are respected by the press, fellow managers and coaches not just in Scotland but in Europe as well, they get respect from the dressing room so all told it can only be good for the club.

We will make the leap forward in Europe one day, hopefully before i am too old to enjoy the trip :evilgrin:

I hope we can now build on the Euro campaign this year and have another good season, and another shot at the Europa league next year.

This time last year I was thinking the same thing about Jim Gannon. I was not at all inspired when the two were appointed and was expecting a team of 35 year + has been journey men making up our team now.

Have been very pleasantly surprised but being ultra critical I don't think they have made the impact McGhee made on his arrival at the club. I think the real test will be how strong the club is in a years time.

Have been very pleasantly surprised but being ultra critical I don't think they have made the impact McGhee made on his arrival at the club. I think the real test will be how strong the club is in a years time.

While I agree withe second part of this paragraph, you have to remember that McGhee came in at a low point and therefore had much more room for making an improvement. When Brown and Knox arrived, things were in danger of sliding a bit given the unrest behind the scenes but they inherited a Motherwell team probably inhabiting its rightful place in Scottish football and helped to drag it up the league a wee bit and give it a bit of stability.

Without a management team with so much experience and tactical knowledge, we wouldn't have given Odense such a fright and might not even have got past Aalesunds...

Couldn't agree more. From the Hearts game onwards everything was just..better. From having men on the posts to chucking Steve McGarry on for a run out before he left. Cracking interviews and now smacking danish folk.

Fair play to you both, long may it continue.

This thread is also a breath of fresh air after the ones over the past couple of days. The defeat hurt but look at us being al miffed cause we didn't make the group stages...............aren't we just on a whole new level now. it hurt, but rather be here than biting the fingernails hoping we don't get relegated.

Sure there are flaws and things that could be better but for our circumstances I think we are a great wee team and as for CB and AK....they just reek of class. i think they are the perfect leaders for a club in our position. Just the way it is but i think we are basically having a new team each year and CB and AK, IMHO, know exactly how to bring on the young players.

Well maybe if I can win the mega lottery over here i can inject a wee bit of cash to hold a team together for a few seasons. ( Suppose i best start buying tickets then ) I don't think we so much need money to go buy players as much as we need money to keep players.

Craig, Archie and everyone involved with MFC - Thank you!!

Couldn't agree more Andy, Delighted that at least one thread hasn't lost the plot

massive strides forward in many areas of the club,

unfortunately due to other factors sometimes it looks like we are staying still in some areas or even regressing in a few BUT, I dread to think where we would have been languishing if difficult decisions in many areas had not been taken.

its not about 'whats been' or 'what could have been if' its all about 'what is' , and we are very lucky to be where we are

Look about at 'our' competition, most of their predicaments fill me with fear, sadly much of that is what is holding everyone back..

To all at MFC a big thank you for what we have received and lets hope we can keep it together and maintain our status.

PS would it be too greedy to hope for just a little bit more :nod:

Good post Andy.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more. Setting one's targets high is what life is all about.

For years getting Top-6 was pay-day for many of us. In the last 3 years we've been spoiled. It won't always be like that ......................... but lets savour what has been achieved, especially when bigger fish in our little pond look at us with very jealous eyes. :nod: