389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

I suppose what the likes of Clarke might offer is a bit of hunger to put the experience that they've gained as assistants down south into practice. I think the point I was trying to make is that someone who's only known top flight football might not quite have the wherewithal to unearth a few lower-league gems (as Gannon did).

Ultimately we need someone who can do both...and that's the sticking point!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen Eddie Howe mentioned earlier in the thread which would be a great shout... stumbling blocks would be a) he has a job already so would need to pay compo and b) probably on the radar for any championship / premiership vacancies that arise so wouldn't move to the SPL.

Got to assume it'll be someone without a job... Phil Brown!

It's going to be Walter Smith at the end of the season, when he quits Ibrox. Remember he said only a few weeks ago that Rangers might not necessarily be his last managemnet job. Heard a rumour that Brown and Knox had told Walter of their intention several weeks ago in the pension queue at the post office. :whistling:

My suggestion of Csaba Laszlo won't happen then. Been a manager in Belgium for the last 3 months. Shame.

If pushed to select from the names aleady quoted I would probbaly go for John Collins. Wee bit concerned it could go the same way as Jim Gannon's tenure though.

We're an SPL Club on a 3 year Euro run, and 5th in the table with a cup semi-final to look forward to, which will mean an abundance of interested parties.

Why restrict our horizons to a bunch of Scottish wannabees and hazbeens ? Loan deals and Bosmans, in addition to our youth policy will furnish the team so we need someone with widespread contacts.

Why not bring in an Agent assisted by a quality coach. I'd therefore go for Kevin Drinkell and Mr Motivator :thumbup:

I would like to see luc niholt lets be honest he has always wanted the job . :blink:

So has my mate Sanny, and he'd probably do just as good a job as Nijholt, being 73, blind in one eye, and more fond of Banana Rum than anything else.

Let's talk about folk with a decent pedigree and a CV, not ex-players that fancy a payday just because they're ex-players.

Spent a fair bit of time up here, been chucked from Chelsea and has something to prove. Could be worth a punt.

Anyone that's not willing to work for a packet of space raiders and half a pint of cider every week should be discounted.

Former Motherwell skipper Chris McCart has emerged as a shock contender for the Fir Park managerial vacancy caused by Craig Brown’s departure to Aberdeen.

McCart is currently head of youth at Celtic, but is understood to have growing support within the Fir Park board room.

He skippered the Steelmen to Scottish Cup glory and in his role as youth chief with the Lanarkshire club was responsible for moulding current first-team stars Jamie Murphy, Mark Reynolds and Steven Saunders.

It is believed that McCart’s name will be added to the shortlist due to be drawn up by chairman John Boyle over the next few days.

However, the 43 year-old will face stiff competition for the Well managerial vacancy with ex-St Mirren gaffer Gus MacPherson, former Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood and one-time Chelsea No.2 Stevie Clarke all linked with the position.

And it is understood that ex-Hibs manager John Collins, in tandem with Tommy Craig, is also in the frame..................................from Glasgow Evening Times

Former Motherwell skipper Chris McCart has emerged as a shock contender for the Fir Park managerial vacancy caused by Craig Brown’s departure to Aberdeen.

McCart is currently head of youth at Celtic, but is understood to have growing support within the Fir Park board room.

He skippered the Steelmen to Scottish Cup glory and in his role as youth chief with the Lanarkshire club was responsible for moulding current first-team stars Jamie Murphy, Mark Reynolds and Steven Saunders.

It is believed that McCart’s name will be added to the shortlist due to be drawn up by chairman John Boyle over the next few days.

However, the 43 year-old will face stiff competition for the Well managerial vacancy with ex-St Mirren gaffer Gus MacPherson, former Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood and one-time Chelsea No.2 Stevie Clarke all linked with the position.

And it is understood that ex-Hibs manager John Collins, in tandem with Tommy Craig, is also in the frame..................................from Glasgow Evening Times

Apart from Gus McPherson I would be happy with any of them.