389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to pick my favourites and to be honest I dont think its much to choose from

Gaag and Adams stick out.

Ive never really got the Nijholt puppy love, Obviously I can understand him being seen a legend but that was before my time and therefore before any player in the current squads time... I doubt his legend would impress them much - I'm open minded enough to be told I'm wrong?

Steve Clarke mentioned in the paper and on the Beeb. Wouldn't be against that, but I'd doubt we could afford him. Or his signing ambitions, presumably.

I can't quite fathom out the attraction of Steve Clarke. On the plus side he's worked in the English Premier League but so what? What has he achieved on his own? He's used to working with extremely expensive players - a luxury never afforded to even Neil Lennon or Walter Smith. I'd rather go for a manager who knew his way aound the lower leagues in England, but someone a wee bit more stable than Jim Gannon.

Definitely not McGhee........

He cost our club a million pounds. He said like 'Brown' that he would stay if the board match his ambitions and that was a decision that made Reynolds not move to Rangers.

I like Reynolds but I'd rather have done without, and got the million quid in and I feel that JB was forced into this by McGhee, only for McGhee to be off in a years time, and we all know what happened re Rangers.

Think about it, a million quid into our club.......

Definitely not McGhee........

He cost our club a million pounds. He said like 'Brown' that he would stay if the board match his ambitions and that was a decision that made Reynolds not move to Rangers.

I like Reynolds but I'd rather have done without, and got the million quid in and I feel that JB was forced into this by McGhee, only for McGhee to be off in a years time, and we all know what happened re Rangers.

Think about it, a million quid into our club.......

You really believe Rangers were offering us a Million quid? Is your big white bearded pal coming down your chimney in a couple of weeks tae?

I was watching Jimmy Calderwood on Sportsscene results last night and he was asked a direct question if he was interested in the job at motherwell, he could not have been more evasive or cagey with his reply, he never said he was not interested. Is a return to management for the 2 jimmy's on the cards ?? :whistling: But being serious his record is not too bad, lots of experience, used to working with linited budgets, good contacts in the UK and Europe, he might be worth a try. :nod:

But being serious his record is not too bad, lots of experience, used to working with linited budgets, good contacts in the UK and Europe, he might be worth a try. :whistling:

Don't know about that. His playing budget at East End Park was one of the largest for a provincial club and the Pars gained some success only after other clubs like us cut back. At Pittodrie, his budget was way above anything we had at Fir Park.

Steve Clarke mentioned in the paper and on the Beeb. Wouldn't be against that, but I'd doubt we could afford him. Or his signing ambitions, presumably.

I never understand this signing ambitions point. All success is relative, if the only way you can win is by spending more money than your competition then you need to go to Real Madrid not Motherwell. We have a budget that is about average for the league (and for my money the best value squad with not much money going to wasters). If you do better than average, get in the top 6, that is success. We are only two games from a cup final win too.

If you are a "big name" like Steve Clarke come to Motherwell and show people you can manage and that you can spot a player. I would happily take a big compo payment from a championship side in two years.