389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be pretty delighted with McCart tbh.

I'm wary of McCart. He is undoubtedly the man when it come to the youth ranks. What do we know of his tactical ability, leadership qualities, transfer market savvy etc.

I'm not saying no yet.

Just want to make a wee note that Collins seems to be the fans favourite. I know more people have checked the Someone else box but that could be anyone, so the people those intend that vote for probably arent as popular as Collins

I'm wary of McCart. He is undoubtedly the man when it come to the youth ranks. What do we know of his tactical ability, leadership qualities, transfer market savvy etc.

I'm not saying no yet.

Just want to make a wee note that Collins seems to be the fans favourite. I know more people have checked the Someone else box but that could be anyone, so the people those intend that vote for probably arent as popular as Collins

I don't think McCart or Collins are the right people for us. I have faith that JB will choose carefully and correctly, probably somebody that nobody has touted. I would still love big Mitchell back at FP.

I'm not saying no yet.

Aye, but to be honest, we'll be taking that risk with a number of candidates. Everyone has their foibles. Brown's perceived weakness being his fear of opening up too much, McGhee seemed unable to change games that were going awry. Collins is perceived to be an unsettling influence, Hughes is perceived as being a diddy. What we've seen this season though, is how those can change. I'd have put my house on Killie going down with Mixu in charge, now they're playing pretty good football and picking up points.

From a Motherwell perspective, the minimum I'd ask is that the manager can get the players to perform as best they can and as a unit. You can see in the league how something so simple can propel a team up the league and for me, McCart would be able to get the best out of the Motherwell players.

Aye, as soon as Lennon got the bullet, he'd be touted for the Celtic job, but I can live with it. Its always going to be the way that Motherwell players and management are going to move on if they perform well. Moving to a bigger club doesn't bother me as long as the club is treated with respect. I can't grudge people moving up in the world to bigger things if they deserve it.

Fucking off to Aberdeen, that bothers me.

I would be glad with McCart apart from the whole Slane situation ive always had respect for the guy. But i feel sorry for Steve Clarke linked to like every job! if he's interested then aye nae bother!

As long as it's not Gus, Dodds and Chisholm or John Collins

pfffftttt

i think mccart will be the right man 4 the job as i kinow that all the players respected him so highly some of them told me( mchugh and murphy that they would run through a brick wall for chris remember he also finished runner up in the u19s league losing out to celtic on the last day

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Chris sutton. Currently without a club after leaving Lincoln did not a bad job there.

Sinky funny you say that a guy in my work said John Hartson and a good partner would be worth a punt!

I trust JB in this matter and cant wait to see who we get. Whoever it is will get my 100% backing and I hope Broony has a heghog jobby soon.

MON THE WELL :nod:

"McCart is not interested in a managerial role anywhere. Spoken to him at length on this subject and he was not for swaying".

If he does come can he say about your conversation?

"I don't want to add fuel to the fire but what I will say quite honestly is my conscience is totally clear,".

"If anyone accuses me of a lack of honour or integrity I would immediately take issue with that because it's absolute nonsense. I'm allowed to change my mind.

:lol:

Is he not a reserve team coach at man united and also would he leave such a good position and also probz good money to come to us.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has just left Man Utd to take over at Molde so I don't see why McClair wouldn't do the same! Don't know if I would fancy that appointment tho, very inexperienced managerial wise and would require a strong number 2!