Scottish Fitba

Bop

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another quote from one of the delgados- this time big Hendy- "You can sprinkle chocolate on a shite, though it's still a shite".

My opinion is that it is TV that has ruined Scottish football. Bigotry is the next factor and the number of teams in the top league is even less relevant.

I have a mate, now near Sheffield, who takes a great interest in the club. On Saturdays, when I am normally at YYT watching bands, he gives me regular text updates. At the moment, he's far more interested in the club than I am.

But he didn't take the trouble to travel down to Llanelli, approximately half the distance from Lanarkshire, as the game was on S4C. I was really, really angry with both the Nancy tie and Gannon's first game at Airdrie, so I was desperate that we got through the first Euro tie in 2009. But it wasn't a big deal for Jim- as he'd rather "spend the disposable income on a few swallies down the pub".

Remember when Channel 4 started showing Italian football on a Sunday and what a relevation that was? Now, we can see almost any meaningful game on the planet, either on TV or streamed online.

I don't have Asia's equivalent of Sky; ESPN/Star Sports, as I cannot justify the expense versus my travel committments. But, I do understand those who do as over the season, it does offer value for money over the complete season.

Sadly, I cannot offer any tangible solutions. TV money from Asia will make the EPL and English leagues more powerful in future; fact. That it is easy for talented Scottish players to go south, due to language and culture is also fact.

I do think that a league without the Old Filth would be an improvement, though would the clubs have the bottle to implement it. Hopefully just one more media comment from Lennon may tip the balance in their favour..... :unsure:

Finally, too lazy to get the exact quote, though I have to disagree with the poster who stated that the Championship is full of shite clubs. But, hey, the internet is just the internet, isn't it.....?

SD

Cant believe after all the mouthing off from club managers and chairmen from at least 4 or 5 teams, they have today voted through the 10 team SPL.

Unfuckingbelievable!!!

They are not just happy with killing off Scottish football for good but they all want a chance at fucking the corpse :D:O

Anybody thinking - Doncaster, Mange-rs, Smelltic and a couple of their lap dugs - Hibs, Hearts, Sheep etc. wait for the rest to sit doon.

Right this is how it is. Sky telly, The big two and their armchair brigade, plus their lap dugs don't really care who they play outwith the 4 OF games so if yer no' with us - we'll break away and invite - Dunfermline, Falkirk, Dundee etc to join us in a 10.

Whaddyas think now?

Eh - OK Mr Doncaster we're right behind you.

Thing is steve remember Motherwell agreed to it at first. Then due to all the grief the Well fans were giving JB changed to make it look like we were never for it

I doubt Hearts would have went for it and Dundee UTd wouldnt, if JB was right we wouldnt have went for it.

But yeah the 1st division teams would defo have went for it!

fucking sick of this shite league and this embaressing league no wonder were a laughing stock. I have english mate in here but has lived in Scotland since he was 2 and doesnt have a scottish team cause he knows its a farce

just read the updated page, they have agreed to have more detailed plans drawn up not really agreed we will have 10 teams

Broad support was given to progressing a 10-team Premiership and a 12-team Championship at the top of a pyramid for Scottish football as the preferred option. "The SPL clubs have asked the executive team to further develop aspects of these proposals and to update the Strategic Review Group's report."

So reading that are they just going to waste more time and money on writing reports?

Reading it, it will be...

Premiership

Championship

Scottish Football League Division 1 (region name?)

Scottish Football League Division 2 (region name?)

Something quite familiar about those names.

This will be for next season if agreed, won't it?

Season 2012-13 I believe.

Utterly, utterly, disgraceful.