Scottish Fitba

Bop

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw FFS what a diabolical disgrace. They ignore the fan who attends the games at their peril. They argue that this is what the TV companies want but what happens next time at renewal when Sky/ESPN say here is our new offer which is 25% less because the product is crap as their are no fans/atmosphere in the stadium(happenned in Italy I believe)?

I had thought there were some sensible chairmen out there who were listening to the fans but as ever they have obviously been bought off by a few more crumbs from the Sky/ESPN/Old Firm table.

Thats me gone. Im 16 I spend my own money going to games, travelling to away games and we get treated like this. It'll be the rugby for me as I'm keen on both and try to juggle both and at least that sport in Scotland has some integrity!

And me!! I've been picking and choosing my games for a while now, as every time I go, I feel it wasn't worth the admission price.

Unfortunately, the only way our opinions will be heard is when attendances drop even further, and it will be the Clubs we love that suffer. However, it was the financial incompetents in charge of these Clubs that voted for this nonsense!!

Would the last person to leave Scottish fitba please turn out the lights :wallbash:

They don't give a fu*k what us fans want, why should they we're only the daft bastards paying money to sit watching shite, and it always will be shite as long as these pricks are in charge.

And why do we have to follow the English format, why can we not have Scottish Div.1&2 I'll tell ye us fans are going to have to make ourselves heard.

Best decision ever!

Everyone is complaining about the poor, por teams. Now here is money coming in and people dont want it!

I am all in it!

Surely they have consulted all clubs, TV Companies, etc.

I do get all your points, but I simply think the propesed 2-10(12)-tier league is the way to go to generate money.

My honest opinion is that people/supportes will accept the change. 3000 Suporters will def come to Fir Park, I am pretty sure. Hardcore Fans will still go, so will Seasonticket holders. Its ok to be "againat change", its typical for people to be against change, but we will adapt.

Youu are obviously in the know. How much more money are we getting?

As I said many off times, esp after this weekends game: No money= no improvement and the standard will be worse than we saw over the weekend. How much money, I dont know, but since the team officials are backing the new system, I would assume its more than expected, otherwise its hard to believe why they choose to go flat against the supprters.

You dont have to accept it, but money rules the world/game of football, but i guess you have to go along with it, if you know what I mean.

Apart from that, its my opinion, nothing more nothing less and to be honest, I dont expect anyone to follow my thoughts.

The fact they're going for the a "Premiership" and "Championship" just shows how they're trying to desperately emulate England, :wallbash: , when they should be coming up with somethin more imaginative and interesting, something a bit wacky even.

To be fair however, if the clubs can vote for (a) more money, less teams or (b) less money, more teams, they have their hands tied by their financial state.

And finally, I really don't think there'll be that noticable a difference.. Basically, accies and st mirren games will be replaced, the OF still dominate, samesame.

And I'll still go... just cause it's the fitba team I support.

Best decision ever!

Everyone is complaining about the poor, por teams. Now here is money coming in and people dont want it!

I am all in it!

Surely they have consulted all clubs, TV Companies, etc.

I do get all your points, but I simply think the propesed 2-10(12)-tier league is the way to go to generate money.

My honest opinion is that people/supportes will accept the change. 3000 Suporters will def come to Fir Park, I am pretty sure. Hardcore Fans will still go, so will Seasonticket holders. Its ok to be "againat change", its typical for people to be against change, but we will adapt.

The primary concern is providing entertaining football - not getting money from Sky.

And Sky are only interested in giving away old firm fans a baw hum - otherwise like in EPL we'd see the best games every week not whatever half empty pish away from home the OF are playing.

This whole thing stinks like an East Stand wife beater

Game over indeed

finer details still to follow , but nothing can be said to change my opinion

the vast majority of pay at the gate and season ticket holding fans in Scottish football have indicated they are against a top ten team league

but all the chairmen in the SPL have basically said that those very same fans have no valid opinion

we have all known for some time that we are being treated like sh1te but we put up with it and continue to pay over the odds at the same time, in support of our club.

but this is no longer about showing support for a group of eleven players, or being part of a club, this is now about recognising that we are each and everyone of us being taken for mugs

the game is being run by lunatics in Scotland, this whole debacle has forced the hand of many and made me look at my spend on football, crowds dropped drastically when they first aired this mess, I expect them to drop further in the coming weeks, people are waking up

I'll save a thousand quid or more ditching the football, maybe I should be thanking them for it

Would be good to see the entire proposal that has actually been put to the clubs. As the 10 team SPL is just one of a broad range of changes that were mooted as being required.

Some parts will suits others etc. etc. But the Turkeys had no intention in voting for Christmas.

It would also be good to get the official line from the club to see what their take on it all is, and see how they justify that this decision is what is best for Motherwell Football Club.

Boycott Fir Park this weekend.

Fuck this sense of loyalty. It's exactly this feeling which Chairmen are taking advantage of. They assume fans will follow like sheep regardless of whatever set-up the league takes. They are taking us for a ride, but we're not mugs. We are being ignored but we CAN do something about it, it's just a case of the fans standing up for ourselves and showing the fat cats that it's OUR game, and that we wont simply go along with any decision which they deem to be in the interests of our club.

If all they care about is money, let's hit them where it hurts. The ball is in our court.

But the Turkeys had no intention in voting for Christmas.

Three of the current SPL teams could drop into the championship ( <_ two will definitely>

seems the Turkeys are looking forward to Christmas , wonder how much they sold their souls for

So the fans say "we want to see a 14/16/18 team league. Pretty much anything that isn't 12, and especially not 10"

SPL says"nah. f3ck you. we want 10 and we dont give a toss what you think." stick two fingers up and do what they want.

well. I say f3ck it. time for me to save my money. this is my last season (since I have my book anyway). travelling / admission/ food. this will save me about a grand a year too.

I've not read the last few pages so apologies if I'm repeating anyone.

I am actually scunnered by this. I can't believe the vast, vast majority of Scottish football fans are being completely shafted like this if (and it's still an "if", although admittedly it's now closer to being a "when") this goes through.

There seems to be a scale here - on one end of the scale is "More Money, Not What The Fans Want", and on the other end is "Less Money, What The Fans Want". We're not stupid (well, not all of us!) we as football supporters know that clubs need money to survive and will always be keen to make as much as possible, but am I the only one who can't fathom why the new league has to be at the complete end of the scale that fans don't want? The status quo, 12 teams with modifications and a 14 team league are all in the middle of the scale somewhere - why have these been completely overlooked?

Well, I ask why but we already know the answer. Greed. Pure and utter greed.

We're actually at a point where the Scottish football fan is being completely fucked over because clubs can't, or won't, look after their finances properly. Grow a set and deal with your finances instead of screwing over the paying customer in order to full your coffers.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if this comes into effect I'm done. For me, being a 'Well fan isn't about blindly following like a sheep and greeting shite like this with a simple roll of the eyes and a "what can you do?" sigh. Not only will a 10 team league be completely shite, repetative and a complete waste of money, but if (and I reinforce the "if" again) Motherwell Football Club are compliant, completely ignoring the feelings and opinions of 95% of their support, then I view that as a betrayal of your ordinary 'Well fan.

If Motherwell vote against the 10 team league then my faith will be restored somewhat that we do actually still matter to "our" club. If they vote for the 10 team league then they should never, ever claim to be a "community club" again, nor should they insult us by trying to claim they give two fucks about the supporters.

On a side note, just when we thought these arseholes couldn't lack any more creativity when it comes to revamping Scottish football, the names banded about are the "Premiership" and the "Championship". How original. Absolutely embarrassing.

Also, Neil Doncaster is a fucking tard who looks like a speccy lesbian.

why is 10 team SPL better now when it was said to be detrimental to Scottish football last time it was tried? Has this ever been explained or are they just ignoring the fact that attendances were falling and we had very few young Scots in our teams. What will the difference be apart from as couple of play off games?

More meaningful games! With 10 teams in one league, virtually every game is important, where as in 1 14 team league, everyone sinmply has to concentrate on the Old Firm as usual, or does anyone think that Sky will show Dunfermline vs Ross County for example?

I know that some will say, teams will be even more scared, but I dont think they will. Teams have to play to win, with at least 1 team being relegated and 2 going into a Playoff.

I also like the idea of the pyramid system!