Stuart Mccall Assistant

El Grew

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To continue the theme of 'c***s you hated when they played for the h**s', how about Derek Johnstone as youth team coach and Terry Hurlock as chief scout.

FFS ........

I'm not against it because of any dislike of Kenny Black. What I am against is the fact that we've got an inexperienced manager with no track record of success. I had hoped the assistant might have backed him up with a bit of tangible experience or a miniscule amount of previous success at something.

I'll happily eat my own bollocks in the centre circle of Fir Park if the 'fouling h*n twins' turn out to be a succesful management duo. I won't be reaching for the condiments any time soon though....

I'm not against it because of any dislike of Kenny Black. What I am against is the fact that we've got an inexperienced manager with no track record of success. I had hoped the assistant might have backed him up with a bit of tangible experience or a miniscule amount of previous success at something.

Pretty much my own thoughts. Its neither here nor there to me whether he was at Airdrie United or not. The main thing is whether he does the business for us. A bit of a strange appointment.

To all those on the forum who no doubt would have found fault with a Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho dream team........ Can I just remind you that MFC has no money!!!

Please adjust your expectations accordingly.

Oh and your comments about Black are no better than some of the rubbish we expect from the ok'd firm. Really, a lot of our support are an embarrassment.

Cant say im over the moon with Kenny Black as an assistant. He was a hacking 'b' as a player. Left us after 5 mins when we got relegated in the mid 80's. Left Airdrie when he got them relegated about 5 years ago. Was surprised to see him involved with Scotland and i suppose we have to get behind McCall and Clark but cant help thinking is a far inferior management team than Brown and Knox. Can see the preassure building if we dont get some decent players in during the window and a couple of victories on the board starting with saturday against one of the poorest Hibs teams in recent years. So J.B'S made his bed so to speak and we just have to see how it goes...I'd be lying if i said i was confident about all this mind you. :blink:

Maybe I should post this in the Help forum as my browser seems to have redirected to a celtic message board or at least with all the whinging and dredging up ancient history thats what it seems like. Get a grip FFS.

What anyone did/didn't do previously is irrelevant just for arguments sake supposing Kenny Dalglish and Martin O Neil came as our management team and brought Alex Ferguson to the club to help out, all 3 ex Old Firm men but what they don't know about football is probably not worth knowing, would people still moan like hell and keeping with the theme Dermott Desmond wants to invest £10m into the club but again he's a celtic man.

See just how ridiculous this could get.

Stuart Mc Call and Kenny Black are the management team at MFC and I for one will back them 100% and judge them only on our results.

Welcome to the club Kenny.

To all those on the forum who no doubt would have found fault with a Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho dream team........ Can I just remind you that MFC has no money!!!

Please adjust your expectations accordingly.

Oh and your comments about Black are no better than some of the rubbish we expect from the ok'd firm. Really, a lot of our support are an embarrassment.

I couldn't agree more.

When are we going to get some news from the club that is going to give us just a tinge of excitement. Players are shipping out and our managerial appointments have both left a sense of disappointment amongst a reasonable portion of the support.

I commend the people who are being positive but when the best argument for being positive is 'you have to accept that we have no money' it is a worrying day.

If this is the best we can get for the money the club has then fine, but having no money suggests that Kenny Black may not be the next big thing in football management so for people to voice their disappointment over the appointment, I don't see anything wrong with.

The point about history I don't really go for either. I think it is important, the history a player has. If the bone of contention is that he is a Protestant (or Catholic in other cases) then comparisions with the OF are justifiable but if the contention is that we have just appointed a hatchet man who historically is known for playing anti-football then again people have the right to be non to jazzed about the guys history. As a fan I want to have a sense of pride and affinity with the guys I turn up and support.

In reality he will probably be no better or worse than the last however many No 2's (Scott Leitch, Maurice Malpas, Heggarty etc) but the difference this time is that a strong No 2 appointment seems to be more critical given the lack of previous success and experience of our main man.

Maybe I should post this in the Help forum as my browser seems to have redirected to a celtic message board or at least with all the whinging and dredging up ancient history thats what it seems like. Get a grip FFS.

What anyone did/didn't do previously is irrelevant just for arguments sake supposing Kenny Dalglish and Martin O Neil came as our management team and brought Alex Ferguson to the club to help out, all 3 ex Old Firm men but what they don't know about football is probably not worth knowing, would people still moan like hell and keeping with the theme Dermott Desmond wants to invest £10m into the club but again he's a celtic man.

See just how ridiculous this could get.

Stuart Mc Call and Kenny Black are the management team at MFC and I for one will back them 100% and judge them only on our results.

Welcome to the club Kenny.

I think to suggest what someone has or hasn't done previously is irrelevant is indeed ridiculous. It quite obviously plays a part in the decision making process.

McCall clearly sees something in Kenny Black from his past experience or from the advice of others who have that makes him believe he will be a good assistant.

That is fair enough and when all's said and done ofcourse I wish Kenny Black all the best and hope that he, McCall and ultimately Motherwell prosper and I'm fairly sure that goes without saying for all of the above who have been likened to Old Firm fans or classed an an embrassment. However I don't think it unreasonable for folk to express any concerns they may have about his appointment.

In reality he will probably be no better or worse than the last however many No 2's (Scott Leitch, Maurice Malpas, Heggarty etc) but the difference this time is that a strong No 2 appointment seems to be more critical given the lack of previous success and experience of our main man.

Exactly and who have we brought in? a chump who got Airdrie relegated and who has a howler of a pro record in management. Cant help but get that sinking feeling,probably the worst/weakest managenent team since MoMal + Heggy and we all know how well that worked.

I think to suggest what someone has or hasn't done previously is irrelevant is indeed ridiculous. It quite obviously plays a part in the decision making process.

McCall clearly sees something in Kenny Black from his past experience or from the advice of others who have that makes him believe he will be a good assistant.

That is fair enough and when all's said and done ofcourse I wish Kenny Black all the best and hope that he, McCall and ultimately Motherwell prosper and I'm fairly sure that goes without saying for all of the above who have been likened to Old Firm fans or classed an an embrassment. However I don't think it unreasonable for folk to express any concerns they may have about his appointment.

I agree its not unreasonable for folk to express any concerns they may have about his appointment, however to express those concerns based solely on the mans previous employers is narrow minded and in itself a form of prejudice and bigotry.

If the concern is based on his performance at those previous employer and perceived lack of ability thats fair enough but he needs to be given a chance to prove his critics wrong.

I don't give a shit who he played for i just remeber watching him as a player & thinking he's a fucking animal. I can imagine the advice he'll be giving players "yeah if the guy gets by you just elbow him in the face". When are they gonna tell us it's all just a big joke so we can laugh along with everyone else who's laughing at us.

And for people to say he's in the Scotland set up just take a look at who the Scotland manager is. He thinks Gary Kenneth's a player so do you honestly think he can spot a good coach?

I can imagine the advice he'll be giving players "yeah if the guy gets by you just elbow him in the face".

Without taking it as far as that we could be doing with a bit of that just now.

We have been a soft touch for far too long now. Need to toughen some of the guys up a bit and get the lot of them a lot more street wise.

Without taking it as far as that we could be doing with a bit of that just now.

We have been a soft touch for far too long now. Need to toughen some of the guys up a bit and get the lot of them a lot more street wise.

I'd agree with that we seem happy to let everyone kick fuck out of us week in week out time to dish it out a bit.