We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

Two strange occurrences tonight in our favour if the SPL delegate wis watching and listening closely.

1 - Opposing goalie being roundly applauded for his bye kick taking technique

2 - Dougie McDonald receiving similar applause for only giving Klimpls a ticking off instead of booking him.

We are Fair Play Champions elect we are :D:lol:

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 - Opposing goalie being roundly applauded for his bye kick taking technique

Well not the best of starts to his 'Well career, if we were to criticise Fraser, as currently it seems he could and probably will be our number 1 next season. In saying that, not like us 'Well fans to hold back from criticising our own players :lol:

Cameras don't show it, apparently more Hibs fans on the pitch than the two eventually banned by Hearts, hence, 15 persons ejected. Has it gone unnoticed by the match observer?

Overheard Gerry Collins at half time last night (could have been the observer) stating to some agent type that there were 11 fouls in the first half, with ten being from Inverness against our one. Laughing at the ideal of Klimpl being left out for 'tiredness' they were. Put that one to bed anyroads.

im making a plea to my fellow well fans for the last game of the season not to invade the pitch as part of the sfa criteria is fan behaviour and i would be really gutted if we missed out on europe because of a few daftys im sure my fellow well fans would back me up on this one as europe 2 years in a row would be a great achievement for the club and extra money that hasnt been counted for :lol:

How the fuck is it a great achievement?

We are ripping the arse out of this!

Despite this season only getting in through the Fair Play system, it is still great for Motherwell to (possibly) be in Europe again for the 2nd consecutive season. When all the factors of the points system of this Fair Play are taken into account, the players, staff and fans have done well to be in second place I think. Didn't realise just how many aspects of behaviour they were looking at and apparently even award points on style of play.

Might not be the way we all want to get into Europe, but let's look at the positives and enjoy the ride!

From the teams perspective, i dont see many positives.

We will be fucked come Christmas and all the excuses will somewhat understandably relate back to the lack of a break in the summer!

I don't understand this tbh.

I mean we would have been delighted if we had grabbed the 4th spot that we were aiming for all season. Which ultimately would have got us in the Europa league on footballing merit.

We wouldn't be moaning, and complaining of ruining our 09/10 SPL season.

Well the round we enter the 2nd leg is only a WEEK earlier than the 1st leg we would have entered had we finished 4th.

Don't really see THAT much difference.

Surely United will be in exactly the same boat if they end up in 4th.

It's not like other seasons when the Intertoto was complete before the UEFA Cup started.

Due to this revamp, there is a game every week. So, teams aren't losing out so much at the start. It's over the long run for the teams that end up in the QF's, SF's due to the sheer amount of games they now need to play. Not necessarily when they start.

I think we'll have no hassles on the card count front. with two games to go - we'd need to seriously lose the plot to let St Mirren in and Hibs are miles behind.

And without opening up the huge can of worms again - I'd like to re-state a point I've made a couple of times. if the SFA or SPL get the chance to punish someone for chants from the terracing it won't be the OF - it will be us vs the accies.

Don't give them the chance.

I'm not concerned that the europa league early start will ruin next season. Only concern is messes up our preseason should we make an arse of the first round, get papped out and struggle to find teams to finish up our pre season schedule.

Seasons ends what a week on saturday, give them 3 weeks off (making sure they told to rest, relax but not spend 3 weeks on the lash, eating like shite and coming back unfit and needing pounded back into shape), then got a couple of weeks to work towards the first round which I'd think should be enough to get us ready. Hopefully we can get past second round also, after that it may get quite difficult but who knows with luck of the draw and maybe catching a team or two cold we might even get further.

I certainly don't expect to see us get all the way to the group stage proper but if we do fantastic, if not we've had what could be an exciting preseason and hopefully the competative games will see us sharper for the the first few weeks of the SPL. As season gets on if players show signs of tiredness then I expect the manaer to be able to deal with it, a day off here and there if needed, changing approach to training to keep everyone ready for matches. I can't see us totting up the games though that should see the squad run out of gas.

I still cannot quite understand how Hibs are supposedly our nearest rivals for this fair play spot.

I mean they are something like 20 yellow cards behind us. If they get in ahead of us then they should change the name to the "make it up as you go along league".

I don't get it either. From what I understood, Inverness were behind us, followed by St Mirren....

I still cannot quite understand how Hibs are supposedly our nearest rivals for this fair play spot.

I mean they are something like 20 yellow cards behind us. If they get in ahead of us then they should change the name to the "make it up as you go along league".

I don't get it either. From what I understood, Inverness were behind us, followed by St Mirren....

Because for about the 40th time in this thread it's not just bookings that count.

See the article on the official website

Because for about the 40th time in this thread it's not just bookings that count.

See the article on the official website

I am aware that it's not just bookings that count. And from the table that Huggins has posted - it shows Hibs in 10th position - hence the confusion as to why people think they are our nearest rivals.

I don't understand this tbh.

I mean we would have been delighted if we had grabbed the 4th spot that we were aiming for all season. Which ultimately would have got us in the Europa league on footballing merit.

We wouldn't be moaning, and complaining of ruining our 09/10 SPL season.

Well the round we enter the 2nd leg is only a WEEK earlier than the 1st leg we would have entered had we finished 4th.

Don't really see THAT much difference.

Surely United will be in exactly the same boat if they end up in 4th.

It's not like other seasons when the Intertoto was complete before the UEFA Cup started.

Due to this revamp, there is a game every week. So, teams aren't losing out so much at the start. It's over the long run for the teams that end up in the QF's, SF's due to the sheer amount of games they now need to play. Not necessarily when they start.

Exactly my thinking on this.

If we get the spot i will be delighted because its a fine excuse to go off somewhere in europe and have a bit of a party but i'd also regard it as an achievement. Before this came about i had no idea about the different criteria used to determine who tops the fair play chart. If we enter europe by recognition of the positive and sporting approach of our players/backroom staff/supporters, then to me thats excellent and reflects very well on the club as a whole.

I think we'd just have to convert this opportunity into our pre-season.

Hopefully if we qualify we can draw a team that will give us a run out but we could comfortably go through against. Add a bit of edge to our pre-season games - which might benefit the players.

looking at the list of teams already in there though Derry etc - there are a few bloody noses that might be better avoiding.

If we get the breaks it could be a great thing. Pre-season kickabouts replaced by competitive Euro games - that's appealling is it not?

I am aware that it's not just bookings that count. And from the table that Huggins has posted - it shows Hibs in 10th position - hence the confusion as to why people think they are our nearest rivals.

But they may first in the other categories while we are in 10th.

It's like saying you can't understand how someone could be 5th in the league when they have the best home record and totally ignoring they have the worse away record.

You can't just look at one part of the criteria and try and judge the overall situation on just that. For all you know that bookings/sending offs only account for 5% of the marks and are therefore pretty insignificant.

But at the same time Cambo no one knows, as the SFA don't seem to publish this information until the end of the season; so surely all anyone has to go on to gauge the standings is the usual crime count charts of yellows and reds. That's why people are scratching their heads as to why Hibs seem to have - for whatever reason - come to the fore in articles about this fair play stuff.

Personally, I'd be most worried that it ended up costing the club money. Travel to arse end of nowhere + having to find another ground to play our home leg + potentially getting pumped out at the first hurdle while the players are still half a stone overweight from their holidays, doesn't really make for a very attractive financial proposition...