2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

If we're replacing Anier we'll need more of a like for like replacement.

Thinking more of the Burke mould than the Higdon one.

Agree with this.

Higdon was great but with Sutton at the club I think it would be a mistake to bring him back. We need someone with some pace up front and clearly Higdon can't supply that.

Good bit of business by the club I suspect. I was never really convinced Anier was going to set the heather alight with us, and McCall certainly hasn't let us down with bringing in goalscorers so far. So let's see who he's got up his sleeve this time.

In regards to Ojamaa I saw some people on Facebook saying he has been released by Legia.

Would take him back in an instant but it won't happen.

This agent has served is pretty well so far, wonder if he has any other Eastern European gems up his sleeve.

I would be surprised if the undisclosed fee is as much as 6 figures. Given the recent financial statement from the board I think this move is as much to do with saving money over the summer months as anything else.

Sorry to see him go, was a good player, but not irreplaceable.

I know, but has he been playing. Last I heard he was warming the bench.

Dunno if he warming the bench or not but he has 32 appearances according to wiki page so he is at least getting off it for a run out most weeks.

Not expecting him back certainly. Clarkson would seem more realistic if we looking at former strikers and whilst I'd tear your arm off to get back the player Clarkson was when he left I'd have reservations about the current version.

Clarkson would seem more realistic if we looking at former strikers and whilst I'd tear your arm off to get back the player Clarkson was when he left I'd have reservations about the current version.

I'd probably have said the same regarding Sutton when he signed last year; look how that turned out.

If it is Clarkson, I think he'll fit in and find his game again, if not better it based on the team and system we have now.

Really liked Anier, and in particular his debut goal, but this could work out alright for us. We really need a pacy number 10 to work with Sutton, Anier was more like a second number 9 at times. Think it'll be a link up type striker we go for, possibly one that can play wide also.

So not Faddy, Higgy, though OJ would obviously be perfect. Would bloody love to see JOB or Burke at the club but don't think either can play as one of two up front.

Probably someone we have never heard of from league one.

Really liked Anier, and in particular his debut goal, but this could work out alright for us. We really need a pacy number 10 to work with Sutton, Anier was more like a second number 9 at times. Think it'll be a link up type striker we go for, possibly one that can play wide also.

So not Faddy, Higgy, though OJ would obviously be perfect. Would bloody love to see JOB or Burke at the club but don't think either can play as one of two up front.

Probably someone we have never heard of from league one.

If we were to get one of the two mentioned, Ainsworth is more than capable of moving into the secondary striker role.

I'll never forget Aniers debut in a friendly, absolute murder BUT i think this was just sharpness. I liked him and he done well. I also think a Mr Ojamaa has advised him that the club needs the money and a transfer fee will put him in good light, like Ojamaa and his agent who you guys have spoken about has literally taken the clubs best interests at heart, in turn lining his pocket.

Long may this relationship continue!!

I'd probably have said the same regarding Sutton when he signed last year; look how that turned out.

If it is Clarkson, I think he'll fit in and find his game again, if not better it based on the team and system we have now.

Yeah shouldn't prejudge any player but a large part of Clarksons game was built around his ability to cover ground and his work rate. I never doubted Sutton would score goals provided we created chances and Clarkson was very much a confidence player and he appears to be in a decline. Hearts just never had the sense to play Sutton half the time so I had very little fears about Suttons ability, although I didn't expect him to bang in more than 20 goals last season either.

Judging by reports on their site and ours, negotiations have been going on for a few weeks, so I'm sure McCall already has a few players sounded out as a replacement. Wouldn't be surprised if we announce a signing in the next week or so.

Good piece of business for the club, though I'm sad to see Anier go.

If we were to get one of the two mentioned, Ainsworth is more than capable of moving into the secondary striker role.

In my opinion it would be daft to take a winger who scored 11 goals for the season and then play him up front.

Surely, all things being equal, it reduces the potential number of goals scored by the team over the season?

It's much easier to find a forward who will score 10 goals, than a winger that will score 10 goals from the wide position.

In my opinion it would be daft to take a winger who scored 11 goals for the season and then play him up front.

Surely, all things being equal, it reduces the potential number of goals scored by the team over the season?

It's much easier to find a forward who will score 10 goals, than a winger that will score 10 goals from the wide position.

Aye, it's shame Moore is injured or could have staked a claim for that position at the start of season. Like you, would much prefer to see like-for-like than messing around with Ainsworth.