2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Probably being naive or even a wee bit thick but what's the point in "Closed door " friendlies? Surely even a couple of hundred bodies through the door would benefit the clubs, or does the cost of a few stewards cancel out any extra income?

Probably being naive or even a wee bit thick but what's the point in "Closed door " friendlies? Surely even a couple of hundred bodies through the door would benefit the clubs, or does the cost of a few stewards cancel out any extra income?

Its not about income. Sometimes clubs want to try out trialists without shouting it from the rooftops.

The reason for the closed door games mean that bookings don't count perhaps this is the reason.

Probably something to do with playing players without pressure of fans watching. Sounds daft but when I was doing ground staff work an old assistant manager used to complain about a couple of us watching the 1st team train at Firpark saying "it put the players off"

Probably something to do with playing players without pressure of fans watching. Sounds daft but when I was doing ground staff work an old assistant manager used to complain about a couple of us watching the 1st team train at Firpark saying "it put the players off"

Bullshit!

They probably thought you would try and set them on fire. To be fair that would put me of my game too.

• Like 1

Bullshit!

Exactly my response to being told that. thought it was complete and utter bullshit but thats we were told on more than one occasion. Still to this day don't get how 3-4 people sitting in a stand at Firpark can put pro footballers who are used to playing in the same stadium in front of 3000-4000 people. Don't know if it was said assistant talking shite or the guy who called himself our manager/boss

Exactly my response to being told that. thought it was complete and utter bullshit but thats we were told on more than one occasion. Still to this day don't get how 3-4 people sitting in a stand at Firpark can put pro footballers who are used to playing in the same stadium in front of 3000-4000 people. Don't know if it was said assistant talking shite or the guy who called himself our manager/boss

Maybe he was fed up with you sitting about doing fa. :whistling:

• Like 2

it was difficult but aberdeen just got less likeable.

langfield, anderson, considine, robson, jack, flood, mcginn, pawlett and goodwillie. cocksockets one and all.

And if you combine them all together it still doesn't come close to the cocksocket you are.

• Like 8