2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

With only highlights to go on... looks like Pearson is making good forward runs and we need someone up-front who can support this (possibly Erwin on what I've seen). If we decide to let Ojamma return to Poland i'd prefer the money to be spent on a commanding keeper - for me young Watt deserves a run a left back till hammy returns.

I'd be in favour of giving Watt a run at left back as well.

If Pearson is going to be used at left midfield and if Vigurs moves on, should we be looking at centre midfield? Lawson and Leitch both remain unavailable, Lasley might be back sooner rather than later but in the past few weeks, we've had to use Reid or Ramsden in there. Of course, it may be that if we bring Dayton in for Vigurs them he'll play left wing and Pearson will play centrally.

Given the talk of maybe two new faces, it'll be interesting to see what Baraclough sees as the priorities...

Given Erwin and Moore have apparently showed well in the last couple of games and we now have Pearson adding a bit of running, what are people's thoughts on extending Ojaama's loan? Money better spent elsewhere?

A good question Greg and one I've been thinking about. The problem is that we're not in full possession of the facts. It would be a risk because IB has seen Craig Moore in first team action for less than 90 minutes. Its not a lot to base an assessment on.

Ojamaa aside we have 4 strikers with first team experience Sutton, Erwin, Moore and McHugh. We've heard or seen nothing at all on McHugh except that he seems to be long term injured - we don't know when he'll be back, if indeed he is back. Is 3 strikers enough?

Where do we need to strengthen? Where do I start? A lot will also depend on Steve Hammell's and ZFA's injuries about which we know little.

Priorities? I'd say centre back, left back (maybe), and central midfield and possibly striker.

Personally, I'd go for 2 central midfielders assuming that Hammell and/or ZFA do return in the next few weeks.

Our central midfield is simply awful and we need 2 mobile players in there - a defensive one who can tackle and a creative one. However a case could also be made for another left back, depending on the injury situation.

A lot will also depend on which type of player is available. It may also be out of our hands as Ojamaa himself may be moved on by his club.

Its amazing how people can have such differing views on the team...for me we have two positions that are screaming out to be 'upgraded'.

Goalkeeper....I am a major critic of our current custodian, and the alternative sitting on the bench hasnt covered himself in glory when he has had a chance.

Left-back...the loss of Hammell this season shouldnt be underplayed, we have tried to fill that particular round hole with various square pegs and none of them have looked particularly comfortable. Hammell is always assured, and is always an outlet for us to start our attacks from.

I understand that Midfield has been shite as well, but I'd push Pearson inside and put young Thomas wide left.

So, rumour roundup:

Some Hungarian winger, argentine keeper, irish center back, twitter rumours of richie towell but that seems unlikely since he was reported as staying with his club last week, Heffernan of Hibs, James Dayton, missed any?

Is Baraclough actually in the market for a new keeper?

If you can bring in maybe 3 players and your best player this season has been the current goalkeeper I'd say you probably wouldn't be looking to get a new goalkeeper as a priority - even if you aren't that happy with him.

Will be interesting to see if Cerny even starts matches at Hibs, they extended Mark Oxley's loan till the end of the season.