2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

A well balanced midfield has ball winners and ball players. I don't remember many people complaining that Davie Cooper and Bobby Russell weren't doing enough tracking back.

Too much emphasis on hard work over skill is why the Scottish game suffered over the years.

A well balanced midfield has ball winners and ball players. I don't remember many people complaining that Davie Cooper and Bobby Russell weren't doing enough tracking back.

Too much emphasis on hard work over skill is why the Scottish game suffered over the years.

The game has changed globally though. Best attackers in the world are expected to put in a good defensive shift.

Correct, able to grow them but they look ridiculous, more bother than they are worth. so clean shaven and smooth gets my vote every time :evilgrin:

Look, it is just a fact that having a beard makes you better at football, don't blame me, blame science. #beards

Its encouraging to see us linked with some fresh players. Despite signing Pearo again I'd still like to see us sign a defensive midfielder to play in the middle.

We need a complete overhaul of our midfield and it seems Ian Baraclough has cottoned on to our structural weakness there.

I am a Vigurs fan but if he does want to leave and we can leverage a decent swap deal now then I say let's do it. Like others have said it just hasn't worked for him really.

That said...on the press conf today Baraclough played it a little coy I thought. Said he had received a call about Vigurs availability and said to the caller 'leave it with me' but that was all and he hasnt even seen Vigurs play yet himself. He didnt say a definite 'no' nor did he say a definitie 'yes' so take from that what you will.

I am a Vigurs fan but if he does want to leave and we can leverage a decent swap deal now then I say let's do it. Like others have said it just hasn't worked for him really.

That said...on the press conf today Baraclough played it a little coy I thought. Said he had received a call about Vigurs availability and said to the caller 'leave it with me' but that was all and he hasnt even seen Vigurs play yet himself. He didnt say a definite 'no' nor did he say a definitie 'yes' so take from that what you will.

I'm a Vigurs fan as well but let's step into his shoes right now. If you were Vigurs would you sign a new contract with Motherwell FC, given recent circumstances?

I think you'd need to be a real hardcore fan to sign on the dotted line without having a good hard look at your options.

We need new blood in our midfield and as Lawson's injured as usual it makes sense to move Vigours on for his benefit and ours we need midfielders who can actually run with the ball. Pearson will do for starters another 2 required. :mellow:

I'm a Vigurs fan as well but let's step into his shoes right now. If you were Vigurs would you sign a new contract with Motherwell FC, given recent circumstances?

I think you'd need to be a real hardcore fan to sign on the dotted line without having a good hard look at your options.

Aye, yer right. I don't think many would sign a new deal if they know they have a good chance of signing on elsewhere (for most of our out of contract players that would be fine with me...). Vigurs with the right setup around him will do a team a great turn. Or he might plummet like Brian Kerr.

I think our rapid decline would suggest Faddy and Hutchinson inspired those around them. It's further evident when you listen to the odd soundbite.

And remember how much the squad got a lift when Faddy got fit and started playing through the middle, just as we turned the season around.

The rapid decline is more to do with players not being adequately replaced, an unbalanced squad with too many right sides defenders, no natural width, and experienced players being one year closer to the knackers yard rather than Faddy and hutch inspiring the players last season.

I wonder if they two are inspiring their new team mates at St Johnstone and fulham respectively. According to some st Johnstone fans Faddy has been in the main dreadful all season. I will need to ask them of his inspirational qualities.