2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Talented player but he has proven to be a poor signing by McCall because he never fitted into our system or style of play.

Under Baraclough, we should be trying to find a way to use him effectively. Good passers of a football are rare in the SPL and we have one in Vigurs.

And unlike others, he always gives 100% and never hides. Always available for the ball, no matter how badly things are going. Take note, Mr Ainsworth...

Personally I wouldn't be too disappointed with Vigurs moving on. He hasn't achieved enough during his time with us in my view. That may be due to us playing a style which doesn't suit him. Whatever the reason, I think the wage could be better used on someone who fits the bill of getting involved in a relegation dog-fight for the next 4 months.

One advantage at least is that it's a non-SPFL team being talked about for his move. Gets right on my tits when an old player comes back to haunt us.

EDIT: There are others is have out the door before him, Kerr, ZFA, Ainsworth. But it might be the case that Vigurs is viewed as our only asset that someone else will take in exchange for someone that is required for the next 4 months worth of battling it out.

Letting Vigurs go would be a big mistake imo. Anyway, hasn't he turned down Oldham in the past?

I was keen to see us retaining Faddy because I think Vigurs, in particular, but Ainsworth to some extent, too, were more effective when playing alongside Oor James.

And unlike others, he always gives 100% and never hides. Always available for the ball, no matter how badly things are going.

Seriously? While defending doesn't come naturally too him how many times has a midfield player ran away from him? And for all his quality on the ball, he's drifted in and out just above every game I've seen him.

I think it's a possible lack of desire that would see him out the door.

• Like 3

Drifting in and out of games is often what ball players do; especially if their team mates dont pass to them. It's all about balance of course, but you can't fill a midfield with Craig Reids and hope to open a defence with a killer pass.

So we're currently linked with 3 attacking players, one of whom has already signed; fine, goals have been hard to come by.

Would love a left back capable of covering for Hammell and a GK to replace Gunnar if he does indeed leave. Doubt we'll get both.

Quite excited at the prospect of this Hungarian lad, could be another Ojamaa.

I was keen to see us retaining Faddy because I think Vigurs, in particular, but Ainsworth to some extent, too, were more effective when playing alongside Oor James.

I would agree with that. Faddy inspired other players to raise their game. One of the many reasons he should've been retained.

Drifting in and out of games is often what ball players do; especially if their team mates dont pass to them. It's all about balance of course, but you can't fill a midfield with Craig Reids and hope to open a defence with a killer pass.

I would agree with that. For one reason or another it hasn't happened for Vigurs. Some of it's his fault, some of it isn't.

I think Vigurs is a great player on his day but too often for us it hasn't been his day, Baraclough has obviously saw the weakness many have complained of on here with midfield his priority.

Obviously not impressed with Vigurs in his time here

Seriously? While defending doesn't come naturally too him how many times has a midfield player ran away from him? And for all his quality on the ball, he's drifted in and out just above every game I've seen him.

I think it's a possible lack of desire that would see him out the door.

I would put that down to more to lack of awareness of the defensive side of the game or lack of pace. Interesting to read people question his fitness. People seem to be getting lack of fitness mixed up with lack of pace. Vigurs never seemed to be blowing out of his arse at the end of games, any more than the rest of our team. Did he have flaws in his game? Aye. Don't think lack of desire was one of them...

Anyway it's a moot point as Scott Burns is rarely wrong on Motherwell so he seems to be on his way.If Baraclough wants to play a high tempo pressing game, Vigurs probably wouldn't be his cup of tea...

Vigurs is quite clearly a talented footballer but he's not the type of player we need at this moment in time. However, he did shine when McFadden was in the team as they definitely seemed to read each other well - could the same happen with Pearson? Maybe, maybe not. I do remember Dayton impressing me a lot when he was at Kilmarnock, the boy definitely has pace and that's what we really need at the moment.

That's no different to most of our current squad at present. If he's put in a shift whenever he's been in C&A then he would have reason to feel the criticism is unjustified. I've seen glimpses of foresight and 2 seconds ahead of play you need in that midfield to forward link. However whither he doesn't have the legs, feels its not his responsibility or apathy, he hasn't offered much in the way of protection or grit in winning the ball back. Maybe he would elsewhere, when anyone moves on they see it as a chance to start afresh.

Barra clearly wants to play a high pressing game and to do that our midfield need pace t close people down and work in a certain way without the ball. I don't think Vigurs can fit with that. I think he is a very talented player with the ball and I will be sorry to see him go. Barra must have looked at what he wants / needs to get us out of this and maybe Vigurs has already said he won't be signing a new deal therefore he has to be moved on. Agree i'd prefer to see others out first but other clubs need to want them to ship them on.