2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Pish times.

No one should believe a word Scott Burns says again as he stated Ojamaa would be extending his loan deal!

Did we want to keep him? Did we try? What was the issue?

To thonk we managed to extend the loan deal of that cart horse O'Brien.

Scott Burns only seemed to be in the know during McCalls time at the club. Seems since McCalls has left he knows fuck all..... Strange that eh!!

Skippy back to join his buddy Pearo......?

He was poor overall.

He had a decent run of form for about a month but apart from that he didn't contribute much and his attitude in his final few matches was shocking.

Have to agree with you, he was unfit for much of his time during his second spell here. Also felt he tried to do to much himself and never released the ball when he should have. We will miss him but he's not irreplaceable.

I'm a bit disappointed he's chosen not to stay personally. Yeah he maybe struggled a little for form but at times he was the only threat we had. We better get someone in up front pronto cos the prospect of finishing the season with what we currently have fills me with dread.

Looks like a friendly journo at the BBC has un-muddied the waters. Henrik's own statement suggested an extension wasn't on offer, turns out we tried to get him permanently.

BBC

Motherwell: Henrik Ojamaa rejects loan extension

By Clive Lindsay

BBC Sport

Estonia forward Henrik Ojamaa has left Motherwell after rejecting an offer to extend his second spell at Fir Park.

The 23-year-old was on loan from Legia Warsaw but has decided to take up an offer of another loan deal, with Scandinavia a likely destination.

Well general manager Alan Burrows told BBC Scotland: "He had other offers and we totally respect his decision.

"Ian Baraclough is working through targets and we hope to bring in a couple of replacements."

Burrows, who said he could not reveal Ojamaa's next destination as the deal had not been completed, said the Scottish Premiership club had explored the possibility of signing the player permanently before offering him terms on a loan extension.

"The club made Henrik the best offer it could, but he has opted to try something different," he said.

Burrows thanked the player and his agent for making a decision early enough for the Well manager to start his search for a replacement.

"My loan at Motherwell is now officially up," he said on Twitter. "I leave with a heavy heart.Ojamaa, who has made 23 appearances for Well this season, scoring four goals, had made his departure from Fir Park public on social media.

"Hopefully me leaving will give a chance to many good youngsters at MFC to grab a position in the starting 11.

"Although the league position is not as good as Motherwell deserves, I still thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club that is very close to my heart.

"I am sure the coaching staff and my team-mates/friends will finish the season strong and I will remain a passionate supporter of the club."

Ojamaa, who began his senior career at Derby County, left Motherwell for Legia Warsaw in 2013 after a season in Scottish football during which he scored four goals in 47 appearances.

He also played for Stafford Rangers, Alemannia Aachen, Fortuna Sittard and Rovaniemen Palloseura before heading for Lanarkshire.

Ojamaa leaves Motherwell sitting 10th in the Premiership, two points above St Mirren in the relegation play-off spot.

While clearly a player who pretty much always gave 100%, for me Ojamaa was not offering value for what I suspect we were paying hin.

If we can bring in a young, hungry replacement for less cash, it might turn out to be the best thing for us. And I suspect it will mean Erwin and Moore get more opportunities. No bad thing...

• Like 1

I always liked Henrick, after all he played in my hometown Aachen and during my chats with him he was always friendly and kind. Knew where he stayed and know some of his friends quiet well. He speaks German as well, similar to a few other current Well players.

Having said that, apart from his never ending effort, he did not have as much impact as he had in his first spell, possibly due to players around him.

Hope this will free up some money for maybe a player or 2.

in re to his 'offer' and the Journo writing the article: The Well Twitter Feed made it pretty clear 'we offered him what we could', It wasnt an extension but a full time offer.

Yes, Henrik failed to make the impact we had hoped when he arrived for his second spell. When he first resumed his career with us he looked a tad overweight and unfit and took a good weeks to get up to speed - literally. I suspect Legia Warsaw told us a few days ago that they weren't prepared to extend his loan deal. It was a case of signing him permanently or he left. He reportedly received good offers from Scandinavia.

Laing sounds like a prospect that has been on the radar of big clubs since a young age. And his recent loan spell at Notts County appears to have went very well.

A centre half with the right character who is comfortable with the ball fits with the Baraclough prototype but surely if this materialises, there must be 1 or 2 defenders on the way out. Albeit he is reported to be versatile...

Yes, Henrik failed to make the impact we had hoped when he arrived for his second spell. When he first resumed his career with us he looked a tad overweight and unfit and took a good weeks to get up to speed - literally. I suspect Legia Warsaw told us a few days ago that they weren't prepared to extend his loan deal. It was a case of signing him permanently or he left. He reportedly received good offers from Scandinavia.

Whilst not discounting how you describe his recent stay, we did not make best use of the assets he can offer & he was hardly helped by his supporting cast was he?

Now, for some, it's a simplistic approach that using the budget now available with his departiure allows for 2 new players. I'd question the ability to strengthen the squad by adding just two players...

Henrik had an increasing frustrated look about him, was unfit when he arrived, took a bit of time to get fit. The touch that he had during his first stint with us wasn't quite there and more often than not he was trying to do a bit too much, possibly in order to try to compensate for the lack of effort and ability of others around him.

Not suprised he wants to give it a go elsewhere.

All the best Henrik