2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I would guess most of our signings will be coming from down south and possibly Ireland, but if we can keep skippy and ainsworth then I think Clarkson would be a great buy for us. Give him good service and he would get into double figures for the season.

This must be a joke?

Absolutely not. Nothing to do with him being ex Rangers...he is so immobile it's unreal.

I remember Tommy McLean referring to Alex Jones as being "static". Boyd makes Jones look like a world-beater in terms of mobility.

Queen of the South's Gavin Reilly has just signed a three year deal with Hearts. He is a player with bags of potential and the type of player that we should be targeting. If he fulfils his potential Hearts will make a good return on their investment.

To be fair I think it is a route the club are looking to go down, we tried to sign Durnan from QOTS this summer but he pied us in favour of joining Dundee United.

Also 'heard' the club were apparently after Shaun Rooney of Queens Park and Jordan White from Livi but that could just be nonsense.

Still, would hope we start to see some movement this week given pre-season starts on Thursday and they're away to Holland next week.

• Like 1

If we sign someone from QOS, Queens Park, Live etc with potential can we take bets now on who the first poster will be to say something like "expecting better than that", "if we are signing players from the lower leagues then thats where we will end up", "if this is the type of player we are signing we better be ready for a relegation fight again"?!

For one, I am all for it but not everyone will be on board with it

If we sign someone from QOS, Queens Park, Live etc with potential can we take bets now on who the first poster will be to say something like "expecting better than that", "if we are signing players from the lower leagues then thats where we will end up", "if this is the type of player we are signing we better be ready for a relegation fight again"?!

we don't need to take bets mate - it will be DEWELL

• Like 1

Jordan White might be an interesting one. Scored a lot of goals for a struggling Livingston team last season. I believe he is also quite a big lad in the Lee Erwin mold. Certainly has a bit of physical presence about him.

We should be going for lower league guys we can bring on but the priority now is guys who are first team ready.

We only have 3 outfield players - Reid, Marvin and Law - aged 22-31. We need players who are a good bet to perform consistently for the season.

The one about the grass?

Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @Malloyal All going well, there will be some good news to report on the player front tomorrow! :-)

Which by our standards means nothing will happen tomorrow, this thread will go into meltdown, signing news will be reported on Thursday soon to be followed by a string of complaints about who we brought in.