2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Only problem is, that's another new player trying to fit into the team. Hope it works out of course.

Can't have it both ways unfortunately. Everyone's demanding we sign a midfielder (or two), so you either sign them and don't play them, or play them and hope they can get round the "fitting in" thing.

I actually thought Leitch had a decent game on Saturday (once you stop comparing him to what Pearson offers), but the competition for places and extra option can't be a bad thing.

Wiki (I know) has him as a Mid/Winger. no the sort of midfielder I was expecting. Saying that I know nothing of him, looking forward to seeing him.

Interestingly Transfermarkt (I know) has him as primarily a left mid. Much like yourself, not the sort of midfielder I was expecting. Still a few weeks of the window to go I suppose. Interested to see how he fits in. http://www.transfermarkt.com/jake-taylor/profil/spieler/130230

Found a video of him scoring for Reading last season and certainly looks like he plays left midfield, as that's where his goal came from.

Doesn't mean he can't play centrally, though!

True, didn't really mean to suggest otherwise. Just watched the same goal I think (vs Ipswich?)

I think I just had quite a specific 'type' of player that I thought we might be looking to bring in. Based on the signings Bara's made so far I'm fairly confident he has a decent eye for a player and what the team needs so as I say, it'll be interesting to see how he fits in.

Fair point made earlier on about Taylor being out of contract at the end of the season. A couple of posts on Reading forums suggests that they reckon that's the last they've seen of him.

If he does well get him a pre-contract in January. Interesting that there's a break clause in the deal; presumably if he performs Reading might want another look at him..?

If he can get on the ball and start some counter attacks he's exactly what we need. He may not be a player to pick apart a team with a raking or intricate pass, but someone who can bring Johnson/Ainsworth/McDonald into the attack quickly to get in and around Moult or Fletcher is an interesting prospect.

I agree wither others that based on the initial research/reading up on him he's not what I would've expected; someone who can pick a pass in the final third for Fletcher/Moult is what I'd have loved (Nicky Law style). There's no reason we can't bring someone else in to fill that role if needs be; I still think McDonald has a lot to offer there if he's got a more experienced/solid pairing behind him and once he's match fit, of course.

Up to 6 weeks for Pearo

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/08/11/stephen-pearson-injury-update/

Stephen Pearson: Injury Update

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Motherwell FC has learned the full extent of Stephen Pearson’s injury, sustained on the opening day of the season at Inverness.

A scan has revealed the 32-year old former Scotland International has some knee cartilage damage that will require fairly routine surgery to rectify.

That surgery will go ahead this coming Friday (14th August).

However, both the surgery and recovery could rule the player out for six weeks.

The will come as a blow to Ian Baraclough but the ‘Well boss was remaining optimistic and was relieved it wasn’t more serious.

“There was a worry when it first happened that Stephen may have sustained a cruciate ligament injury, so we’re obviously delighted that’s not been the case.

“These sorts of contact based injuries are, sadly, unavoidable and part of the game so we can’t do anything but get on with it.

“Stephen has started the season well, but this gives opportunities to other players to stake a claim for a spot in the starting eleven. I am confident in those who will now get their chance to stand up and take responsibility.”

I agree wither others that based on the initial research/reading up on him he's not what I would've expected.

On reflection, given that we had Brobbel in on trial the other week then on the face of it positionally speaking Taylor would seem to tick the same sort of boxes as him so perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised.

There's still a good couple of weeks to go in the window and there are still a ton of out of contract players who will still be looking for clubs so assuming there's still budget there then it could well be the case that we may be looking at doing more business this window.

Guy on loan looks like a great signing, full international cap and played regularly in the Championship last year. Also not the worst news about Pearson, thought it'd be 3-4 months to be honest.

Good mate who lives down south ( occasional poster on here Southern Steel ) is a Reading season ticket holder has seen him play regularly and thinks its a great piece of business to get him on board. Full Welsh international and they are the tenth best international team in the world, so he cant be too bad :whistling: