2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Got to say I don't think that Leitch looked out of place or out of his depth on Sat. Given that he missed most of last season I think that with a few more game he will develop into a descent midfielder.

I agree but given most people's stated opinion on Saturday's match, it would appear we're in the minority...

I think creativity is something we do seem to have a lot of. What the Dundee Utd game showed me. Is that we're lacking the killer instinct. We need a proven striker. Clarkson is bench warmer at best . Fletcher seems like a poacher and moult is still learning to fly. The only solution I can think of is either sign someone as a striker or sign someone in the midfield that has energy. And get him to supply skippy

I think creativity is something we do seem to have a lot of. What the Dundee Utd game showed me. Is that we're lacking the killer instinct. We need a proven striker. Clarkson is bench warmer at best . Fletcher seems like a poacher and moult is still learning to fly. The only solution I can think of is either sign someone as a striker or sign someone in the midfield that has energy. And get him to supply skippy

So after 2 starts, you're writing off Fletcher? And after 50 minutes for Moult? How does someone become a proven striker if they're not given a chance to prove themselves? Fletcher has started two competitive games and scored one goal? I'd reckon that buys him a bit of time before we start talking about needing a "proven striker". All strikers miss chances, even McDonald. Do I wish we'd taken more of our chances against Inverness or even one of our chances against Dundee United? Absolutely, but it seems a bit early to be saying that our two new strikers aren't fit for purpose...
  • Like 3

Regardless of a step up or not I'd have thought after how likes of Porter, Higdon or Jutkiewicz were judged within minutes as not good enough there wouldn't be a single Well fan left who would rush to judgement on any player so quick. I was tempted to write Laing off after his debut but even some of the worst of starts are no basis for such quick decisions.

I not had the chance to see either of the opening two games, but in short we've created chances and not looked to bad at the back. Edged one and unlucky to lose the other, long way to go to be anything like the finished article but allowing our new signings and young players a decent run before casting judgement would seem wise.

• Like 2

Don't be too hard on these guys. They received little in the way of support and decent ammunition on Saturday. If they receive that then they'll flourish.

Ramsden has chocolate hamstrings, Reid was used in midfield by Stu McC- not his position( f ck knows what is, mind you)

Old - school stylee references are way wide of the mark. Central mid positional sense, ability to anticipate moves and restrict passing options, cover gaps left by wingers pushing on. That's not old , it's vital...

• Like 2