Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

To carry on the former players are shit talk. Tom Hateley, finding not much love in Dundee.

Hateley was a decent right back for us. He never was and never will be, a midfielder. Another big head who thought he was better than us.

• Like 1

Know a couple too who are far from impressed. Some are suggesting their worst goalie since Allen McKnight which is quite an endorsement

From what I've seen his recent form has cost the Hammers quite a few goals. At fault for both yesterday.

Anier never impressed me that much at Fir Park. He was okay, but I think selling him on was one of our best pieces of business in recent times.

Agreed. Seemed to work hard, made the right runs etc, but never looked like an outstanding player. Fantastic business by the club and McCall to get him in and sold on for a decent fee. I actually completely forgot he'd come on as a sub on Saturday.

Murphy @ Brighton only moments away, from promotion out of the championship

he's only been getting 15-20 minutes the last few games , but huge success for him if they make it, love his attitude to the game.

With Newcastle only picking up 1 point from their last two games, Brighton looking good to win that league too.

EDIT: Confirmed promotion thanks to Huddersfield's draw. Congrats all round.

• Like 1

Reading the owner's interview this morning, they are planning to follow the Bournemouth model rather than some big spending attempt to stay up.

Whether that ultimately involves Murphy or not, he has played a fairly large role in their success this season and there have been a few ex-Well loanees who recently played in the top flight that are no better than him. I'm looking at you Jutkiewicz and Grabban (to name two).

The sole question for me is are we due any further payment?

I was wondering that myself. Or if we only receive percentages of transfer fees. Or if our add-ons have expired.

I'm sure someone from the club could fill us in.

Is there not a development fee percentage for each transfer, separate from any contractual arrangement. So only a further transfer may trigger a small payment but there will be no contractual arrangement between us and Brighton for promotions or anything else, and any we had with Sheffield would surely have lapsed when he left them.