2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

4 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

He holds all the aces now because we need him to play to stay up. 

I was dubious about the conspiracy to start with but now I'm thinking he's been looking after his own interests by getting that renewal clause taken out.

I'm disappointed if it has happened the way I think it has and if we weren't where are id say fuck him and let him not kick a ball for the rest of the season and screw up his chances of going away with Scotland. However we are where we are and we need competent central defenders and we need them available tomorrow night.

And if thats the case, fine. But we can take the armband off him, give it to someone who is actually up for fighting for the club.

3 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

And if thats the case, fine. But we can take the armband off him, give it to someone who is actually up for fighting for the club.

Agreed he shouldn't be captain with what has happened but I do think he will give his all when he comes back in. Mostly cos players do genuinely really want to win games, they're competitive by nature and thats what gets them a career as professional sportsmen.

5 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Agreed he shouldn't be captain with what has happened but I do think he will give his all when he comes back in. Mostly cos players do genuinely really want to win games, they're competitive by nature and thats what gets them a career as professional sportsmen.

Do you honestly think he will not be playing with one eye on getting out of Fir Park without getting an injury so he won't be committed to the cause . Let's just tell him he's finished at Fir Park and move on 

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Do you honestly think he will not be playing with one eye on getting out of Fir Park without getting an injury so he won't be committed to the cause . Let's just tell him he's finished at Fir Park and move on 

I don't. I really don't. Once players go on to the park they mostly forget about all that stuff. They commit the same way (not committing to challenge is more ikely to get you hurt as  doing it right) and what to win the game and their own personal battles.

Even if you don't belive in that he's still got to earn a move elsewhere and show enough to stay in the Scotland squad. 

As I said I'd like to leave him out for the way he's handled this contract thing as a lesson/punishment but with where we are have to get results and I think having him in the side is more likely to do that than not having him in.

10 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Probably but at the same time do you think a player who was captain of a relegated team would be an automatic choice for Scotland.  More likely to get picked if he comes back into the team and plays out of his skin and drags us out of the relegation zone.

Gallagher is our best defender and we need to get him back in the team as soon as it's possible no matter what if anything is going on with his contract,get him in the team and help keep us up and then both parties can move on at the end of the season,all that matters is were in the top division come the summer.we need him back and sharpish as the thought of going into a relegation scrap with magloire and lamie is truly frightening.

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

So he has went from a muscle injury to a hamstring injury to not having a clause in his contract to having one that he doesn't like . Let's get the facts straight from the club after all it's the club captain we are talking about and his position is definitely having a reaction on the team after all if the he can't be arsed why should the rest of them and it's showing 

What if the club were to confirm he has a hamstring injury and is due back in training soon and that he is out of contract in the summer?

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The sad state of affairs is even if he is messing us around the Foley, Nolan, Magloire triple signing has worked out so badly we probably need to bring him back into the squad for a dogfight. 

In the unlikely event that we take 7 points before the split he can rot. 

We don’t even know he’s done anything out of order

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

We don’t even know he’s done anything out of order

But...but....it was in the Daily Record! Don't you know that our football journalists never get this kind of thing wrong?!?

I mean, I know the club has claimed he's got an injury, and that he'll be back when he's fit, but we all know the club aren't as trustworthy or knowledgable as our esteemed football media! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'd be highly surprised if a player such as Gallagher thinks that he is going to get a lucrative move away from Motherwell by parking his arse in the stand rather than playing.

I am struggling to see anywhere other than on here suggesting that is his plan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Thanks for for introducing me to a new experience on this forum a Yodo post that actually makes sense,:nod: agree with all of it, if Gallagher is not up for it, get him dropped and warming the bench for the last 9 games, no pissing about pandering to players who won't be here next season.

you n yodo will need to get a room at this rate xxxxxx

7 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

It's very suspicious when he has one game left to trigger an extension on his contract.

If he hasn't played before the split it's extremely likely he's at it.

An extension which the Record 'revealed' in January then failed to mention in the follow up Gallagher story. Given that was the only source, I'm thinking it might be shite. 

Not what I was saying the other day mind you.