2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

It’s not overly encouraging that someone that can’t be considered a starter at Livi is allowed to leave to another league competitor. Not really what I was expecting after securing the best part of another 250k last night and were like a rudderless ship at times. That second half capitulation regardless of a woeful referee was torture.

I’m willing to give him a chance as we’ve taken many a misfiring player and they’ve came good in C&A. The issue is this season too many of players that looked an improvement on what we already had but have failed to impress.

As conveyed it is a kick in the nuts for the academy boys. with respect to the Cove Rangers clique, remember who their assistant gaffer is.

• Like 1

Signing Crawford is strange. Not sure if thats to fill in for Donnelly, as extra cover or he’s back up for an injured Campbell. If the lad can’t get a game for Livingston why is he good enough for us? Why would Livingston loan out a good player to rivals? This move raises more questions than answers. Are our young lads not ready or good enough?

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

I suspect this would have gone down better if we had recruited him directly from Ayr where he was doing well.

Yes. That would have indicated his star was rising and we were taking a promising player from a smaller club. As it is it would seem he can’t cut it at a rival club in the same league.

Strange signing,hopefully this guy can do is a turn but loaning a player deemed not good enough for livingston is concerning,especially at a time when were crying out for a wee bit of quality,if this signing pushes the likes of maguire further out the picture,then what was the point in getting him on a new contract over the summer.

15 minutes ago, mfc said:

,if this signing pushes the likes of maguire 

We should have let maguire leave - he’s been around for long enough and if he was good enough as either a central defender or midfielder he’d have been in the team and stayed there . 

Worried that we have a lot of very average jo’s on the books who aren’t good enough . 

Fingers crossed Crawford is better than having a grimmy or maguire 

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

We should have let maguire leave - he’s been around for long enough and if he was good enough as either a central defender or midfielder he’d have been in the team and stayed there . 

Worried that we have a lot of very average jo’s on the books who aren’t good enough . 

Fingers crossed Crawford is better than having a grimmy or maguire 

Totally agree,i said on here at the time that giving maguire a new contract made no sense,it would have benefitted both parties had he moved on.i wouldn't be surprised if he's punted out on loan now.our recruitment this season has been dreadful,we tried to get our business done early over the summer and it's backfired on us,like you said,to many average jo's in our squad right now.

Just now, Stu92 said:

Who says Crawford isn’t good enough for Livingston? Other than people on here who probably have never seen him play.

We should give him a chance in C&A. That said, if he was good enough why would Livingston let him leave on loan to a rival club? If he was one of their top players he'd be in their team.

31 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

The seethe over a backup central midfielder to provide cover while the (much missed) Donnelly is out injured is unnatural even for this website. 

Thats EXACTLY why we have Cornelius, Semple & Maguire in our squad, to provide backup. If we need to sign a player who cant cut it at SPL level (hense the reason he played half of Livvys games last season then got dumped from their first team squad and loaned out)to provide cover, then why are we wasting money paying the 3 players above? We'd be as well taking a grand and a half a week and burning it in the street outside Fir Park

5 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Thats EXACTLY why we have Cornelius, Semple & Maguire in our squad, to provide backup. If we need to sign a player who cant cut it at SPL level (hense the reason he played half of Livvys games last season then got dumped from their first team squad and loaned out)to provide cover, then why are we wasting money paying the 3 players above? We'd be as well taking a grand and a half a week and burning it in the street outside Fir Park

You’ll be incandescent with rage when you find out they’ve committed to him signing a pre-contract agreement in January...

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Everyone knows my views regarding youth academy  so I am saying nowt apart from young guys will never get experience if they are not given a chance.  I wish crawford well and yes it's better than the english non league 5th division but really........

I think the club agree with you so they are putting these players out to clubs where they have a greater chance of getting more than 10 minutes here and there, remember there is no reserve football to keep their eye in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ropy said:

I think the club agree with you so they are putting these players out to clubs where they have a greater chance of getting more than 10 minutes here and there, remember there is no reserve football to keep their eye in.

Fair do's ropy but even if they go on loan and play games would they get a chance  when they return as it would pre season and more signings would be made pushing them down queue again. I know a lot wont agree with me and I value everyone's opinion but I feel the youth set up is a worrying concern and money should be invested into it.....COYW

I am going leftfield here considering I am mr youth academy but how about this.  Now bear in mind we are debt free....sold DT.....got 750k minimum for europe run. Now we keep a safe amount in the account but why dont we try and sign Stevie Naismith?    Hear me out.........yes he is 34 but too good for championship but still ambitions to play for Scotland and I think a great leader to have in dressing room.  Could offer 2 yr deal with coaching position in youth academy after that.   Again it is just my idea and you dont need to agree with it.....COYW

I think our signing policy is one based solely on us asking Dec who he rates at his former club. 

I hope I am proved wrong but like most I am underwhelmed that we are signing a player from a rival and generally one finishing below us that cannot get a game. 

This is clearly a master plan which will lead to relegation or winning Europa League. I know what 8 would bet on. 

I am a happy clappy but last night and recent signings are worrying the shit out of me. 

• Like 1