Jump to content

David

2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

If Carson is out for a while it’s another experienced leader we’re down. 
 

Hopefully our additions have that quality, which is harder to find in loan signings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Dec actually said he wants to leave? I may have missed it elsewhere but the Record article only mentions "a source close to the player". By their usual standards of credibility, that could apply to one of their journos that lives in Blantyre.

Hypothetical situation - Gallagher is now free to discuss terms with other clubs due to being in last 6 months of his contract. What happens if he signs a pre-contract, and then triggers the renewal clause in his current contract? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Has Dec actually said he wants to leave? I may have missed it elsewhere but the Record article only mentions "a source close to the player". By their usual standards of credibility, that could apply to one of their journos that lives in Blantyre.

Hypothetical situation - Gallagher is now free to discuss terms with other clubs due to being in last 6 months of his contract. What happens if he signs a pre-contract, and then triggers the renewal clause in his current contract? 

Suppose it all depends on the terms of the renewal clause. Is it a mutual thing that needs to be agreed by both parties or can the club/player trigger it independently.

In theory the club might be able to hold him to another year but why keep a player who doesn’t want to be here (if true)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gee said:

If Carson is out for a while it’s another experienced leader we’re down. 
 

Hopefully our additions have that quality, which is harder to find in loan signings. 

See Hearts are willing to let Zlamal go, could be an option to get us through Carson injury.

Not quite getting Gillespie back but I could see it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So as per the Club tweet, Jordan Archer has left to join Middlesboro? So he WAS still at the club last weekend? That right there (if true) is why Keith Lasley shouldnt even be interviewed for the job! We had a good, competent keeper sitting in the stand and played that fucking bombscare instead??

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shaka said:

So as per the Club tweet, Jordan Archer has left to join Middlesboro? So he WAS still at the club last weekend? That right there (if true) is why Keith Lasley shouldnt even be interviewed for the job! We had a good, competent keeper sitting in the stand and played that fucking bombscare instead??

I presume Archer knew he was away and the deal was done so I suspect he made himself  unavailable as per instructions from Middlesbrough not wanting to risk any Injury to the player before he got there,  so I will give Las the benefit of tbe doubt on that one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kmac said:

With Liam Kelly supposedly joining, should we be expecting Dolly Menga Next? 

Have we just given up on signing players and fully relying on Livi's contact book?

Liam Kelly was excellent for Livi so I have no problems if we sign him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Liam Kelly was excellent for Livi so I have no problems if we sign him

Yes he was. On paper a good signing. At Livingston though he played behind a huge defence. Should be an upgrade on Chapman and Archer. I can only assume that Carson's latest injury is reasonably serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Liam Kelly was excellent for Livi so I have no problems if we sign him

Kelly would solve our goalkeeping headache,I would be more than happy to have him until the end of the season.him in and chapman out would be a good start to what will hopefully be a busy january.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

Has Dec actually said he wants to leave? I may have missed it elsewhere but the Record article only mentions "a source close to the player". By their usual standards of credibility, that could apply to one of their journos that lives in Blantyre.

If the source close to Gallagher is a journalist just stirring it, you'd wonder how they knew the details of that clause in his contract. If it doesn't actually exist, mibbe he'd feel the need to say something about it. If.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If the source close to Gallagher is a journalist just stirring it, you'd wonder how they knew the details of that clause in his contract. If it doesn't actually exist, mibbe he'd feel the need to say something about it. If.

Exactly, a lot of ifs. My point being that an unnamed source in the DR is as reliable as my mate's pal's buddy's friend. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Exactly, a lot of ifs. My point being that an unnamed source in the DR is as reliable as my mate's pal's buddy's friend. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

True. And he could quite easily tell us it's bollocks. IF he wants to. We'll see soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Send Hastie back to Ibrox and ask for Jordan Jones and George Edmundson till end of season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Send Hastie back to Ibrox and ask for Jordan Jones and George Edmundson till end of season

If they agreed to that Burrows would be as well asking for a ride at big Alex Gerrard as well

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ML1 said:

If they agreed to that Burrows would be as well asking for a ride at big Alex Gerrard as well

if they agree to that, i would personally ride burrows and yodo :danced:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ML1 said:

If they agreed to that Burrows would be as well asking for a ride at big Alex Gerrard as well

Well she isnae fussy, if the rumours are true

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Send Hastie back to Ibrox and ask for Jordan Jones and George Edmundson till end of season

to be fair its not a bad shout ( for once ) by yir man yodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's actually quite a few decent players in Scotland at the moment not getting game time.

To name a few....Dylan McGeouch, Stevie Mallan, Scott Allan, Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart and Scott Brown! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kmac said:

With Liam Kelly supposedly joining, should we be expecting Dolly Menga Next? 

Have we just given up on signing players and fully relying on Livi's contact book?

Is David Fernandez still kicking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is David Fernandez still kicking about?

Or Greg Strong. Tbh, would probably still start ahead of Mugabe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone from the area seen any players hanging about the landmarks of Motherwell getting their pictures taken for the club Twitter account?

Liam Kelly outside the Civic? Dolly Menga outside Mecca Bingo?  Anthony Stokes outside the Police Station?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are getting Liam Kelly in it's good work from the club. It's just a shame Archer couldn't play on Saturday but I don't blame him with the plastic. Crazy to think Robinson started Chapman over Archer a few times. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Send Hastie back to Ibrox

Aye tell them he’s broke and we need a replacement. Have we still got the packaging and receipt? Or maybe the guarantee is out of date? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

If the source close to Gallagher is a journalist just stirring it, you'd wonder how they knew the details of that clause in his contract. If it doesn't actually exist, mibbe he'd feel the need to say something about it. If.

I'd assume the source close to Gallacher is his agent, and he's just sounding out other clubs/trying to get things moving by citing this clause.

If his agent can get him a move to Celtic off the back of his performances this season then he deserves every penny of that commission.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit surprised to see St Mirren have signed Eamon Brophy from Kilmarnock on a pre contact. 

30 odd goals in 100 appearances for Killie. Nearly a goal in every 3 games (don’t think we’ve got anyone near these figures ?)

I know he played for Accies, but think he could have done a turn for us. 

Surely he’s the sort of player we should be looking at as opposed to some of the dross we’ve been subjected to recently ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×