2021/2022 Rebuild

Neilwell86

6 hours ago, smiddy said:

if he stays and plays, do you realistically think come march/ april  and the manager thought his head was right  that if the chance came up for him to score with a 50/50 where he would probably get an injury    does he go for it , or leave it,   i think i know the answer, with the carrot dangling in front of him he aint going to risk an injury,,,, bye bye TW dont let the door hit yir erse on the way out 

If he has signed a contract and he gets injured it doesn’t suddenly cease to exist.

If his head is screwed on and he is fit he should be playing. 

6 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

If he has signed a contract and he gets injured it doesn’t suddenly cease to exist.

If his head is screwed on and he is fit he should be playing. 

i didnt say it did ,,     do you think he would go a 100% committed into  the 50/50 where he might get injured     i dont think for a minute he would

3 minutes ago, smiddy said:

i didnt say it did ,,     do you think he would go a 100% committed into  the 50/50 where he might get injured     i dont think for a minute he would

Why wouldn’t he? He gets paid either way.

10 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Why wouldn’t he? He gets paid either way.

you wont want to go to your new club injured , as i said in my opinion he wouldnt    we can disagree all day but it wouldnt be clever to go to your new club injured, best for all if that door hits his arse and we forget about him and concentrate on who wants to be here ,,,,,,, happy new year gazzy n put me doon for one of your new joke books , all need something to keep me sane b4 i start back work :cheers:

Player have had their pre contracts cancelled due to injuries.

Celtic did it to a Polish player. Martyn Corrigan had apparently made an agreement to move down South before getting injured in his final game of the season and ended up staying at Fir Park. The same thing happened to Richard Brittain  when got injured after signing a pre contract with St Johnstone.

23 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Player have had their pre contracts cancelled due to injuries.

Celtic did it to a Polish player. Martyn Corrigan had apparently made an agreement to move down South before getting injured in his final game of the season and ended up staying at Fir Park. The same thing happened to Richard Brittain  when got injured after signing a pre contract with St Johnstone.

As far as I remember Richard Britain didn’t get injured. He changed his mind about going to St Johnstone and Ross County ended up having to pay compensation to get him out of it.

the question is ,,,, 

if he stays , and we play him, do we trust him in the situation i was asking regards to the 50/50 ?????? personally i dont, nothing to do with him as a guy, only the mindset says , dont get injured,

how do you see that steelboy ???????

2 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Whoever Mi'chel Parker is, he's left the club, with somewhat less hoo-haa than Tony Watt :-)

An absolute waste of a wage for 6 months.   Mrs grizzly asked me if Parker had left and I replied 'Yes m"lady',  one fir the older readers 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

An absolute waste of a wage for 6 months.   Mrs grizzly asked me if Parker had left and I replied 'Yes m"lady',  one fir the older readers 

Red card offence that one mate :lol: I'm sure you won't display a trace(y) of regret though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrahamH said:

As far as I remember Richard Britain didn’t get injured. He changed his mind about going to St Johnstone and Ross County ended up having to pay compensation to get him out of it.

He definitely got stretchered off at Fir Park. It was the final home game for Randolph, Humphrey, Hateley and Law.

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

He definitely got stretchered off at Fir Park. It was the final home game for Randolph, Humphrey, Hateley and Law.

Richard Brittain changed his mind about moving to Perth as his wife had taken seriously ill. St Johnstone wanted 50k to cancel but I'm not sure how that materialised as some sources said it was paid some say it wasn't. 

Motherwell wise, we cancelled a pre contract deal for a Finnish International called Harri Ylonen who signed during Kampman's era, same with a Faroe International who scored an equaliser against Scotland not long after but his name escapes me. 

23 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

Lets be clear, they need him in right now, so we play hard ball and make sure we screw them for every pound we can. If they don't come up with the cash , he stays until the end of the season.

I don't know the actual mechanics of any likely deal but yes you're right.  So, a rival club, United, want to sign one of our better players and for us to take 2 of their unwanted players off their hands and wage bill? Aye right!

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't know the actual mechanics of any likely deal but yes you're right.  So, a rival club, United, want to sign one of our better players and for us to take 2 of their unwanted players off their hands and wage bill? Aye right!

Agreed,any deal that involves getting a player off them shouldn't be up for discussion.the way the league is shaping up there a direct rival and there's no way we can give them our top scorer and get dross that can't get a game for them in return.i still think we will sign a striker no matter what happens with watt but I can see this rumbling on to the end of the month and him moving on then.

52 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

it's not aways terrible. 
Once upon a time we were desperate for Eddie May and offloaded Kirk and McGrillen. 

Can't say we won from that exchange.

I can't believe the club would entertain letting Watt go in January  middle of the season your top scorer probably at  peak fitness moving to a direct rival for the top 6, Euro places etc.

Tell untd to jog on and expect him in the summer having had no game time for 4 months, not match fit and bored from picking the skelfs from his arse from all that time on the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heisenboab said:

I know but maybe he's not settled in Belgium. United fans would be gutted :lol:

Rumors need to start somewhere...

His team rock bottom 10 points adrift 

Is there any way we could do a deal,loan or otherwise with the TW"fee"wages?with roberts goin back t hearts do we go back in for him or free up his loan wages,parker gone freeing up a minimal wage and talk of bevis going(hope not)looks to b a few quid in the coffers,just depends wot shankland is earning in belgium,could we get close to that,we know wot he can do in scottish football 103 goals in 158 games for ayr n utd 

As u said lets get the rumor started ; )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfc said:

Agreed,any deal that involves getting a player off them shouldn't be up for discussion.the way the league is shaping up there a direct rival and there's no way we can give them our top scorer and get dross that can't get a game for them in return.i still think we will sign a striker no matter what happens with watt but I can see this rumbling on to the end of the month and him moving on then.

I'd rather the club looked at all options...there may be a player there that could do us a turn

• Like 3

• David locked this topic