Jump to content

Neilwell86

2021/2022 Rebuild

Recommended Posts

When we cruised to a 3 - 1 win against Accies on their plastic, Campbell bossed Gogic the entire game.

I still like Gogic as a player though. I'd just hope our scouting system is more advanced than watching one game against us - I believe that's known in the trade as the "Simon Mensing Strategy".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ropy said:

I assume Gogic isn’t good enough for Hibs?

That's usually how we sign players in January. The other ones cost money we don't have.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would we need Gogic on top of Shaw?

We've just extended Maguire and Donnelly has started the last two matches so we  have three players for that role already plus Slattery did well in that position at Easter Road which makes four that can cover it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always thought Gogic was decent in the holding role and he could probably do a job. However, as others have said, we are well covered in that area, so dont really see the point. Money better spent elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake Hastie has 18 months of being paid a fortune to jog about. Madness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made relegation fodder Accies look world class on many occasion. 

There's been about 4 players in 15 years I would have taken from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Jake Hastie has 18 months of being paid a fortune to jog about. Madness

Cant blame him for that though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Jake Hastie has 18 months of being paid a fortune to jog about. Madness

Is it £5k a week? So £1M over 4 years in his early 20s.  He could buy a house then start a window cleaning outfit while he plays for the wee Rovers.  Set up for life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ropy said:

Is it £5k a week? So £1M over 4 years in his early 20s.  He could buy a house then start a window cleaning outfit while he plays for the wee Rovers.  Set up for life.

on the back of 9/10 games, great if you can get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is it £5k a week? So £1M over 4 years in his early 20s. 

That's a lot of Nando's.

(Also explains why Rangers scramble to raise additional millions every six months to stay afloat).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

on the back of 9/10 games, great if you can get it.

We should just be thankful it’s not us that gave him the long term contract on big money that some wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Jake Hastie has 18 months of being paid a fortune to jog about. Madness

No if your Jake Hastie it isn’t.     How long would most folk take to earn that?   I’m sure it won’t be anywhere near 18 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ropy said:

Is it £5k a week? So £1M over 4 years in his early 20s.  He could buy a house then start a window cleaning outfit while he plays for the wee Rovers.  Set up for life.

A very hefty income for anyone but presumably he'll be paying National Insurance and income tax at the highest rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A very hefty income for anyone but presumably he'll be paying National Insurance and income tax at the highest rate?

EBTs

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Can we sign Zak "I'm just here to score f**king goals" Rudden soon, anybody seen that clip? Belter

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3741558/zak-rudden-rangers-falkirk-apology-f-bomb/

Speaking with my work Colleague who’s a long Standing season ticket holder at Thistle, he’s surprised at the interest in him. Does not think he’s premiership level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Speaking with my work Colleague who’s a long Standing season ticket holder at Thistle, he’s surprised at the interest in him. Does not think he’s premiership level.

Nice try by your mate trying to throw off the scouts!

The few times I've seen him play he's looked decent, but how that would translate to the Premiership is always the big question. I think he's firmly in the "might have some potential" camp right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faissal el Bakhtaoui looked an absolute standout at East End but failed to make the grade at a higher level with Dundee. Quite a few promising players in the Championship fail to make the step up to the Premiership. Potential isn't always realised.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Faissal el Bakhtaoui looked an absolute standout at East End but failed to make the grade at a higher level with Dundee. Quite a few promising players in the Championship fail to make the step up to the Premiership. Potential isn't always realised.

 

and lots of times it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think rudden would be worth a gamble if we could get him on a pre contract,I'm not sure about us spending money on him this month if watt moves on though.if watt leaves and we can get a half decent replacement,I can see us having a good second half of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfc said:

I think rudden would be worth a gamble if we could get him on a pre contract,I'm not sure about us spending money on him this month if watt moves on though.if watt leaves and we can get a half decent replacement,I can see us having a good second half of the season.

alot will also depend how much the opposing teams have managed to strengthen or not too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

A very hefty income for anyone but presumably he'll be paying National Insurance and income tax at the highest rate?

Income tax!! He  plays for Rangers Dave, they probably  run special tax dodging classes after training

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×