Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Spiderpig

1 minute ago, C&A not the shop said:

We're set up better for winning games against Rangers and Celtic than we have been for a while. We're not reliant on having possession to score, we look to go front to back quickly, we've a threat from set pieces and we don't concede a lot. 

That said our defence hasn't come up against a team with rangers quality yet but still I can see it being a tight game tomorrow. Might see the "hammer throwers" patter getting dragged back out (it definitely will if we get a result).

I’ll be more than happy to take that abuse 

3 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Don't look thru claret and amber tinted specks, if Aberdeen had been any good at finishing they would have beat us last week.

Nah. After the first 5 minutes we defended really well and restricted their opportunities to half chances where Kelly was well positioned.

We had the 4 best chances in the game, and took 2 of them.

31 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Details, details. A pedant's dream.

1. 16:35  Checked score Hibs winning 2-1

2 16:38 Entered kitchen to collect car keys

3.16:45 went to off sales, beer fridge refilled

4. 18;00 no further scored Checked, still think Hibs won.

5. 18:22 post submitted .

Will that do or will the missing 1hr 15 mins keep you up at night. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of factors have got us to where we are today - better and different recruitment, a shift in tactics and less naïveté during the game, and a resilience and physicality that means we are less willing to roll over like we did in the past. Today will see all of that tested more robustly than before but I feel modestly confident we can pass that test if we apply ourselves properly. Every game has seen a raising of our standards, and today it will require a significant but achievable lift. But we can do it - COYW!!

We only seem to give ourselves a chance when they're playing shite ("we'll never have a better opportunity etc etc"), so it's nice to go into this with a bit of confidence because of what we're doing right rather than what they're doing wrong. It just feels like we've got a team that won't be fazed in the slightest. 

38 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

A lot of factors have got us to where we are today.................................and.......physicality that means we are less willing to roll over like we did in the past.

Careful now, some folk will view that as a being a talentless team of hammer throwers. 

13 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

1. 16:35  Checked score Hibs winning 2-1

2 16:38 Entered kitchen to collect car keys

3.16:45 went to off sales, beer fridge refilled

4. 18;00 no further scored Checked, still think Hibs won.

5. 18:22 post submitted .

Will that do or will the missing 1hr 15 mins keep you up at night. :)

That was pettiness rather than pedantry, but you're headed in the right direction.

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Careful now, some folk will view that as a being a talentless team of hammer throwers. 

Only if that is what takes priority.

I have never seen any posters complain about players who can be physical. I have seen plenty of posters - myself included - who want to see a balanced team that includes some ball-winners and some players whose priority is to put their foot on the ball and find a pass.

There's a reason Turnbull commanded our record transfer fee and it's not because of his tackling.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Only if that is what takes priority.

I have never seen any posters complain about players who can be physical. I have seen plenty of posters - myself included - who want to see a balanced team that includes some ball-winners and some players whose priority is to put their foot on the ball and find a pass.

There's a reason Turnbull commanded our record transfer fee and it's not because of his tackling.

Absolutely.  However DT was always hard to physically knock off the ball. He could withstand a heavy challenge and still retain possession.

13 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Solholm took a knock against Aberdeen and was hobbling a wee bit in the second half. Pretty sure after his performance last week that he would be in the squad if fit. Pity, certainly looked to fit in well beside Ojala.

The manager said everyone was fit for this game???