In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'll miss Fitzy or D.Smith. The squad is still very thin it has to be said, but I like the cut of Gannons gib and fully expect to see a few more players before the transfer window shuts. Sooner rather than later preferably!

There is a shit load of Darren Smiths through the lower leagues. But if he ends up there its turning into a Well XI - Kaiser, Kinni, Jim Hamilton.. :lol:

Certainly don't think they have been shown the door. The must now know they are not needed at FP so I'd guess they'll be looking elsewhere and Motherwell will let them leave when they find a club.

Bit upset about Fitzy. He was the same as Shaun Fagan when he was here, I always wanted him to do well just to get one up the boo boys. Although Fagan was never the most gifted, I always thought Fitzy had it in him. Bit disappointed to see him leave as he was beginning to come onto a game imo.

Not bothered about Smith tbh, never really showed the bottle to cut it at this level.

Has this been confirmed? Anyway I quite liked Darren Smith,seemed to score quite a few goals in his rather limited playing time. Not without his flaws though and Gannon will pick his own men,normal for a new manager. I'm sure he'll get fixed up somewhere.

Fitzy,for me, was never more than a squad player but had some good games last season. Forbes shows more passing ability and with Jennings looking like a workhorse type and now Reynolds(belatedly) been considered for the same position it's not much of a surprise. Still,we'll always have Easter Road Marc. Good luck lads!

Can't comment on Darren but Marc has not been told he's surplus to requirements....sorry to disappoint you all.

Good, I like Fitzy and think he has a lot to offer. Think if he gets the chance he could play the holding role well in one of Gannon's many systems.

Can't see us releasing anyone at the moment as our squad is threadbare, in my opinion we need at least another 4-5 signings to keep us going throughout the season. We desperately need a RB, centre half, centre forward and we need some cover for injuries & to add competition for places.

I think there will still be a place for guys like marc and darren in our squad come the start of the spl season, apart from coke and ruddy I haven't really been all that impressed with our new signings!

Sorry is this he same player I have been watching for years. Can't pass, can't tackle, Has no pace, weak in the air, gets pushed off the ball far too easily, no where near mobile enough to play in midfield. Forbes has come in and done more in six games than Fitz has done in 2 years. Nothing against the guy but if we want Motherwell Football Club to move forward we really should be looking at better than Fitz. Sorry!

See before you said that, you did know roadrunner is his maw, aye? :P

Thing is, I like Fitzy and think if asked and needed he WILL do a job for us but, for whatever reason, he became a scrapegoat and everyone through the blame at him, when there was absolute no need to do so, god, maybe scoring in THAT semi-final was thw worst thing he could have done. :P

For Darren, I WAS a great admirer of his and wished him to come off the bench and make an impact like he has done a few times.

Like someone said, I don't they have been asked to leave and will be at the club for this season as we can't afford to let players go, especially when they are capable of doing a job.

But I think both players now realise it isn't going to be very easy making the bench. never mind the first team and it'll show there character if they decide for the easy option to leave and play at a lower level or try and get themselves in the frame again.

Sorry is this he same player I have been watching for years. Can't pass, can't tackle, Has no pace, weak in the air, gets pushed off the ball far too easily, no where near mobile enough to play in midfield. Forbes has come in and done more in six games than Fitz has done in 2 years. Nothing against the guy but if we want Motherwell Football Club to move forward we really should be looking at better than Fitz. Sorry!

Fitzpatrick is a completly different type of player than forbes though so its a bit of an unfair comparison? For me fitzpatrick does all the dirty work that allows the guys with flair to play, more like the role that gannon has brought jennings in to play.

Fitzpatrick is a completly different type of player than forbes though so its a bit of an unfair comparison? For me fitzpatrick does all the dirty work that allows the guys with flair to play, more like the role that gannon has brought jennings in to play.

He is a different type of player he is a poor mans Keith Lasley & possibly Jennings...

Can't fault him for effort but I don't think hes good enough.

I still don't think that with a squad the size we have at the moment, we can afford to be letting go of guys that will come in and do a turn when they are needed.

I think Gannon is better qualified to be the judge of that, but hey your entitled to your opinion. Personally I'd rather their wages were spent on someone else, as both players just aint good enough, and many on here have known it for some time!

I think Gannon is better qualified to be the judge of that, but hey your entitled to your opinion. Personally I'd rather their wages were spent on someone else, as both players just aint good enough, and many on here have known it for some time!
Is this the same 'many' that knew Clarky wasn't good enough for some time? Or that Bob Malcom was good enough?

Fitzpatrick has played under three 'Well managers - whether you like them or not they are a better judge of footballers than anyone on here will ever be, if JG doesn't see him fitting into his team then he may be told to leave - I'd be disappointed but could understand it. Fitzpatrick has done well for us more often than not. Smith has notched the odd important goal and not done a fat lot else. He'll be less of a loss. However I'm more concerned about the ins than the outs at the moment - a right back must be a must before the weekend? No?

I think that Fitzpatrick would be useful in the hard winter months when people are booting Forbes up in the air. I also reckon he'd be of more use against the likes of the Old Firm as he's better at the moment at tracking runners, and the other ugly defensive stuff.

Given that we have Humphrey, O'Brien, Murphy, Slane and possibly McGarry ahead of him in the queue, it's hard to make an argument for keeping Smith in the squad for cover. Even Coke and Forbes can play the attacking midfielder role. As much as I like the guy, his time appears to be up.

In midfield or on the wings right now we have

Jennings

Coke

Forbes

Slane

Lasley

Humphrey

O'Brien

Murphy

and mibbe even Reynolds now

all ahead of Fitzpatrick and Smith. Are we not wasting two wages on these guys? Midfield is the one area of the field we look well covered...