Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

most of the lads from up the far of the east stand were denied entry, no flags, drums etc allowed in.

heard someone next to us talking about this. absolutely ridiculous from United. That's everything that is wrong with football these days. Clubs should be embracing those guys not driving them away. :wallbash:

• Like 1

Fairly enjoyed todays game. Thought we would have got a draw from the match but delighted to walk away from Tannadice with all three points today. Thought Higgy played very well winning pretty much everything that was thrown up to him. Chuft as to see the big man notch a double today. At the back I thought Clancy and Hateley were our two best defenders today. Clancy for me was slightly behind Hateley for man of the match. Great result going into the two week international break. Lets hope we can get ourselfs a few good training sessions and a few days rest and then be prepared and ready for the league game in a few weeks.

All 'Well fans enjoy your night and hopefully get a good drink in ye!! :cheers:

thats a fantastic result was at work today didn't see that coming at all.

for all the years ive went to dundee i seen us score 3 goals in 5 years and the only two games ive missed we won 4-0 and now this 3-1 = im staying away from tannadice more often

COYW

heard someone next to us talking about this. absolutely ridiculous from United. That's everything that is wrong with football these days. Clubs should be embracing those guys not driving them away. :wallbash:

Aye, even the polis outside seemed confused by the Dundee united security. Turned up to have the chief steward and the head of security waiting on us. As far as our contact with the club go we'd been told all the flags etc had been cleared at the pre-ops meeting. A lot more heavy handed than Celtic park up there now. Mile out.

A protest banner saying "heavy hands empty stands" in claret and amber text appeared in the Dundee end though...

We were (mostly) denied entry with flags/drum even after clarification these were allowed. The stewards began to pick people out individually and state that they would be "a risk to H&S inside the stadium" and one by one we weren't allowed to enter the ground. After arguing for about 20-30 mins we decided if one wasn't going in, no-one was (bar a few who'd entered before this happened). Their H&S representative in particular was a total prick, enforcing "her stewards" to block the gates to anyone who got off our bus so she could grant them access one by one if she thought they'd cause no harm in the stadium. Even when we told her we were going round to the office to complain she was straight on her radio ensuring all stewards ensured no 'Well fans were allowed near the offices in the Main Stand. Apparently the continuous beating of the drum and vigorous waving of our flags, she'd decide who was allowed in and who wasn't. Adopted the one out - all out attitude before we even got in.

Even the police were trying to get her down from her high horse, backing us up saying we weren't causing any harm and only trying to do good things inside the stadium. Sadly she wasn't for listening to anyone today, so none of us got in. Big thanks to the OB up there I guess, helped us out a lot with this lass on her authority trip.

Managed to get 3 of us into the home end with a spray-painted banner held up at half time saying "HEAVY HANDS = EMPTY STANDS". Not sure exactly how many seen it but it pretty much summed our trip up exactly.

Oh well, hope she had fun today enforcing her shitey rules, won't stop us doing what we do anywhere else. Actually worse now there than at Celtic, and I thought that would be hard to top. Could have easily made another grand on admission alone from the lads on our bus; their loss and the pub landlord's gain!

piss poor. and most of the lads from up the far of the east stand were denied entry, no flags, drums etc allowed in.

They were talking about this on Your Call on Radio Scotland - about how Motherwell are 2nd and should have more of a travelling support.

I think we all know the multitude of reasons why it doesnt happen, but I thought today's away support was pretty poor in terms of numbers, but got right behind the team. We were looking for the drums and flags to join in but didn't see anyone!

We were (mostly) denied entry with flags/drum even after clarification these were allowed. The stewards began to pick people out individually and state that they would be "a risk to H&S inside the stadium" and one by one we weren't allowed to enter the ground. After arguing for about 20-30 mins we decided if one wasn't going in, no-one was (bar a few who'd entered before this happened). Their H&S representative in particular was a total prick, enforcing "her stewards" to block the gates to anyone who got off our bus so she could grant them access one by one if she thought they'd cause no harm in the stadium. Even when we told her we were going round to the office to complain she was straight on her radio ensuring all stewards ensured no 'Well fans were allowed near the offices in the Main Stand. Apparently the continuous beating of the drum and vigorous waving of our flags, she'd decide who was allowed in and who wasn't. Adopted the one out - all out attitude before we even got in.

Even the police were trying to get her down from her high horse, backing us up saying we weren't causing any harm and only trying to do good things inside the stadium. Sadly she wasn't for listening to anyone today, so none of us got in. Big thanks to the OB up there I guess, helped us out a lot with this lass on her authority trip.

Managed to get 3 of us into the home end with a spray-painted banner held up at half time saying "HEAVY HANDS = EMPTY STANDS". Not sure exactly how many seen it but it pretty much summed our trip up exactly.

Oh well, hope she had fun today enforcing her shitey rules, won't stop us doing what we do anywhere else. Actually worse now there than at Celtic, and I thought that would be hard to top. Could have easily made another grand on admission alone from the lads on our bus; their loss and the pub landlord's gain!

I think you need to publicise this in the media lads. Keep up the good work BTW. A breath of fresh air.

In addition to that, Radio Scotland can bite ma banger. Good of them to remember that the league is bigger than two teams when they decide we're ripe for criticising. Hypocrites and charlatans, every last one.

Absolutely unbelievable! Do these people not realise that if they continue down that path they are condemning the very game they are meant to "protect"!

One of the reasons we went today was because of the great atmosphere the guys created at Dunfermline the last time out and we were looking forward to another great away day with plenty of singing and banter. I'm sure I wasn't the only person who noticed how quiet it was without you lot today.

In addition to that, Radio Scotland can bite ma banger. Good of them to remember that the league is bigger than two teams when they decide we're ripe for criticising. Hypocrites and charlatans, every last one.

I actually thought they were alright on it. They corrected themselves when Jim Spence said that Rangers are 10 points clear, and kept pointing out that Motherwell were 2nd, and even promoted Motherwell splitting the OF as a (slightly patronising IMO) discussion topic. It's a lot better than the OF wank-fest that is Clyde 1 SuperScoreboard. Only problem is that instead of slurring weegies they have slurring teuchters who are even more indecipherable!

Anyone want to own up to being 'Motherwell fan Jamie on his way home from the game'?

that is really pathetic & i hope it costs her, her job. we did notice it was much quieter today (pity). i would contact stephen thomson, writing him & stress how much her heavy handed treatment has cost his club today. we saw your banner at half-time for the short time it was displayed. what a disgusting way to treat fans. i was so pleased to win the 3 points but more so now. i hope you will not let her put you off your good work, lads

We were rampant. The whole team were superb. Pernis' gaff is the receipt for John Ruddy's howler at Tannadice in 2009. A leveller that I took much comfort from :lol:

Away end was pretty quiet today and now I know why. If the people responsible for bringing a drum, flags, banners etc. into the ground have the common courtesy and maturity to contact the Club they are visiting BEFORE the game to gain permission and iron out any difficulties with their staff, yet STILL get refused entry after they appear to be given the thumbs up, I'm not sure what they are doing up in Dundee. Very disappointing to hear.

Actually given how well McCall has reacted and mentioned the support you lads give the team on a few occasions you could do worse than get him banging the drum in the press (pardon the shite pun). Might get a bit more positive publicity coming from the gaffer than what could be seen as a few young lads trying to grab the limelight in the press. And thats not meant to be an insult to anyone but its how it could be seen from the outside.

I actually thought they were alright on it. They corrected themselves when Jim Spence said that Rangers are 10 points clear, and kept pointing out that Motherwell were 2nd, and even promoted Motherwell splitting the OF as a (slightly patronising IMO) discussion topic. It's a lot better than the OF wank-fest that is Clyde 1 SuperScoreboard. Only problem is that instead of slurring weegies they have slurring teuchters who are even more indecipherable!

Anyone want to own up to being 'Motherwell fan Jamie on his way home from the game'?

Ach, its more a groan from after the St. Johnstone game carried over. I'd come down with Saintees from Perth and on the way back Traynor and Co. were whining about how they were even handed with all the teams while talking incessantly about the Old Firm. It hacked all four of us in the car off, when in all fairness to them, was a great result, yet all the chat was about the Old Firm game the next day. It seemed a bit rich for anyone on Sportsound to comment on the negative today, when again, we've had a terrific result and some of the fans have had a shit day as well.

Living in Dundee allows me to escape Clyde one, thankfully.

A great impressive result today that I didn't really expect - well done to the team :thumbup:

Another couple of things that have impressed me reading about the guys refused entry was the way that guys not in the singing section missed the drums and flags, the way the guys handled themselves when not allowed in and the fact they had spare gear to make an improptue banner - well done lads :notworthy:

It was a bit manic today. We made the decision to go at quarter to two and missed the first 20 of the game and were met with stewards outside holding back some of the lads with the drums and banners and after 20 questions were allowed in- top tier only though.

As for the game, comfortable. We never looked in any danger from what I saw and always looked dangerous going forward. Higdon had his best game fOr us, led the line superbly with law and Hunphrey being only too eager to support. Murphy is still out of sorts, maybe carrying a knock? Either way he looked generally disinterested and a bit off the pace. Maybe need the break to rejuvenate him.

Should also mention that Clancy had a great game. Strolled It.

United were as poor as I've saw them in many years, bereft of ideas and talent other than a long hack towards daly with dalla Valle running in behind him. Very poor.

great feeling to get that result toay and lookd at league table about 20 times now ;-) nice to see us sitting way up there. However, just read all the stuff about the Utd stewards. Seems like the attitude of these people needs an adjustment, including at fripark, Hopefully the supporters association ( or it seems people in the clube know what is said on here ) can adress this through the club and the clubs or SFA can fix this siuaiton and get those little hitlers knocked into shape.

Also recall story on here fom one guy about how he was treated at St Mirren. Very very frustrating especially when you see all the the comments coming from the other supporters about how it adds to the entertainement and atmpsphere.

Lets hope the club can help sort this crap out so that these fans can continue to bring their positive contribution to a sport that so badly needs positives.