Fir Park : Is It Time To Move

Spiderpig

I'm now buying texas lotto tickets on a regular basis!! Although winning it may be easier than talking the wife into letting me spend it on Fir Park.

We need someone to go find some rich foreigner with more money than sense although someone not foreign with mor emoney than sense would also work.

I'm now buying texas lotto tickets on a regular basis!! Although winning it may be easier than talking the wife into letting me spend it on Fir Park.

We need someone to go find some rich foreigner with more money than sense although someone not foreign with mor emoney than sense would also work.

Craig whyte? He only spent a quid on his last investment evilgrin.gif

Las thing we need is someone with more money than sense coming in, happened before and look where it took us.

Quite happy to sail along as we're going, throwing money at it never got us to where we currently sit, financial prudence did, and if that measn we don't get a shiny new soulless lego build then so be it. Quite happy to sit/stand in the 'rivers of pish' we've been subjected to for the last few decades.

Love this "soulless" "flat pack" "legoland" shite people trot out when we talk about new stadiums. Its a fucking pile of bricks,the soul and atmosphere comes from those within it and those on the park! Aye St Midden park ain't the Nou Camp but revise the plans to have the stands 1 or 2 meters closer to the pitch and a bit of a steeper pitch on the terrace and you've got a very tidy ground for under £8m. Not bad really.

Were never gonna need over 14,000 seats so ur limited to a small bowl or 4 stands. I couldn't give a fuck how they look from the outside or if they're breezeblock,get it close to the pitch and a bit of steepness and ur laughing

Love this "soulless" "flat pack" "legoland" shite people trot out when we talk about new stadiums. Its a fucking pile of bricks,the soul and atmosphere comes from those within it and those on the park!

It's not just about atmosphere. If you are sitting on a wee plastic seat with your knees on your chin and shoulders wedged between your two neighbours then it can be a miserable experience.

We can debate this until the cows come home...It ain't happening...If we had to cut our wage budget by £250K this season we don't have two pennies to rub together. There is no knight in shining armour coming to buy any proposed land or lend it to us or just buy a stadium for us. The club is being handed to the fans for basically £250k with no cash surplus to buy a new kettle never mind a stadium. Big dose of realism required and if anything we need every penny we can get to stay afloat as this recession is biting deep and with power bills getting increased then thats another increase in expenditure the club doesn't need.

I feel sorry for those running the club and the balancing act they have to do with sometimes ultra unrealistic fans who want instant success using buttons and they want it yesterday with no excuses. We are a mid to bottom end SPL club and always will be, some seasons we will be top six other years bottom six and one season a decade maybe fighting relegation. Thats what we will be looking at in the next 5-10 years IF we remain tight with the cash and sell a few players.

It's not just about atmosphere. If you are sitting on a wee plastic seat with your knees on your chin and shoulders wedged between your two neighbours then it can be a miserable experience.

It bet every penny I own that any new ground is like the Hilton for comfort compared to the embarrassment of a stadium we currently reside in.

It bet every penny I own that any new ground is like the Hilton for comfort compared to the embarrassment of a stadium we currently reside in.

The plastic seats at nearly every ground in the SPL are supplied by the same company so is a plastic seat say at Tynecastle for example more comfortable than the same one at Fir park?

The plastic seats at nearly every ground in the SPL are supplied by the same company so is a plastic seat say at Tynecastle for example more comfortable than the same one at Fir park?

Not the seats as such,more the legroom is better in new grounds,plus we have those shocking wooden benches in the POD.

Youv been away too long. We can level many things at st mirren& all the other new grounds, but lack of leg room & general space, is not one of them!

Youv been away too long. We can level many things at st mirren& all the other new grounds, but lack of leg room & general space, is not one of them!

I do come home from time to time you know, and go to the games. The only place I get legroom these days is at the cinema.

The Phil O'Donnell stand is exempt from fire regulations as it can't be fire proofed because of its age... When I was working in the stadium as ground staff we couldnt use the power washer as the water would pour thru into the offices and faculties below meaning we had to do the seats in that stand by hand... If the water can pour through into the the rooms below I'm sure any fire in the rooms below would easily break though and cause a Bradford type fire in the stands... Given the height of the pod and the age of most the fans in the stand it takes little imagination to imagine the casualties if it were to happen

• Like 1

The Phil O'Donnell stand is exempt from fire regulations as it can't be fire proofed because of its age... When I was working in the stadium as ground staff we couldnt use the power washer as the water would pour thru into the offices and faculties below meaning we had to do the seats in that stand by hand... If the water can pour through into the the rooms below I'm sure any fire in the rooms below would easily break though and cause a Bradford type fire in the stands... Given the height of the pod and the age of most the fans in the stand it takes little imagination to imagine the casualties if it were to happen

So what your saying then, is that we should seat the rangers and celtic fans there when they play at fir park? :ph34r: