2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Appreciate, the the thought, but having considered how we've done in terms of lost causes in England, in gaining them bigger contracts or higher profile places, I refuse to believe that we, as a country, and especially club, look like an unattractive proposition.

I see what you're saying, but our net, to me, this year, has been cast outrageously narrow.

Like that most regular of captures of Scottish sides - an Estonian from the Norwegian league? Or a Faroese keeper from Denmark?

In all seriousness though I'm not sure you can say that with any assurance.

Few if any of us have any idea of where McCall focuses his attentions, where he gets reports and videos from.

The one thing he certainly seems to heavily utilise is former players from past clubs and from connections made.

It cuts both ways. McGhee spoke often of connections but was slated as he rarely seemed to deliver from them, McCall has been criticised by some who perhaps believe he has overplayed the connections route.

Like that most regular of captures of Scottish sides - an Estonian from the Norwegian league? Or a Faroese keeper from Denmark?

In all seriousness though I'm not sure you can say that with any assurance.

Few if any of us have any idea of where McCall focuses his attentions, where he gets reports and videos from.

The one thing he certainly seems to heavily utilise is former players from past clubs and from connections made.

It cuts both ways. McGhee spoke often of connections but was slated as he rarely seemed to deliver from them, McCall has been criticised by some who perhaps believe he has overplayed the connections route.

Throw a French born winger who last played in the MLS in the good old US of A, who has been on 2 weeks trial into the equation' and methinks the criticism is a wee bit skewed.

Quote from McCall post-match v Thistle....

"It's been frustrating, the last 10 days. We've been knocked back by a few, but we'll be hopeful of adding somebody before the window closes."

Personally I thought we dealt with him well, first of all down our right, Ramsden took no prisoners with him and then Hammell, who had a poor game generally, kept him quiet when he switched to the other side. There were a few moments where his pace got him the chance to cross but other than that he was average.

Anyone still think Higginbotham is no great loss?!?!

He would WALK into our team this season.

He was a bit unlucky in his spell with us, in that he might have got the game time he needed if we hadnt signed faddy.

Something about his style reminds me a bit of davie cooper.

Anyone still think Higginbotham is no great loss?!?!

He would WALK into our team this season.

Really?

How many chances did he create? How many times did he test Hollis?

As per a few step overs, got into good areas and failed to deliver a telling ball.

A typical Higginbotham performance as far as I can see and yesterday did nothing to change my mind that he's no great loss.

See that Dylan McGeouch has been talking about wanting to stay at Celtic and fight for first team place, so that's another possible to score off the list.

McCall all but ruled him out a few days ago anyway, because he was told he didn't really want to play out-and-out right wing.

Anyone suggesting Higginbottom's representative didn't give us a heads up before he went to Firhill? No .... good, because if he was worth anything he would have been on the phone to McCall telling him the lie of the land, its obvious McCall didn't see merit in his signing so let him go. Any money both the player and his agent would have seen us as better for his exposure (Europe, top 6 consistently, etc.) than Thistle.

Also, while Lawless was OK on Saturday, he hardly shone in the way that some on here have made out letting him go was the biggest error since letting an Italian be the captain of a cruise ship.

Have faith in the cagey ginger one, he will deliver

• Like 2