2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Motherwell assistant Kenny Black says the club will not make a fresh offer to Tom Hateley after the defender failed to find a new club following his rejection of a new contract at Fir Park.

Full story: Daily Record (print edition)

If we only have enough left in the budget to bring 1 more player in, don't think this would be a good idea.

We really need a winger as McCall has been saying himself.

Unless there is someone about to leave?

Think it may also just be the Record talking to his dad and being reminded that he still has no club. He will not be back at the Well so good luck but not or concern any more. Bye Bye Tom

Would be good to know if these boys on trial look the part if anybody has seen them?

Sam Sheridan formerly of Stockport and Ritchie Jones formerly of Man U. Various, both on trial at the club.

A lad from Blackpool called Ramone Blackett given the boot earlier this week after failing to impress on trial.

Ritchie Jones is a crackin footballer,sure he is right wing but by no means pacy. More of a tidy technically sound player with a decent engine

Watched 3mins of that guy Sam Sheridan on the YouTube video & I reckon he is better than any midfielder was have at the moment. Can pass long & short & looks really good on the ball. Get him McCall.

I always hard to tell from 10 minutes of edited You Tube footage, however this boy looks as though he can play a bit.

Yeah, got to take it with a pinch of salt, they might not show the other 75% of his big diagonals that end up in row Z; but I guess that's why you get these guys in for a better look.. But does look capable of making progressive forward thinking passes, which we seem to lack slightly at the minute. Additionally, his video is much better and longer than Casagolda's, which was mostly him taking a first touch and trapping the ball.

Just watched him as well UBH and it is very hard to tell. Centre mid again but he can ping a ball for fun and he looks like he can see a pass. We need width and pace so no worries they grow on trees as we all know!

I trust the manager and it's his job to make the hard decisions. I think when you see players like Sheridan looking for a club it shows you how many good players are out there trying to find work. This may explain why Tom Hateley has not found a club yet it looks like he has just disappeared into a very large crowd! Wheres wally??

This may explain why Tom Hateley has not found a club yet it looks like he has just disappeared into a very large crowd! Wheres wally??

Exactly, Tom was on to a good thing at Motherwell, regular games, regular income and now the harsh reality of no team to play for has probably just hit him. A lesson learned, never quit your job, unless you have another job to go to.

Watched 3mins of that guy Sam Sheridan on the YouTube video & I reckon he is better than any midfielder was have at the moment. Can pass long & short & looks really good on the ball. Get him McCall.

in 3 minutes of footage out of context you have made him better than all our midfielders.

You should apply to be chief scout at Fir Park.

• Like 3

For info the mystery winger on trial is still st the club.

He played for the U/20's in a bounce match against Morton today, think it finished 1-1, had to jook before F/T.

Lee Erwin managed to win 2 pens, scored 1 himself and then said trialist missed the other.

2-1 in Motherwells' favour. Winger was anonymous in first half, coming on to a game second half. Not first team material at this time, which is the demand st this time.

Erwin impressed.

If it's this Sam Sheridan, he looks a decent player (good range of passing), but seems to play mostly at centre mid so perhaps a Nicky Law replacement (i.e. attack minded mid) as opposed to a winger:

to be honest, an attack minded player is just what we need right now, our midfielders have no creative flair and if there's someone who we can bring in that will connect the midfield to the forwards by through balls and not just humps up the park then I'm all for him

So Mark, wheres all these English clubs that want yer boy....... :whistling:

http://www.dailyreco...ell-son-1956283

* Still, got to say if he hasn't burned his bridges with the team and McCall, and we have budget, I would have him back. IMO.

Mark Hateleys comments are bordering on lunacy. So lets get this straight.

Toms move is not about money. Its about his development as a player

If thats the case why leave the club where you have played over 100 top level games in the SPL and Europe? Also the club that I am sure offered you a very good contract.

The guy is a greedy cunt.

Toms move is not about money. Its about his development as a player

If thats the case why leave the club where you have played over 100 top level games in the SPL and Europe?

Because there's a fair chance you're not going to develop much further as a player (or in any job) by doing the same thing week in, week out at the same club against the same opponents? He was very consistent in his time with us, which is a great asset in itself, but he rarely looked like he was about to step up to the next level. (If, indeed, he's capable of doing so at all.)

• Like 1

That's interesting. He was sat in front of me in PO'D stand during the evening match when we beat Celtic last season and he was a real gentleman: responding positively to all requests for photos and autographs and chatting to me and fellow Well fans about aspects of the game. In fact, my mates and I shook his hand as he left and wished him well in his career.

You should have went the full hog and sucked him off as well.

• Like 2