2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Ainsworth is heading to the states. Don't know what club. Hutchinson is heading to a championship club down south. Pretty certain its Birmingham but not 100% sure.

Ainsworth:

Source? What's changed since this story where he wanted to play in europe? http://www.teamtalk.com/league-one/9194339/Transfer-news-Lionel-Ainsworth-hoping-to-land-Motherwell-contract

MLS makes salaries public. While there are some players that get the big numbers, I always find it interesting to see the full list. Lots of guys on there who don't earn a whole lot - especially when you compare it to other US team sports.

MLS Salaries by Player (pdf file)

Some huge numbers $6M for Defoe. 900Kplus for Kenny Miller

Some huge numbers $6M for Defoe. 900Kplus for Kenny Miller

There definitely are, but also a fair amount of players in the $50 - $120k range, which is less than many out our club I would think.

There definitely are, but also a fair amount of players in the $50 - $120k range, which is less than many out our club I would think.

interesting stuff, but what is not shown?

accommodation

relocation

vehicles

return flights

schooling

could certainly be very appealing to players at a certain stage of career, even if salary is only comparable.

Standard wage seems to be $48,500.

Wouldn't mind it myself but not a lot in the football world. Guessing most established first team players in the Scottish Premiership would be on at least twice than much.

Faddy failed his medical at Motherwell last year and by all accounts would fail it again and also any other club interested in signing him.

Motherwell took the gamble because of who he is and what the club means to him. Expect to see him gracing the Fir Park turf wearing C&A next season.

Tend to agree with that, and in addition he has not had a great season on the pitch, one or 2 games playing like we know he can but overall he has been at best average in most games. Will that sort of form bring in better offers from other clubs, i don't think it will. So i fully expect him to be at Fir park next season as well.

Faddy has some offers from the MLS on the table. It's up to him and his family whether they take it, however it's a payday that won't be forthcoming on these shores. If he turns it down, I expect him to be here next season, on a slighty reduced wage.

I'd heard similar, but in an eastern direction round the globe, rather than west.

Additionally, fine, fine gif you've added as your avater.

McManus interviewed in today's Herald and speaks very positively about time at Fir Park. He also remarked that there's no pint in haggling over salaries in Scotland as the difference in salaries offered by clubs is not significant enough to make any difference. He's content to stay at Fir Park because of how it feels to be there.

Not that concerned about this summer. I seem to remember a lot of discussion last summer as to whether McCall was a manager capable of rebuilding a squad. I think he's answered that question.

Other reasons for my lack of concern? For me, our two key players for next season, Sutton and Vigurs, are under contract. I fully expect Lasley, Hammell and McManus to stay on. I'd expect Reid to sign a deal. That's a pretty decent framework of a team there. Add in Anier, Leitch, Carswell, Erwin, Kerr, Angol and Murray and it doesn't quite look as bleak as some would like us to think. Obviously Ainsworth and McFadden, if they go, would be a big loss but I have faith in McCall to be able to find replacements.

The real hope for next season has to be not a top three finish, but to see guys like Leitch, Carswell, Murray, Angol and Erwin develop into players to fill the large hole that will be left when Lasley, McManus, Sutton and Hammell aren't around.

Summer shopping list? A keeper and a center back. And possibly replacements for Ainsworth and McFadden. Not out of the question if we free up wages of Hutchinson, one of the keepers, McHugh, Cummins and maybe Ramsden (although, I could make a case for keeping him).

I'm not worried...

• Like 1

I haven't we can forget him he's crap. Can see Ainsworth,Faddy and Hutchie leaving and trust McCall to bring in suitable replacements although need to get someone to drive him to get them. :whistling:

Ramsden's crap? The guy who would have strolled player of the year if he hadn't been injured?

I thought we had a more settled looking back four with him at right back.

I tend to agree but he's not getting any younger and will he be fit for preseason training? Could make a case for him at centre back and Reid at right back. Personally, if we're replacing Hutchinson, I'd be going for someone less blood and thunder to play alongside McManus. Feel he and Hutchinson are too similar in style...

Spoke with the man himself recently and he's had three operations now due to the 1st one having debris left in the wound, he's hoping to get there for pre-season at least.

He played central in an emergency, he's done it most of his career but he's definitely a right back, unlike Tom Hately

Reid has done well and Kerr is a decent back up but Ramsden is way better than both when fit.

Ramsden is the best defender when fit but how often is that? You can have the best player in the world in the squad, but if he's out injured for long spells he's of no use to the team.

Can't legislate for a surgeon leaving a bit of plastic in your knee. If he clear of injury now we should offer him another years deal. He is arguably as good a defender as we have and despite some reservations I'd prefer to keep him.

Can't legislate for a surgeon leaving a bit of plastic in your knee. If he clear of injury now we should offer him another years deal. He is arguably as good a defender as we have and despite some reservations I'd prefer to keep him.

another year on top of the one he already has?:blink: