2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

more like £300 a week, motherwell players are on pennies thats why they are going south to league one and league two... thats where the £3-4k a week deals are.

Nah you're right, £1.6m wage budget (or there about's last time I heard), considering most of the youth team will be on buttons, we must have the highest paid chef in the league.

I see Maths like strip design wasn't a strongpoint at school, but at least you can pick out a gem of a signing because they get an average of 7.8 in Football Manager 2014.

1398979893[/url]' post='410254']

Could make a case for playing Ainsworth up front with his pace and finishing. Replacement for Ojaama?

Might be a way to go as I've heard that McFadden may be on his way to Hibs if they stay up...

Let's see how stringent their... Ahem... Medicals are... Ahem yes.gif

more like £300 a week, motherwell players are on pennies thats why they are going south to league one and league two... thats where the £3-4k a week deals are.

Cleaners, labourers, dinner ladies and call handlers are on relatively low incomes. Professional footballers, including those at Motherwell, are paid hansomly for what they do. I don't see many part time cleaners driving brand new £50k X5's and staying at the race course...

Cleaners, labourers, dinner ladies and call handlers are on relatively low incomes. Professional footballers, including those at Motherwell, are paid hansomly for what they do. I don't see many part time cleaners driving brand new £50k X5's and staying at the race course...

Great post. Most of the first team squad will be on at least £50,000 per year and some considerably more. I don't know how others feel but that's not a bad income in my book.

Maybe if they worked full time they would. Lazy.

• Like 1

In reading the discussion over the merits of Lionel Ainsworth I can't help but think back to pre-season and the early weeks of the campaign where the regular war cry was how desperate for pace we were, how much we needed width over a one-paced congested central midfield, how we needed creativity and how Sutton was a waste of a shirt if he was being starved of the kind of service best suited to him.

Well we got our pace. We got our width. We got creativity. We got plenty of the deliveries for big Johnny Handsome. And what do you know, we even got double figures from the guy as well.

And folk give the impression they'd be happy to see they back of him because he doesn't track back enough.

Mental! Just mental!!

• Like 4

If he was the all round player he wouldn't be with us.

Ainsworth is capable going forward and chips in with goals, he's disinterested in tracking back.

Humphrey was rapid as, tracked back more but has no final ball and didn't contribute enough goals.

Omar, well .... erm ..... was McCall's mate?

We're Motherwell, we can pay a winger around £3k a week, what do we really expect?

The thing about 'if he was the all round player he wouldn't be with us' doesn't chime with me regards Ainsworth because all we're really looking for him is to show a bit more effort off the ball.

If it was a technique issue or something fine but there is nothing stopping him from working a bit harder.

I think Ainsworth has great potential because he's fast, he strikes a ball beautifully and he knows where the goal is but this one aspect of his game is letting him down and I don't think it would really take much from him to sort it out.

All it really is is a wee bit more discipline and effort.

For as long as I can remember, 'Well fans have complained about certain players "not tackling" etc. From Brian McLair to Gary McAllister. I even heard it leveled at Bobby Russell and Davie Cooper.

If Ainsworth continually tracking back means he's not going to be available for the out ball, or that he can't make as many forward runs, or that he tires quicker, then I'd rather he didn't do it. His net contribution to the team has been positive and hopefully he will be around next season to build on that.

In reading the discussion over the merits of Lionel Ainsworth I can't help but think back to pre-season and the early weeks of the campaign where the regular war cry was how desperate for pace we were, how much we needed width over a one-paced congested central midfield, how we needed creativity and how Sutton was a waste of a shirt if he was being starved of the kind of service best suited to him.

Well we got our pace. We got our width. We got creativity. We got plenty of the deliveries for big Johnny Handsome. And what do you know, we even got double figures from the guy as well.

And folk give the impression they'd be happy to see they back of him because he doesn't track back enough.

Mental! Just mental!!

This. 100%.

• Like 2

My gripe isnt with Ainsworth,its with the Manager. Its his job to mould a team but he insists on 4-4-2 with full backs pushing forward. In this formation Ainsworth leaves the defence exposed and does fuck all work for the team,this means on games when he doesnt score or set anything up he becomes a total liability.

I reckon on the top right of a 4-2-3-1 or up front he would be dynamite for us,even wide in 4-4-2 against poorer teams

My gripe isnt with Ainsworth,its with the Manager. Its his job to mould a team but he insists on 4-4-2 with full backs pushing forward. In this formation Ainsworth leaves the defence exposed and does fuck all work for the team,this means on games when he doesnt score or set anything up he becomes a total liability.

I reckon on the top right of a 4-2-3-1 or up front he would be dynamite for us,even wide in 4-4-2 against poorer teams

Untrue, unfair

He's a winger not a right back - he done some excellent tracking back today - defending doesn't mean he has to play like Garry Kenneth - for the most part he's concentrating on getting forward - other than that getting in front of them coming out from the back.

He's there for the out ball - that's the job he's been given

Untrue, unfair

He's a winger not a right back - he done some excellent tracking back today - defending doesn't mean he has to play like Garry Kenneth - for the most part he's concentrating on getting forward - other than that getting in front of them coming out from the back.

He's there for the out ball - that's the job he's been given

Defending and Gary Kenneth in the same sentence are you having a laugh

Not the most reliable source.

From Pie and Bovril, regarding Kenny Miller.

"My brother text me at 8am this morning, he does coaching in Vancouver. He was out with Carl Robinson last night and he told my brother. Aberdeen, Dundee United and Motherwell all sniffing around

Also been confirmed by the Whitecaps he's been released now."