2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Miller is a Scotland favourite of mine but he shouldn't be and won't be the route we're going down. We've invested significantly in Anier and Moore has real promise. I therefore don't see us in the market for a striker this summer. If Faddy goes, I'd be looking for more of a Murphy style replacement down the left.

Miller will go it whoever offers more at Ibrox or Easter Road.

Don't forget Lee Erwin is back in the frame too, now he's recovered from his injury.

Looking ahead, we're not too badly off for strikers. In the close season we should look to bring in 2/3/4 fresh faces depending on how many and who leaves. I think we should concentrate on goalkeeper, defence and midfield. The bottom line is that we need to bring more solidity to our defensive capability.

If we don't keep Ainsworth then that is the position we should be trying to fill.

Leitch and Moore are two first teamers that we didn't have at the start of this season. There are one or two others ready to make more of an impact from the bench. We could lose 2 from the squad and not necessarily have to replace them, say a defender and someone further up the park.

Not sure of the Keeper situation, neither inspires me but Hollis has done nothing wrong and Gunnar has done well recently.

I saw Bob McHugh scoring for QoS against Cowdenbeath by basically backing his arse into the Cowdenbeath goalie on the line and doing an overhead kick into the empty net on the Queen of the South website. He doesn't seem to have set the heather on fire down there and I would have thought we'd be looking to offload him now as I think he's well down the pecking order. Is his contract due to run out this summer or does anyone see him having a future with us?

mchugh really needs to move on and kick start his career elsewhere as its just not going to happen for him with us,given him a new 2 year deal last summer was a poor bit of business on our part imo

mchugh really needs to move on and kick start his career elsewhere as its just not going to happen for him with us,given him a new 2 year deal last summer was a poor bit of business on our part imo

It turned out that way, but to be fair, he was scoring for fun in the U20s when he was offered the new deal. Like so many, however, he wasn't able to make the step up.

No logic in this whatsoever in terms of an in/out for Motherwell but with Bristol Rovers being relegated to the conference, I wonder if the likes of David Clarkson will be looking for a move. I don't think he is a McCall type of player, McCall seems to like the guys who play just behind the strikers to have either a bit of trickery or pace and preferably both.

No logic in this whatsoever in terms of an in/out for Motherwell but with Bristol Rovers being relegated to the conference, I wonder if the likes of David Clarkson will be looking for a move. I don't think he is a McCall type of player, McCall seems to like the guys who play just behind the strikers to have either a bit of trickery or pace and preferably both.

Apparently his knees are gubbed.

Clarkson & Pearson officially looking for new clubs after both were released by their Bristol teams... chances?

Don't need any strikers right now with Sutton, Anier, Moore and Erwin. No idea how Pearson has progressed, but doubt we'd be interested.

As much as Clarky is a nice guy, couldn't justify playing him over Sutton, Anier, McFadden, McHugh, Moore or anyone who could be coming up from the u20's.. would be a signing more for who he is and we don't have the money for that.

Pearson... He would be like signing a better Paul Slane.

If memory serves, the pay-off money he got from Celtic that he spent on the bender was mostly supposed to be for a hip operation. Even if he ever did have that, having been without a club since I doubt he'll ever make it at a decent level now.

If memory serves, the pay-off money he got from Celtic that he spent on the bender was mostly supposed to be for a hip operation. Even if he ever did have that, having been without a club since I doubt he'll ever make it at a decent level now.

spot on there