2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Just wanted to say on the subject of McCall. What a brilliant manager, and man for that matter. He had the chance to improve his career majorly by going to Sheffield with Murphy but he stayed here with us on probably one of the tightest budgets in Scotland. I really hope for the best for him, I have a feeling that rangers will go for him soon but I only think he'll be leaving here if an English premier club want him, which I believe will be soon. Legend

Just wanted to say on the subject of McCall. What a brilliant manager, and man for that matter. He had the chance to improve his career majorly by going to Sheffield with Murphy but he stayed here with us on probably one of the tightest budgets in Scotland. I really hope for the best for him, I have a feeling that rangers will go for him soon but I only think he'll be leaving here if an English premier club want him, which I believe will be soon. Legend

Good post, although there is no way he'd be going from here to the English Premiership. Aside from the fact that achievements in our game arent recognised to any great extent down south, managing a squad and budget like ours is night and day from the multi-multi million pound squads down there.

I can see him going to mid table championship at some point and I fear that it may be this summer. Hopefully our knack of failing to get any recognition at all for our success continues, but if Mccall gets the credit (and opportunity) he deserves, then he would leave here a hero in my eyes.

1400010652[/url]' post='412117']

Good post, although there is no way he'd be going from here to the English Premiership. Aside from the fact that achievements in our game arent recognised to any great extent down south, managing a squad and budget like ours is night and day from the multi-multi million pound squads down there.

I can see him going to mid table championship at some point and I fear that it may be this summer. Hopefully our knack of failing to get any recognition at all for our success continues, but if Mccall gets the credit (and opportunity) he deserves, then he would leave here a hero in my eyes.

Can't disagree with that, but, feel the Scotland coaching role is of benefit to us in more ways than one. Gordon Strachan fulsome in his praise at the weekend is testament to that. His son on the playing staff, settled family life... Must also be considered.

Great post Goggles.

Given that we will want to avoid the possibility of a large turnover of players in 2015, I hope we can start tying up players that SM wants to retain on longer deals this summer. That would minimise any disruption.

Does anyone know Jack Leitch's contract position?

Craig Gordon's main problem is that clubs apparently can't get medical insurance that will cover his old injury. His options are to either retire, or risk playing under a standard insurance policy which won't cover anything relating to his pre-existing condition.

Again that might be completely incorrect as it's just hearsay, but i've heard it from 2 or 3 separate people.

Assuming his injury woes are behind him I would love Craig Gordon to be in goal for us next season. However, the chances of that becoming a reality are probably slim.

i would too, but apparently going back to Hearts as a player/coach..............another reason for getting rid of Alan Combe

however, this contradicts everything he has said about getting abck to playing at the highest level

Should Jamie MacDonald be on the radar following his release from Hearts, I'd be more than happy with him at Fir Park. He's shown some genuine quality over the last couple of season, and while of course he's not the same level as Randolph, he's a more than capable SPL goalie. I'd expect there to be a fair deal of competition for his signature though.

Hamill is an utter cunt. His assault on Derek Adams was a fucking joke. Should have been chucked out the game for that and his utterly horrific facial hair / baldy bastard combo. Prick.

Exactly. If you're going to get a suspension related to Derek Adams, fucking lamp the cunt.

Hamill is shite at fitba as well, which doesn't really help his cause.

Is Hutchinson definitely away? Seem to remember similar chatter at the end of last season about how he would definitely be away and I'm sure it was the same at the end of the season before that.

Difference this time is he's out of contract so other clubs don't need to pay us to sign him.

Difference this time is he's out of contract so other clubs don't need to pay us to sign him.

yeah... clubs would also feel less obliged to play him and he would potentially need to fight his way into a new team signing on a free, he may possibly sign another deal and keep himself in the shop window rather than start fresh at another club.