2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Scott Boyd link does not fill me with glee to be honest.

I am happy to give Barraclough the benefit of the doubt until the end of the month but I did think we would have seen some movement by this time if I am honest. I will be disappointed if we don't bring anyone in as it sounds like, from the interviews and pressers, that we do have some scope in the budget to do it.

Having a wee scout about twitter and some chap called Gergely Marosi, who is a news editor of some sport website in Hungary says we are taking Bence Gyurjan of Haladas on trial as of tomorrow.

Wiki has him as a 22 year old midfielder.

This concerns me too.

Barraclough absolutely NEEDS and/or SURELY has to have contacts (which surely would've been ironed out at the interview stage you'd like to think?!?!) as the rebuilding job in the summer is going to be huge.

If he's still here by then of course.

I'm sure he does, but our precarious financial situation may require us to lose a wage before handing one out.

That's based on:

1./ Players he doesn't fancy wanting to leave rather than see out their contract

2./ Another team being interested and when few in our squad are performing it doesn't make them an overly attractive prospect

I'm sure his aim is to get to mid May, retain SPFL status and rebuild then when he has scope. I think our best bet is to get players on loan with their parent clubs happy just for them to get game time rather than us covering a percentage of their salary. But then again there's probably 50 clubs throughout the UK looking for the same thing.

I'm sure he does, but our precarious financial situation may require us to lose a wage before handing one out.

The way Baraclough is talking, there is money to spend and 1 or 2 could have arrived last week. Obviously we want a few out but we appear willing to progress signings before anyone leaves.

Slight concern for me is the relevance of Baraclough's 'database' to our budget.

If true, we are casting the net far and wide. Would have hoped that given Baraclough's previous role that we wouldn't have had to...

He was working as a scout prior to joining us, so could be someone he identified then.

I'd have Vadocz back no bother. he was playing in the Indian super league anaw.

Indian football is of a poor standard but they are hammering money into the Super League. I watch the I-League champions at the weekend (think its about a level below the Super League) and it was terrible standard.

He plays with Pune City in the same team as Jermaine Pennant and David Trezeguet.

Anyone playing at Pearson's level will come up here and stroll it so get him in.

Scott Boyd is potentially a decent signing. One of the better defenders in the league but probably needs to up his game. Can't see it happening though unless Baraclough drops O'Brien or McManus and he just resigned O'Brien.

Surely we won't sign a 5 ft 10 goalie as our first choice keeper. Surely we won't give out two year deals to injury prone defenders in their 30s. Surely we won't sign a Conference North right back and try to play him up front.

There is no potential signing daft enough to rule out these days.

Ah, making up "facts" to suit your agenda... We didn't sign a 5ft 10 goalie so you can tick that one off...

Maybe you should get in touch with the club and offer them the benefits of your 20/20 hindsight in making decisions as well.

I thought it would be more unlikely that we'd sign ex players under Baraclough, but if Pearson is a player that he's seen play down south and rates then it's maybe coincidence he's an ex player rather than a lazy signing...

Also, if the players he identifies as being the best available to dig us out this mess sign up, then it doesn't matter whether they've been at the club before or not....