2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Hearts have just signed a player from a Dutch side, and they have paid a fee! How can a team not long out admin pay and we can't?

Because they are a bigger club than us, have more money coming through the club and are not completely skint like us.

I reckon we will bring in one player today with one leaving.

It would be good to be able to ship out players who don't fit in to the squad - Vigurs, McHugh, Cummins, Nielson, ZFA. I note most folk on here add Lawson to this list but I don't think we have ever seen him fit and get a run in the team. His last appearance which lasted c.50 minutes, he was OK.

Carswell looks to me to be of similar ability to the likes of Fitzpatrick and Forbes. He could fit in to a Championship team and any offer of a loan deal should be considered if one comes. Lasley, Lawson, Ramsden, Reid are midfield cover. Leitch???

Rumours of Erwin leaving would be a small blow, but less of one if Moore keeps his fitness and we sign a new attacking player.

Another creative midfielder and support for Sutton would do me. Provided we can keep possession and start to create chances, I think we will be fine this year.

I actually think Reid is a decent player. Probably our best right back.

Reid has had to play all over the place this season filling in gaps at left back, centre half, midfield. He might not be the best player in the world but he usually puts the effort in and I think he's as good a utility squad player as we are likely to find.

Does he make it into a full strength team? Maybe not but I think he is useful to have around.

• Like 1

Reid has had to play all over the place this season filling in gaps at left back, centre half, midfield. He might not be the best player in the world but he usually puts the effort in and I think he's as good a utility squad player as we are likely to find.

Does he make it into a full strength team? Maybe not but I think he is useful to have around.

Agreed. Not brilliant but puts in a shift wherever he's asked.

If you'd have O'Brien in your team ahead of Kerr, Reid or Ramsden at centre back (we have Law or Watt for right back) after Saturday, can I suggest you use deadline day wisely and get your eyes tested?

Kerr as dead wood? He's had two decent games at centre back (his natural position) in a row. Have any of our other centre backs managed this so far this season?

Have to agree O'Brien causes so many problems. He should have been stronger on Saturday at St Johnstones 1st goal. Kerr isn't great but given a run at centre half would offer far more than O'Brien.

I still not expecting much to happen today although you never know.

Only got the highlights from MFC website to go on but fuck me what a terrible debut from Laing. In my opinion at fault for the goal and looked a dumpling in how he caught out for the red card. I'd not write any off for a bad day at the office but an inauspicious start for a player I'm not sure we really needed to be signing.

Thinking purely of the run in to this season I'd like to see another midfield body and a forward if possible. Our injuries problems in the midfield have been brutal, if Pearson and Lasley for most of the season can stay fit I'll be much happier.

Encouraged as I am by Erwin and Moore we could do with a more mobile forward with a bit of experience not to put to much pressure on them to deliver goals. I certainly want to see both them and Thomas stay involved as between them they've look some of the brighter elements of the last couple of games.

Trying to piece to together a definite first XI is still pretty tricky given but a quick stab if everyone were fit I'd like to see starting, new faces could clearly change this also.

Twardzik

Reid Kerr McManus Hammell

Law Lasley Pearson Straker

Sutton Erwin

Twardzik basically been decent, would like a more commanding keeper for next season if possible.

Reid gets the nod just from Ramsden who certainly looked decent in midfield at Tannadice.

Kerr is gamble on last two decent performances and fact he is young and ours rather than a loanee

McManus for all I think he underperformed we need some experience there

Hammell getting older but reliable if fit.

Law scrapes into team as despite not having a great deal to offer I think he'll put a shift in and potentially hide less than Ainsworth who I see as still an impact sub for now.

Lasley and Pearson probably as good as we'll get in the middle of the park, Pearson should allow Lasley not to need to try and be the midfield all by himself

Straker gets the nod over Thomas who again I think is better suited to mainly coming off the bench and making an impact just now. Educated guess on Straker but he looks physically more robust, lets hope he can play a bit.

Sutton will get goals if he gets service and Erwin looks able to put himself about, hope he gets a goal or two soon to back up some encouraging signs.

Subs

Neilson

Moore

Thomas

Ainsworth

Ramsden

Watt

Carswell

Ainsworth offer something, there's no doubt about it, and when he's on his game he is a fantastic asset with a cannon for a shot.

However..... his workrate is appalling and he continually drifts in and out of games.

McCall (and probably the fans too) were pinning the teams creative hopes on him and Vigurs delivering this season and it just hasn't happened.

Straker gets the nod over Thomas who again I think is better suited to mainly coming off the bench and making an impact just now. Educated guess on Straker but he looks physically more robust, lets hope he can play a bit.

He was shocking in the first half when he played left wing. Not even a little bit bad, complete shite, looked like he had no idea what he was doing. Certainly improved when pulled back in defence, but for me Thomas has to play left wing.

• Like 1