2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

If it is the same Leanne, then the "crackpot" as you call her is the reason her father has appeared on the scene to try and dig us out the financial hole we are in. She might just be the reason we still have a team to support and I'm sure she probably has a better handle on what is happening transfer/planning for the future wise than anyone else on this forum.

• Like 1

If it is the same Leanne, then the "crackpot" as you call her is the reason her father has appeared on the scene to try and dig us out the financial hole we are in. She might just be the reason we still have a team to support and I'm sure she probably has a better handle on what is happening transfer/planning for the future wise than anyone else on this forum.

+1

Some of the posts on this thread are nothing short of embarrassing. We are all Well fans and need to support the team and stick together. Please respect each other.

I cant understand why we resigned O'Brien. In his interview Laing said he was a right centre back and nothing else. So no replacement for McManus. So it is O'Brien who is under pressure for his place. Barraclough said he wanted to play a possession game building from the back but O'Brien tends to hump the ball up the park.

The only explanation maybe that Bara wants to play 5-3-2. If so we need another midfielder and striker. Oh and a new goalkeeper as well.

As for Stalker we need to give him a chance. Going by the games he played he seems to have been a regular at Aldershot and Southend. He played at Wembley in a cup final for Southend and helped Aldershot to the conference championship and then to the league two playoffs the next year. He fell out of favour at York after injury but his manager their was Bara's mate so hopefully he has not sold his pal a dud. Players fit in at some clubs and not at others. Everyone was aware that we needed a left sided player. Maybe Dayton would have been a better short term investment. But he can only play left wing. Right now we need a left back but in a few weeks Hammell should be back and Stalker seems capable of being pushed forward then.

Ignoring others referencing the user on here called Leanne,

are you implying that Les Hutchison is only involved at Motherwell Fottball Club becasue of his daughter?

Not at all. I'm suggesting that her being a Motherwell fan may well have influenced her father's thinking as to where his next philanthropic venture would be best placed, particularly given her eventual appointment to the Board.

If I recall correctly, her support of Motherwell was mentioned by him at the very early stages of his proposed involvement. Clearly his previous connection to the area is a major factor, but her fondness of MFC may have been the key element in deciding in which way he could best help the community. I'm sure he could have found other...non MFC.... ways to invest in the Motherwell area.

Not at all. I'm suggesting that her being a Motherwell fan may well have influenced her father's thinking as to where his next philanthropic venture would be best placed, particularly given her eventual appointment to the Board.

If I recall correctly, her support of Motherwell was mentioned by him at the very early stages of his proposed involvement. Clearly his previous connection to the area is a major factor, but her fondness of MFC may have been the key element in deciding in which way he could best help the community. I'm sure he could have found other...non MFC.... ways to invest in the Motherwell area.

I suspect if it hadn't been for the wee nudge from his children, then Hutchinson wouldn't have bothered his arse making any Motherwell based investments. She appears to be the football fan and he is slightly indifferent towards football(rumours of being a Rangers fan would confirm this).

• Like 1