2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

He was shocking in the first half when he played left wing. Not even a little bit bad, complete shite, looked like he had no idea what he was doing. Certainly improved when pulled back in defence, but for me Thomas has to play left wing.

Yeah like to see Thomas play a lot more, but given the relegation battle we are in I'd be loathe to start him at the minute. Not totally against it but certainly don't want to load to much expectation on him although he does seem to have some genuine talent. Looks a cut above most of the squad in terms of touch and technique.

Wouldn't judge Straker to harshly on that first half, that was a total makeshift looking team. New centre back pairing and midfield lack real midfielders.

Wouldn't judge Straker to harshly on that first half, that was a total makeshift looking team. New centre back pairing and midfield lack real midfielders.

Honestly, Malky, first half he looked almost Thermeus/Casagolda like in his ineptitude. Looked better at left back but as a winger, he should get fired out of a cannon...

• Like 1

Kenny McLean about to leave St Mirren for Aberdeen.

A boost for us? It'll certainly weaken St. Mirren.

He's their best player, however if the fee they get allows them to bring in a couple (or more) new faces, who knows they could be gems and they then have a bit of strength in depth and options.

We've managed to bring unfancied in on the cheap and they've done well and made the team stronger .... Clancy, Gunning, Jennings, Coke

However I doubt they could add enough quality and offer more strength than when our injuries return to the fold. It's starting to look like a straight shoot out between us and St Mirren to play the currants.

McLean signing for Aberdeen is a great bit of news. Will leave a massive gap in their side and unlikely to be able to get a suitable replacement.

Indeed. Watching their game on Friday, thought to myself "if only we had a player with that kind of drive". Be interested to see if they replace him and how much they get for him...

Indeed. Watching their game on Friday, thought to myself "if only we had a player with that kind of drive". Be interested to see if they replace him and how much they get for him...

They knocked back £150k from Fleetwood a couple of weeks ago so you have got to think that the offer is north of that figure. He has 18 months on his contract so no real need for them to sell him on the cheap whilst they are neck deep in shit at the bottom of the league.

compensation quoted at £250-£275k if he went in summer, so could speculate release clause was probably £50k -£100k more

Honestly, Malky, first half he looked almost Thermeus/Casagolda like in his ineptitude. Looked better at left back but as a winger, he should get fired out of a cannon...

Fair do's but still as much as I been harsh on Laing try not to rush to judgement on one poor showing. Least he looked decent at fullback though, Watt has looked decent there when I've seen him but if we have a pacy one who can add to the attack as well as defende it be no bad thing.

Delighted to hear about that Aberdeen signing as well.

compensation quoted at £250-£275k if he went in summer, so could speculate release clause was probably £50k -£100k more

So they'll have money to spend? Have to imagine Teale would have had contingency plans given that there have been bids for McLean before.

Be interesting to see how our squads compare after midnight tonight...

So they'll have money to spend? Have to imagine Teale would have had contingency plans given that there have been bids for McLean before.

to bring it back in line for domeski

I wonder if they would spend it on Sutton...

£300k is now being reported for McLean.

Would like to see us pull something out the bag here!

SSN just reporting Motherwell are set to sign 6'4 goalkeeper George Long on loan from Sheffield United..

Now that would be welcome news. Hopefully he is someone who can own his box. Still find it strange that we would be able to fund a goalkeeper whilst Gunnar is still on the books.

Quick wee google there on George Long. Been on loans at Oxford this season, oxford manager says he ia highly rated and likes to command his box, played 73 times for Sheffield Utd already, courted by man u and arsenal when he was 17 it would seem and played for England under 20s. He is tall.

Quick wee google there on George Long. Been on loans at Oxford this season, oxford manager says he ia highly rated and likes to command his box, played 73 times for Sheffield Utd already, courted by man u and arsenal when he was 17 it would seem and played for England under 20s. He is tall.

Sounds promising. If confirmed, could be a good bit of business...